FI System with least Heat Soak Issues

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Hey. Just wanted to get the most current forum members opinions on which forced induction system, Manufacturing has the least Heat Soak Issues for hard street driving. Thank you for your help.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Centrifugals will often have the best average IATs unless pullied very aggressively. Temps come down pretty quickly after a pull.
Thank you for your reply. I will go with a system that has reliable HP output again, and again and again. I don't want a system which after some hard street driving have to stop, smoke a couple of packs cigarettes before I can go back out and drive hard again. And I don't even smoke

Keo_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 GT Premium Ignot Silver
Definitely a centri would work best.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I just never knew with all of the advancements in FI, that no one can make a system which controlla the dreaded HP killing heat Soak

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I just never knew with all of the advancements in FI, that no one can make a system which controlla the dreaded HP killing heat Soak
The laws of thermodynamics haven't changed (last time I checked)

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Maybe you will have some luck if you have a big whipple, big pulley, big heat exchanger with fans and a large battery location or trunk tank. Likely won’t run as cool as a centri but should hold very high temps at bay.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My Pro-Charger will cruise at 2 - 3 degrees above ambient.

When idling for long periods in a drive thru (for instance), the biggest delta is only 32 degrees. For example, 77 degree ambient, IAT will hit 109, when the factory cooling fans kick on, it will drop quickly to 105 - 106.

Get back on the road and it will drop back to 2 - 3 degrees above ambient in just a minute or 2.

Simply outstanding.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Maybe you will have some luck if you have a big whipple, big pulley, big heat exchanger with fans and a large battery location or trunk tank. Likely won’t run as cool as a centri but should hold very high temps at bay.
Thanks. Do you know anyone running something like the Killer Chiller, I think that's what it is called?

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Thanks. Do you know anyone running something like the Killer Chiller, I think that's what it is called?
I do not. I just think at that point you’re trying too hard

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
My TT set up has been great for heat soak to this point. Iats are 2-3° above while cruising, rush hour and drive thrus haven't crept more than 16° above. Just did a road trip and CHTs ran around 210° or less. Went up to 216° pulling the mountains but right back down. Right after installing the kit I went out for an hour long hard drive and CHTs reached 232°! That was after a lot of pulls and no noticeable loss in power plus it dropped quick once I got off the fun pedal. For reference, outside temps around here have passed the 100° mark already.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
When you centri guys are posting about your IATs are you actually taking IAT2s at the Intake manifold?

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
My TT set up has been great for heat soak to this point. Iats are 2-3° above while cruising, rush hour and drive thrus haven't crept more than 16° above. Just did a road trip and CHTs ran around 210° or less. Went up to 216° pulling the mountains but right back down. Right after installing the kit I went out for an hour long hard drive and CHTs reached 232°! That was after a lot of pulls and no noticeable loss in power plus it dropped quick once I got off the fun pedal. For reference, outside temps around here have passed the 100° mark already.
Thank you for the Great Info on FI street driving conditions. Which system are you running?, Any regrets or what ifs? Something you wish you would have done differently?
Thank you

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
These new FI systems don't suffer from "heatsoak" the way people used to think of it. Sure, if you're sitting still, the IATs will go up on any system. Once you start moving, temps drop pretty quickly. I don't see your location but unless your area has consistent 90+ temps, I wouldn't use Heatsoak to determine what system you put on your car. A water based cooling system has the potential to be more temp friendly. I have a friend with a Procharger kit and his IATs are consistently higher than mine on the Whipple with big heat exchanger. I do have a trunk mounted water tank though. My IATS actually go down during a pull where his go up as his boost increases. I also had to run water lines under the car and do a lot more work than he did.

Decide if you want a simple or complex system. A centri kit is far easier to install, less maintenance and will still get you where you want to be power wise. I love my Whipple but I have chased many an issue with belt alignment and you just have many more points of issues/leaks. Not to mention all the added expense of 10-rib upgrade.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
When you centri guys are posting about your IATs are you actually taking IAT2s at the Intake manifold?
Yea my sensor is in the manifold
Sponsored