Sponsored

Favorite Camber Arm

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I know there's a ton of info out there, but it's buried in a gazillion suspension threads. So let's start this one just for fun. What's your favorite camber arm and why?
Sponsored

S550 Recon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
'22 CF150
Non-adjustable = Stock, because they work perfectly fine.

Adjustable = BMR because the design just works and the arm is very strong. I'd wager it's the strongest adjustable design available aside from the AAD which have a totally different style and approach for adjusting.

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Non-adjustable BMR perfect for lowered Eibach pro kit.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
This isn't hard. AAD blows everyone else out of the water in my opinion. It's light, stiff, strong, has fine increments of adjustment well beyond stock possibilities, on the fly adjustment is made in known and easy to reproduce steps, and it has low-friction/high stiffness joints. I'm struggling to find a downside. They even look pretty.

https://aadperformance.com/collections/mustang/products/2015-mustang-s550-rear-camber-teailing-arm

The lower dollar alternative is stiffer bushings on the stock arm with a lockout adjuster. That gets you to around $200. At that point, why not just spend the extra $200 for the AAD?

https://superprousa.com/collections...1k-superpro-lateral-camber-link-inner-bushing

https://hotpart.com/product/2015-present-ford-mustang-rear-camber-arm-adjustment-kit-304-stainless/

This reminds me. If anyone wants stock camber arms with SuperPro bushings *and promises to uses them doing something like track days or autocross or whatever*, shoot me a PM. I'll give them to you if you pay shipping. <spoken for>

Last edited:
OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Wow, I gotta admit @TeeLew , that carries a lot of weight coming from you. I had never ruled AAD out, I had for one reason or another shied away from AAD solely because of the non-infinite adjustment range. One click gives you one setting, the next click gives you another...what if you need to be in the middle of that?? For camber, what does position to postion net you on these arms? And no, I don't mind the money part.

Maybe guessing (and just a guess) that infinite adjustability isn't as critical as say maybe toe?

I had been leaning towards SPC based off some other highly respected recommendations also. Thoughts?

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I'd second the AAD camber arms. I have them on my car. Like teelew said, the adjustments are easy, and the results repeatable. It really helps for testing/tuning. Additionally, if you can't get to the exact right camber setting you want, @AAD Performance helped me with some very specific camber tabs. It's been a minute and I don't exactly remember, but I want to say I could get a tab for .1 increments if necessary.

Very high quality product, and it was about half the weight of the factory arm. I just wish I could have gotten the arm in blue instead of red!

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hoping some of you guys can help … :like:

Per mm change in camber arm length, what’s the degree change in camber ?

Cheers,

WD :like:

AAD Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aadperformance.com
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
S550 5.0 2.9L Whipple AAD Drag Pak
Wow, I gotta admit @TeeLew , that carries a lot of weight coming from you. I had never ruled AAD out, I had for one reason or another shied away from AAD solely because of the non-infinite adjustment range. One click gives you one setting, the next click gives you another...what if you need to be in the middle of that?? For camber, what does position to postion net you on these arms? And no, I don't mind the money part.

Maybe guessing (and just a guess) that infinite adjustability isn't as critical as say maybe toe?

I had been leaning towards SPC based off some other highly respected recommendations also. Thoughts?
On a stock height gt 1mm tab change is approx. 0.15 degrees in camber change

Standard camber alignment tabs adjust in 1mm increments, 0.5mm increment tabs are available too

- Graham

AAD Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aadperformance.com
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
S550 5.0 2.9L Whipple AAD Drag Pak
The tabs are how we change the length of the arm, they are laser cut from 11ga stainless steel.

The arm is a two piece design, the “arm” has two fixed transverse bolt holes, and the “end” has two slotted holes, one of which has a recess cut for the tombstone shaped tab. The arm and end mate together via a tongue and grove design, one bolt is used purely to apply clamping load to the two pieces, the other retains the tab. The bolt that retains the tab locks the arm in position.

To change alignment, street to track, all that needs to be done is loosen the rearward bolt, undo the tab retaining bolt, swap in a new tab, slide the arm into alignment with the hole in the tab, toss that bolt and nut back on and tighten them both up.

The tabs are all the same shape, they only go in one way, the only thing that changes is the bolt hole location along the length of the tab. I.e. increasing or decreasing the length of the arm.

B6E0A47A-1D64-4034-901C-081C336A5D8C.jpeg

As shown in the picture from left to right (-9mm,0,+9mm)

Sponsored

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
I'd second the AAD camber arms. I have them on my car. Like teelew said, the adjustments are easy, and the results repeatable. It really helps for testing/tuning. Additionally, if you can't get to the exact right camber setting you want, @AAD Performance helped me with some very specific camber tabs. It's been a minute and I don't exactly remember, but I want to say I could get a tab for .1 increments if necessary.

Very high quality product, and it was about half the weight of the factory arm. I just wish I could have gotten the arm in blue instead of red!

What was the install experience? Tough? Easy?

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
What was the install experience? Tough? Easy?
No harder than any other camber arm to install. Drivers side is a huge pain because of the fuel filler line, and if I had to do it again, I would drop the cradle on the drivers side to get more clearance. Passenger side was a breeze comparatively. I would say you could plan on 4 hours to do the install if you have the right tools, and don't live/drive in the rust belt.

Getting my camber dialed was the time consuming part because you have to take the pressure off the tab to swap it. But once you get the camber where you want it, you know, with reasonable certainty what should happen to your camber if you go up a tab, or down a tab, and adjustments are simple and quick.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M

For God's sake, don't listen to me!

The adjustment is non-infinite, but it's a very fine adjustment. My cross-camber tolerance is 0.2 deg, and that's easy to hit with the chips they send you (0.15 deg steps). They also sell 1/2 steps which are at 0.075 deg. We just don't need anything of higher resolution than that.

Having said this, I don't care for the AAD toe links for the exact reason you mention.

As far as the SPC arms go, I think they've very nice, but I didn't really see an advantage with them compared with the stock arm and bushings. Your call on that one.