Sponsored

Driver side rear camber arm

blakedanatural

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 Premium
Hello All,
I have a 2015 mustang gt premium with 130k miles and replaced all suspension parts with oe ford parts. I cant get the driver side rear camber arm off. The inner bolt is difficult to get a socket on with the ratchet attached.
If anybody has a tool suggestion or any other tactic to get that bolt would be greatly appreciated. Once I get this arm replaced I know I need an alignment. Thanking you in advance,

Blake
Sponsored

juk15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
magnetic 2015 mustang gt
Hi Blake. They are difficult. Check out some YouTube videos on the subject it will help you see how to attack the problem. Definitely better to do on a lift to make it easier. It is possible with Jack stands. It is also better to use a ratcheting closed end wrech for that 18mm nut. Even better is the pivoting kind that let's you adjust angle of the wrench to the closed end rachet.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
An 18MM S-Wrench and a ratchet with extensions and a socket are what I used on mine. I kept flipping the S-Wrench with each turn to get the proper leverage.

991GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
I just adjusted my camber and this is a PITA. Use a second wrench on the 18mm wrench that is on the bolt for additional leverage. Works well.

double_wrench.jpg

OP
OP

blakedanatural

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 Premium
I will attempt this weekend. Thank you very much. Man I was on that bolt for like 3 hours. I was thinking bout removing the shock for better leverage what do you think?

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have BMR supplied bolts in my rear camber arms because they came with the BMR camber lockout kit, but the method of install/removal is still the same. Here are the tools that I used on my car:

- 1/2” drive ratchet
- 1/2” to 3/8” adapter
- 3/8” straight extension
- 3/8” wobble extension
- 3/8” 10MM Allen socket (with My newly supplied bolts only)

I hope this makes sense and helps you to be able to get the job done with ease.

IMG_6180.jpeg

IMG_6179.jpeg

IMG_6178.jpeg

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
You can lower the cradle a bit to get a bit more room. But it's just one of those pita things to do. Patience is about the only thing that will get it. Also, get plenty of wd40 or whatever penetrating oil you use on it tonight so it has time to penetrate for the weekend.

OP
OP

blakedanatural

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 Premium
this is good. Will report on progress this weekend. Thank you for the pictures and to everyone else as well

OP
OP

blakedanatural

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 Premium
Hi Blake. They are difficult. Check out some YouTube videos on the subject it will help you see how to attack the problem. Definitely better to do on a lift to make it easier. It is possible with Jack stands. It is also better to use a ratcheting closed end wrech for that 18mm nut. Even better is the pivoting kind that let's you adjust angle of the wrench to the closed end rachet.
Hey it was a pita but I got it off today using the 2 ratchet wrenches. i installed but I couldnt get a torque ratchet on it. I torque the outer bolt to 76 ft lbs but i know the inner is 85ft lbs. Thank you for your input and to everyone else as well

Sponsored