exodus.eco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium
Hey everyone,
Been recently looking at rear seat delete kits. I already have my rear seats taken out and looking for something to cover everything up and give it a quality clean look. I have seen that most people have gone with the alterum kit on americanmuscle (link) https://www.americanmuscle.com/rear-seat-delete-kit-2015.html .
The one thing I read was that this kit can only support around 65 pounds before it is risking a break. The emp kit however claims to support over 100 pounds on each side (which will be much better for storage and will take away the worry of breaking it) link https://www.americanmuscle.com/must...kit-with-full-carpet-pieces-emp-mrsd-cpt.html . All the other specs seem to be very similar(weight, construction, price, benefits, etc.).The only thing is that I cannot find any pictures of the kit with the full carpet option. The regular kit with just the plastic just doesn't look very good to me. I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge on this or recommends another kit?
Sponsored

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Check out CM Components. https://thecmcomponents.com. You can also ask for thicker material to be used in the construction, as well as custom graphics (like they did for me). Also When I installed mine I lined the floor beneath the seat with plastic bags and the bottom side of the seat delete and filled the empty space with expandable foam. Once it was fully cured I removed the bottom seat delete panel and removed the plastic bags as well as trimmed any areas I didnt want foam. That really gave the seat delete bottom extra support. I have two one hundred pound dogs I put back there and even with all their tossing around the seat delete bottom held up great, and I even have the std material thickness model.
20210827_195809.jpg

OP
OP

exodus.eco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium

Sponsored

OP
OP

exodus.eco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium
Weight also. They are the lightest option out there. If you install a rollbar you can't put anything back there anyway. But if you intend to load items in the rear then yeah that won't work.
Yea
Weight also. They are the lightest option out there. If you install a rollbar you can't put anything back there anyway. But if you intend to load items in the rear then yeah that won't work.
Yea I intend on putting things back there so that won’t be my route

OP
OP

exodus.eco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium
Got some answers from the people at emp.
1. The carpet used is very similar to the material already in the rear
2. Install is the same compared to the non carpet options
3. Features more mounting points compared to other options to provide a higher weight capacity

Sponsored

dave95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
Check out CM Components. https://thecmcomponents.com. You can also ask for thicker material to be used in the construction, as well as custom graphics (like they did for me). Also When I installed mine I lined the floor beneath the seat with plastic bags and the bottom side of the seat delete and filled the empty space with expandable foam. Once it was fully cured I removed the bottom seat delete panel and removed the plastic bags as well as trimmed any areas I didnt want foam. That really gave the seat delete bottom extra support. I have two one hundred pound dogs I put back there and even with all their tossing around the seat delete bottom held up great, and I even have the std material thickness model.
20210827_195809.jpg
How the hell do you get two 100 lb dogs back there hahaha, I have a Rottweiler that’s about 115-120 lbs and he sat in the back alone for a 3 hour trip and was miserable

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I just ordered this for my R, doing a rollbar and don’t want to cut the oem. Planning on adding a little material on the seat back section if need be to stiffen it. I was after one that had an oem look.

https://www.coverking.com/seatdeleter.html
That is great find. Good quality and some great competition for the OEM unit that is four to five times the price.

Love the product description...

77.JPG

I'm not going to lie... but the OEM is likely built by CoverKing and I can't believe you found it. haha, that's nuts.
The OEM RSD is not made by CoverKing. I've put in a few OEM ones now and they are all from the same company.

IMG_6736-2-X2.jpg

IMG_6740-2-X2.jpg

https://www.vantagetechusa.com/

Last edited:

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
How the hell do you get two 100 lb dogs back there hahaha, I have a Rottweiler that’s about 115-120 lbs and he sat in the back alone for a 3 hour trip and was miserable
By accident. I have one that will jump in, curls up and go to sleep befor i get the other one in the car. Then the other sits up front. Now they both like to do that. So needless to say they do it by being on top of each other for the most part, but they do get the job done.

Scooter MGee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'20 MGT, '18 H-D Fat Bob 131ci, '17 Yaris
I have been considering a RSD and I like the Coverking option very much. I have read here that when you remove the seatbelt assemblies a light on the dash comes on. Is this true?
Sponsored