Sponsored

Driving Gloves?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I've always wanted a roll cage but I can't. Just had a kid three months ago and I need the back seats.
I would not recommend regular street driving with a roll bar anyway. I install the roll bar a few days before a track event and then remove it afterwards. It takes some time, but IMO a roll bar is very dangerous to have in the car if you aren't wearing a helmet. I have the proper "padding" on the roll bar which is extremely stiff, but I still really, really wouldn't want to hit my bare head on it in an accident.
Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I have a question though. Why would you need gloves for "fire protection"? I don't know about all the nuances of racing, but on a daily driver taken to the track at times, what would you need "fire protection" on your gloves for?
In case you wad the thing up and catch on fire.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
When you go on track with personal safety equipment, you hope it'll not be needed to save your skin. You know that in a serious accident with fire, you're going to lose some, no matter how well you are "protected" by suit, balaclava, stockings, underwear, helmet, and gloves. You also know that the extinguisher mounted in your car is probably going to be inaccessible if you crash, much more likely to be used to help another driver in fire trouble. Fire-protecting gloves, and the rest of your required personal equipment is going to be of value when you want to do a big favor for someone in fire danger.

OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
When you go on track with personal safety equipment, you hope it'll not be needed to save your skin. You know that in a serious accident with fire, you're going to lose some, no matter how well you are "protected" by suit, balaclava, stockings, underwear, helmet, and gloves. You also know that the extinguisher mounted in your car is probably going to be inaccessible if you crash, much more likely to be used to help another driver in fire trouble. Fire-protecting gloves, and the rest of your required personal equipment is going to be of value when you want to do a big favor for someone in fire danger.
Good point.

Sponsored

drudis

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dariusrudis.net
First Name
Darius
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium - SpongeBob Yellow
Good point.
My last car(only had 2lbs extinguisher):
temp.jpg

and my current car: with cage, full containment seat, hans, all personal protection, and Halon & extra extinguisher:
PXL_20201010_185802211.jpg

OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Good point.
My last car(only had 2lbs extinguisher):
temp.jpg

and my current car: with cage, full containment seat, hans, all personal protection, and Halon & extra extinguisher:
PXL_20201010_185802211.jpg
I wish I could do cool stuff like that! Nice race car.
Sponsored