Sponsored

Dragy 60-130

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Compression test for a car that’s running about where it should? Gimme a break
At 80,000 miles a compression test has merit.
Why wouldn’t any performance enthusiast document cylinder pressure when chasing MPH or E.T. ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
N/A Gen 2 Coyotes 60-130 deep into the 7s? No way. I looked at the Dragy app history and every single 2015-2017 GT in the 8s and 7s were supercharged.
Go look on the All Motor Coyotes Facebook page…

Quick search found a bunch of manual gen2s in the 8s no cams…

Found a car in the 6s.

Obviously they have lots of weight reduction but the point is people can go pretty fast n/a without making it a tin can or doing nitro mix.

Screenshots attached
IMG_5098.png

IMG_5099.png

IMG_5100.png

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I did an 8 NA back in the day, on the street. just an e85 tune and drag pack and great DA. low 5s now though.

I think the DA was like negative 1200

Last edited:

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I did an 8 NA back in the day, on the street. just an e85 tune and drag pack and great DA. low 5s now though.

You have a 10 speed and the gen3 motor which picks up a lot more with an e85 tune than the gen2 does. Just want to point that out for the op and others.

Still very good times for very minimal mods.

I also think the OP is pretty close to what I think he should be at time wise.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Do you guys that chase 60-130 times put narrower/lighter rims and tires on your cars? I would assume you'd get a significant gain on an NA Coyote Mustang.

OP
OP
MROCGUY

MROCGUY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
You have a 10 speed and the gen3 motor which picks up a lot more with an e85 tune than the gen2 does. Just want to point that out for the op and others.

Still very good times for very minimal mods.

I also think the OP is pretty close to what I think he should be at time wise.
Do you guys that chase 60-130 times put narrower/lighter rims and tires on your cars? I would assume you'd get a significant gain on an NA Coyote Mustang.
I was not trying to chase the 60 - 130. Since I was doing a 1/4 mile run, I thought I'd push it to 130 for curiosity. I just want to know if my car is on par.

I'd like to think that the lighter wheels and e85r tune made a significant difference.

I could not hook on the street with my previous Goodyear F1 assymetrics, hence the continentals

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone would, not just the NA guys

I bought flow forged wheels because they were some of the lightest I could find for the price. But even at almost 10lb a corner you'd be luck to see what, a tenth or two, or 1-2 mph out of it in the 1/4, even combined with a lightweight driveshaft?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Anyone would, not just the NA guys

I bought flow forged wheels because they were some of the lightest I could find for the price. But even at almost 10lb a corner you'd be luck to see what, a tenth or two, or 1-2 mph out of it in the 1/4, even combined with a lightweight driveshaft?
My reason for specifically stating NA is based on my assumption that some people with a power adder have trouble hooking at 60 mph and even faster. If traction is a problem you need the wider tires/wheels and you will be faster with more grip rather than less weight.

But with an NA Coyote, you aren't going to have a traction problem at 60 mph or more unless it's raining or cold.

It makes sense that the gains would be relatively small. Just a handful of car lengths.

Sixtus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sixto
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2016 GT Convertible, 2015 Ecoboost PP
PP3 “unlocked” the top end of my ‘16 vert auto, totally worth it!! GT350 manifold is key!!! You will thank me later

Sponsored

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My reason for specifically stating NA is based on my assumption that some people with a power adder have trouble hooking at 60 mph and even faster. If traction is a problem you need the wider tires/wheels and you will be faster with more grip rather than less weight.

But with an NA Coyote, you aren't going to have a traction problem at 60 mph or more unless it's raining or cold.

It makes sense that the gains would be relatively small. Just a handful of car lengths.
Even on a relatively skinny 20lb 19x9.5 or 19x10, with a supercharged car, you shouldn't have any traction issues with a drag radial at 60mph

A drag pack with a 19x5 front tire will normally have a 10" wide out back with a 305 (wider but still much lighter than factory wheel and tire)

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Go look on the All Motor Coyotes Facebook page…

Quick search found a bunch of manual gen2s in the 8s no cams…

Found a car in the 6s.

Obviously they have lots of weight reduction but the point is people can go pretty fast n/a without making it a tin can or doing nitro mix.

Screenshots attached
IMG_5098.png

IMG_5099.png

IMG_5100.png
I guess with enough reasonable weight reduction and engine mods the N/A 8.9s don’t surprise me (and they weren’t even in great DA). The 6.65 split though, that’s pretty shocking, but I guess there’s always an exception. That car must be completely unstreetable. I’m sure it’s completely gutted, full light weight drag pack, lightweight brakes, expensive CF hood and decklid, probably even missing the front/rear bumpers and roll bars in the pursuit of speed.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I guess with enough reasonable weight reduction and engine mods the N/A 8.9s don’t surprise me (and they weren’t even in great DA). The 6.65 split though, that’s pretty shocking, but I guess there’s always an exception. That car must be completely unstreetable. I’m sure it’s completely gutted, full light weight drag pack, lightweight brakes, expensive CF hood and decklid, probably even missing the front/rear bumpers and roll bars in the pursuit of speed.
Ya the 6.65 is pretty unreasonable. Great setup, tons of weight reduction, and possibly some nitro mix. Point was to show that some people go crazy fast n/a.

Every time I look at that Facebook page I get depressed with how slow my car is haha

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Even on a relatively skinny 20lb 19x9.5 or 19x10, with a supercharged car, you shouldn't have any traction issues with a drag radial at 60mph

A drag pack with a 19x5 front tire will normally have a 10" wide out back with a 305 (wider but still much lighter than factory wheel and tire)
I guess we have different definitions of skinny. Yours seems more... American.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nobody's going any skinnier than that
Sponsored