Do you drive in quiet mode?

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Sometimes when I’m coming home from happy hours. Otherwise it’s Track Mode all the time lol.
Sponsored

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I believe I have quiet mod set from 8pm to 9pm. Usually set it to sport or track shortly after leaving my neighborhood. I do though at times set to quiet when I am just annoyed with everything. I have a Borla Atak cat back sitting in my garage waiting to install, have a feeling I may be using quiet mode a little more often, but am looking forward to track mode with the Atak!

Doug

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
I use quiet mode on cold starts when i leave in the morning. Most of the time i cruise in sport. Sometimes when i want to chill out and relax - i'll drive in quiet.

I call it "mercedes mode" Because with the quietness and look of the interior, and the 'quiet performance' it makes me feel like im driving a sport european vehicle.

The beauty of active exhaust is that you have that choice. when i was in my 20's i was all about 'all loud, all time time' now i love having the choice of ear shattered loud and whisper quiet. I'll never change it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
Since I do not drive it daily I do not use quiet mode at all but I also like and respect my neighborhood so whenever I leave early before 6am I use the quiet mode. Great thing with active exhaust is that you can decide how loud you want it to be, I haven't had ever something like this before and I love it to set it to my preference how I want it.

On the road I usually set it to sport mode but I can imagine the need for more frequent and more quiet daily driving. I cannot get enough from listening to the sound.

Just for reference: here we've got some hills around where motorbikes are driving on Sundays as well and you can hear them for miles all day, so now the police is making sure that this does not happen anymore.

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
I think of my 21 gt cs convert features the active exhaust is my favourite. I love the transition in sound when I toggle to sport plus. Its like pressing the "muscle car" button. Makes me smile every time. I do use quiet start always as I like the stealth of not being noticed until I want to be.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I think of my 21 gt cs convert features the active exhaust is my favourite. I love the transition in sound when I toggle to sport plus. Its like pressing the "muscle car" button. Makes me smile every time. I do use quiet start always as I like the stealth of not being noticed until I want to be.

You can change the setting on the fly ?

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
First thing I do when I start the car is put it in Sport mode. I've never used Quiet mode yet but then again I'm retired so I'm not leaving my neighborhood early in the morning anymore.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
I get up really early for work, mine is set for quiet mode between 10:30PM and 7 AM.

I do like quiet mode on long trips also.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
You can change the setting on the fly ?
Yup. Do it all the time. One of the few settings that is not grayed out when the car is in gear. It takes some practice while driving. Don't recommend it in heavy traffic as it does require a bit of distracted driving to look at the screen in order to select the correct sound mode.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
To answer the initial question, I leave it in quiet mode. I have what "Brian at Steeda" refers to as the "Ex Wife" resonator delete H pipe. :crackup: Between that and the factory active exhaust, I have all the sound I need. We have enough bad perception issues with law enforcement and general public. Why create more.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yup. Do it all the time. One of the few settings that is not grayed out when the car is in gear. It takes some practice while driving. Don't recommend it in heavy traffic as it does require a bit of distracted driving to look at the screen in order to select the correct sound mode.

I was just curious, as I remember it was a must be stop to change. Fixed that last year, dumped the AE, for Roush cat backs.

Long live loud and aggressive. :champagne:
Sponsored