Sponsored

Did anyone ever do a Perf Pack 2 vs 1LE test?

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Absolutely correct^...

But only if you plan on autocrossing, or tracking your Mustang GT Performance Power Pack 2, for extended lengths of time. Then aftermarket coolers will remedy your all day track woes...!

But do tell us...
How do you fix the Camaro SS 1LE's visibility woes..? Or fix the horrid interior and ergonomics..? Or the transformer inspired body styling..?

That is why Camaros are being heavily discounted, & statistically low on monthly sales. And Ford is having record amounts of ordered Mustangs.
It's not my problem. I'm just saying they did compromise.
So now the Mustang is excellent for DD use?
Is that what I wrote?
Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's my point. There are tons of responses on here flaming a dude for buying a 1LE with no real intent of tracking it, saying that it is pointless and overkill. Yet here comes the PP2 with even more track focused tires and it doesnt even have the equipment needed to track properly. It is laughable and I can't believe that anyone would defend it. Add aftermarket cooling? Seriously? That's the solution? How about they just add the right equipment to match the rest of the intent of the package. Weak sauce.
I've defended the PP2 only because Ford never had any intentions of putting coolers on it anyway. They stated that from the start. And just like those who think the SS 1LE is only good as a track car, the ones talking about the PP2's lack of coolers are never going to hit the track anyway. If they were planning to hit the track then they can spend a little more and get a car that is built for it. Like the 1LEs, Shelbys, or even some other performance cars out there. Or they can void their warranty and throw coolers on it and then remove the coolers and bring it in if something happens.

Both of these cars are extremely streetable. There is technology available that allows manufacturers to make vehicles that are track capable yet can be driven comfortably to work or shopping or wherever. Anyone who thinks different doesn't know much about these cars in the first place. Heck, people buy trucks and have no intentions of hauling, towing, mudding, or anything like that. I've seen people buy Raptors and Z51s and Wranglers and they never so much as touched a patch of dirt. Should they be flamed too? LOL!! Or even cars like the Z06 and Shelby. Most buyers are DDing those and have never hit the track. So let's just flame everyone.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This whole time I thought I was thoroughly enjoying driving my car to work, to the grocery store, across multiple states (without stopping), on back roads, in autocross and on road courses... but I guess it was all my imagination because some people think that’s implausible.

:beer:
No! You simply cannot enjoy it. There is absolutely no way you could because you cannot see out of it. I know this for a fact because I sat in one once for 20 seconds and screamed in horror as I jumped out because I was blind. I couldn't even see my hand. You're just defending your purchase. If you got out of the car for even 0.8 seconds then you'd never get in it again.

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
No! You simply cannot enjoy it. There is absolutely no way you could because you cannot see out of it. I know this for a fact because I sat in one once for 20 seconds and screamed in horror as I jumped out because I was blind. I couldn't even see my hand. You're just defending your purchase. If you got out of the car for even 0.8 seconds then you'd never get in it again.
Since driving a Camaro is like driving a car blind-folded... does that mean drivers of Camaro are superior drivers? I mean, with all the perfect visibility the Mustang has, it's Mustang driver's that are always hitting crowds of people.

I'm just going with deductive reasoning here.

P.S. I deleted that comment you have quoted because I'm done taking this thread serious.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Since driving a Camaro is like driving a car blind-folded... does that mean drivers of Camaro are superior drivers? I mean, with all the perfect visibility the Mustang has, it's Mustang driver's that are always hitting crowds of people.

I'm just going with deductive reasoning here.

P.S. I deleted that comment you have quoted because I'm done taking this thread serious.
Does that mean your done trying to sell camaros on a mustang forum? Or does it mean you just going to make cute troll replies. like the one I just quoted? We promise we'll take fast car fan boy back. if you'll all go back home. Sorry you dont like Mustang owners opinions of your car. But what did you expect?

Sponsored

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does that mean your done trying to sell camaros on a mustang forum? Or does it mean you just going to make cute troll replies. like the one I just quoted? We promise we'll take fast car fan boy back. if you'll all go back home. Sorry you dont like Mustang owners opinions of your car. But what did you expect?
Wasn’t this thread supposed to be about the PP2 vs. the SS 1LE performance, not another discussion on sales and personal preferences on car design?

No? Hmm...

Somehow I was under the impression it was. It would’ve been nice if the title indicated the discussion.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Wasn’t this thread supposed to be about the PP2 vs. the SS 1LE performance, not another discussion on sales and personal preferences on car design?

No? Hmm...

Somehow I was under the impression it was. It would’ve been nice if the title indicated the discussion.
Id say you would be new to the forum if you would think anyone here could keep on topic. Its so funny listening to fanbois on both sides defend how much "better" each car is to the "other side"

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette

No? Hmm...

What do you hope to gain from the tread then?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

No? Hmm...

So you want to separate out the one thing that the Camaro does slightly better and just talk about that rather than talking about the cars as a whole?

I understand.

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Yeah... there is a lot of butt hurt people, turning to sarcasm because they can't rebuttal the topic, or find anything logical to add.

These Camaro owners want to mock others, for themselves having bought a car with poor visibility. These same individuals have Mustang envy... knowing they could've bought something more desirable, but they didn't have enough money, so settled with the Camaro's inadequacies... and come here to tell others, that compromising their visibility isn't that big of an issue, because of the deal they got on their car.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Yeah... there is a lot of butt hurt people, turning to sarcasm because they can't rebuttal the topic, or find anything logical to add.

These Camaro owners want to mock others, for themselves having bought a car with poor visibility. These same individuals have Mustang envy... knowing they could've bought something more desirable, but they didn't have enough money, so settled with the Camaro's inadequacies... and come here to tell others, that compromising their visibility isn't that big of an issue, because of the deal they got on their car.
This would be an interesting theory were it not for the fact that at least until 2018 similarly equipped Camaros cost more than similarly equipped Mustangs on a car-for-car basis. The 2018 Mustang prices are pretty much on par now.

And ATP for Camaros tend to be significantly higher than for Mustangs. That part is not an as-equipped comparison, though. More a result of more Camaro buyers opting for higher trim than Mustang buyers, with the higher cost of Camaro stacked on top of that. The idea that Camaro buyers couldn’t afford to buy a Mustang doesn’t float.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
This would be an interesting theory were it not for the fact that at least until 2018 similarly equipped Camaros cost more than similarly equipped Mustangs on a car-for-car basis. The 2018 Mustang prices are pretty much on par now.

And ATP for Camaros tend to be significantly higher than for Mustangs. That part is not an as-equipped comparison, though. More a result of more Camaro buyers opting for higher trim than Mustang buyers, with the higher cost of Camaro stacked on top of that. The idea that Camaro buyers couldn’t afford to buy a Mustang doesn’t float.
Ahhh the magic ATP.:giggle:Make sure to report back to C6 martin when your done here. Tell em blue said hi.

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you want to separate out the one thing that the Camaro does slightly better and just talk about that rather than talking about the cars as a whole?

I understand.
Other forms are able. Hell, even the discussion on Camaro6 does.

What does this title mean to you:
"Did anyone ever do a Perf Pack 2 vs 1LE test?"
Sponsored