Sponsored

Bullitt vs 2SS 1LE?

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Where's your data?

The SS 1LE does 0-60 mph in 4.1/quarter 12.4@116 mph.

With 20 hp less than the untested Green Stang, the manual trans 18 Mustang GT runs 4.3/12.6@115 mph.

The movie car might equal the 1LE's acceleration with it's extra ponies. Maybe ...

So if you can stand the Camaro's limited outward visibility (I couldn't), and taking into account cost (SS 1LE: $44,995, Bulitt: $46,595), the decision becomes clearer.

Unless again, you have a thing for movie cars (I don't), green paint (I don't), paying more $$ (I don't), and Ford Mustangs (I most certainly do).

The GT/10 spd auto/PP2 would be a better comparison.
The GT is as fast as the SS. It's a fair assumption the Bullit will be slightly faster than both. Nothing crazy in stating that...
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
i love the way mustang guys are on a mustang forum and camaro guys are on the camaro forum haha. for those that are saying youll never feel a difference on the road, yet everyone says youll feel a difference between a 17 and a 18 with mag ride ... well its the same, i cross shopped a 1LE before i got my GT, and if they wouldve been any where close to the price i got my GT for a 2SS 1le wouldve been in the garage... hell even the 392 T/A wouldve been there.. I love the Mustang, but the 1LE is a special car that you can feel before you even get out of the neighborhood. If straight line is your thing. and your a pro driver on a prepped track then yeah the bullet will be faster stock for stock. Good luck finding a bullet for even MSRP though. ive seen 10k+ ADM's something you dont have to worry about on the Camaro. A friend took his 1LE and we swapped and went on a nice drive. from highway/city/and "canyon-mountain roads" and for a nice daily i think the GT has a edge, for a performance car, the 1LE is a much better car. You can feel it just driving to "wal-mart" IDK how to post up pictures on this forum but id post up our cars side by side.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I had to join up just to troll this thread :D. Not really, I like both the GT and SS. Neither car would be as good as it is if there was no compitition.

The 1LE in tour mode is surprisingly comfortable. Yes, it does tend to follow the road imperfections but it's easy to deal with. It's not too bad in the rain, leave all the nannies on and it keeps the rear end under control. Of course, this is also my toy car. If the weather is going to be bad it stays in the garage.. what I really don't understand is the people who buy a 'stang, camaro, or any other sports car as a daily driver someplace where you get bad weather. These aren't meant to be practical, everyday cars. I bought it to have fun, not haul lumber.
I don't daily drive any of my Mustangs either. I assume the OP means British Columbia by the BC in his profile. And I totally agree with you. That any type of pony car is totally impractical. The tires on a 1Le are terrifying in snow. I don't care how other people spend there money. If the OP wants a Camaro. I have no issues with that car personally. But when you are buying a daily driver. Chose wisely. If you can only afford one car. Or at the very least have a 4 wheel drive beater for the winter.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Where's your data?

The SS 1LE does 0-60 mph in 4.1/quarter 12.4@116 mph.

With 20 hp less than the untested Green Stang, the manual trans 18 Mustang GT runs 4.3/12.6@115 mph.

The movie car might equal the 1LE's acceleration with it's extra ponies. Maybe ...

So if you can stand the Camaro's limited outward visibility (I couldn't), and taking into account cost (1SS, not 2SS 1LE: $44,995, Bulitt: $46,595), the decision becomes clearer.

Unless again, you have a thing for movie cars (I don't), green paint (I don't), paying more $$ (I don't), and Ford Mustangs (I most certainly do).

The GT/10 spd auto/PP2 would be a better comparison.
My data is right here Chief... https://www.motortrend.com/cars/che...-ford-mustang-gt-performance-pack-comparison/

The 1LE runs a [email protected] and the mustang runs a [email protected]. Same driver, same magazine same day. Those two cars are as dead nuts even as it gets. Add another 15hp on top of that and the Bullitt is going to defiantly have the edge in acceleration. The 2018 mustang already pulls up top, adding another 15 hp is going to make it pull even more.

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
It's really fun to pull 1G up the cloverleaf when you get the chance. Nobody needs 400+ horsepower on the street, either.

Apparently per C6G you need huge amounts of torque just to be able to drive on the street as well. I think there are just a lot of bad drivers.
My data is right here Chief... https://www.motortrend.com/cars/che...-ford-mustang-gt-performance-pack-comparison/

The 1LE runs a [email protected] and the mustang runs a [email protected]. Same driver, same magazine same day. Those two cars are as dead nuts even as it gets. Add another 15hp on top of that and the Bullitt is going to defiantly have the edge in acceleration. The 2018 mustang already pulls up top, adding another 15 hp is going to make it pull even more.
Those times are fake motortrend was forced to create equal numbers or else they would be attacked by the Mustang owners and Ford.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Apparently per C6G you need huge amounts of torque just to be able to drive on the street as well. I think there are just a lot of bad drivers.

Those times are fake motortrend was forced to create equal numbers or else they would be attacked by the Mustang owners and Ford.
Indeed, funny how camaro fanboys like to quote the fastest 1LE times available instead of using numbers done on an actual head to head.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
i love the way mustang guys are on a mustang forum and camaro guys are on the camaro forum haha. for those that are saying you'll never feel a difference on the road, yet everyone says youll feel a difference between a 17 and a 18 with mag ride ... well its the same, i cross shopped a 1LE before i got my GT, and if they wouldve been any where close to the price i got my GT for a 2SS 1le would've been in the garage... A friend took his 1LE and we swapped and went on a nice drive. from highway/city/and "canyon-mountain roads" and for a nice daily i think the GT has a edge, for a performance car, the 1LE is a much better car. You can feel it just driving to "wal-mart" .
You could not have said it better.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Indeed, funny how camaro fanboys like to quote the fastest 1LE times available instead of using numbers done on an actual head to head.
Actually I don’t even know what times can or can not be used. One week magazine times can only be used and the Mustang fast lists are lies and full of “morons and retards” making up numbers and the next week magazine times are fake news and the fast lists are 100% real and accurate and it’s just retards lying about mods. It’s really hard to keep up with it.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Doesn't really matter what times they use. The guys that talk the most over there. Are the worse drivers. High 11 second ZL1s. I'm a roll racer man. Ohhh you are? Launching the car is the only hard part of racing in a straight line. So they just cut the launch out. Guys will avoid you at the track, And dudes that don't race at all bragging bout stock magazine times. Now the mustang is faster. They want to use another argument. All I know is none of them will ever be faster than me.

Last edited:

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Doesn't really matter what times they use. The guys that talk the most over there. Are the worse drivers. High 11 second ZL1s. I'm a roll racer man. Of you are. Launching the car is the only hard part of racing in a straight line. So they just cut the launch out. Guys will avoid you at the track, And dudes that don't race at all bragging bout stock magazine times. Now the mustang is faster. They want to use another argument. All I know is none of them will ever be faster than me.
Well yeah you are max effort and those ZL1 times are low effort. You would get smoked if the efforts were equal.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Well yeah you are max effort and those ZL1 times are low effort. You would get smoked if the efforts were equal.
Dude should get a 4banger and part throttle race. Could be king of the streets.:clap:

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
The GT is as fast as the SS. It's a fair assumption the Bullit will be slightly faster than both. Nothing crazy in stating that...
Testing proves the 10 spd auto is faster, the manual trans is slower. That was the whole point of my comment about the Bullitt maybe matching the SS with it's 20+ hp. Maybe, but not certainly.

... If straight line is your thing. and your a pro driver on a prepped track then yeah the bullet will be faster stock for stock ...
The proper spelling is "Bullitt". Secondly, if straight line is your thing then the manual trans only Bullitt could possibly match the SS stock for stock because of it's marginally extra hp. Possibly, but only possibly.

PP2 is manual only
Ouch. Forgot about that, thanks.

Then PP2 cars won't out accelerate a stock SS, and the Bullitt likely won't either.

The 1LE runs a [email protected] and the mustang runs a [email protected]. Same driver, same magazine same day. Those two cars are as dead nuts even as it gets ...
Close perhaps, but not "dead nuts" Young Brave. If you ever drag raced, 1/10 diff means one person won and one person lost. Also, these are modern times. "Same day" comparisons are no longer required with the advent of DA correction (DA = "Density Altitude"). C&D used it for decades, and their testing reveals the manual trans Stang is 3/10 slower than either the manual or auto SS.

Funny how some Mustang aficionados (thankfully only some) ignore testing that doesn't support their preformed notions.

I'm a Mustang guy through and through, but in acceleration the manual trans Stang got beat in the Head To Head and it got beat in C&D's testing.

It is what it is man.
Sponsored