13_FST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST
Hello everyone,

I'm almost certain that I'll be purchasing a 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE, but I'm also really intrigued about a 2019 Bullitt.

I'm familiar with the Ford brand and am a bit hesitant about Chevrolet.

Has anyone compared the Bullitt vs the 1LE?

In terms of performance, the Bullitt has a slight edge but the 1LE handles better. Bullitt seems to have way more features and I'll determine my mind once I've had some seat time in the Bullitt.

So which one would you choose? Any pros/cons?
Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Bullitt is going to be faster in a straight line and the 1LE is going to be faster/more capable around a track. Bullitt is going to be more unique and will likely retain it's value better.

Different strokes for different folks.

Are you looking to track the car on a regular basis?

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
If you have to ask get the Camaro. For Bullitt buyers there isn't a question.

OP
OP

13_FST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST
Bullitt is going to be faster in a straight line and the 1LE is going to be faster/more capable around a track. Bullitt is going to be more unique and will likely retain it's value better.

Different strokes for different folks.

Are you looking to track the car on a regular basis?
Never going to track the car. I just need a fun daily driver but I absolutely love the 1LE package.

Bullitt will likely have a higher resale value which is tempting as I keep cars for roughly 4 years.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Never going to track the car. I just need a fun daily driver but I absolutely love the 1LE package.

Bullitt will likely have a higher resale value which is tempting as I keep cars for roughly 4 years.
You'll be able to get the 1LE at a significant discount under MSRP...the Bullit you'll be lucky to get MSRP.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Why get a 1Le if your never going to track the car? Why not just get a 1SS? Save even more money.

OP
OP

13_FST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST
I simply love the 1LE package and what it entails: the wheels, the sueded steering wheel and shift knob, the handling...

It's not about the money or the savings as the 2SS 1LE is cheaper than the Bullitt.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I simply love the 1LE package and what it entails: the wheels, the sueded steering wheel and shift knob, the handling...

It's not about the money or the savings as the 2SS 1LE is cheaper than the Bullitt.
I’m sorry, but you’re not going to legally notice and difference in handling between those two cars on the street. As for the microfiber steering wheel, you couldn’t pay me to own one. You apparently haven’t seen what they look like after oil and dirt from your fingers and hands set in them.

To each their own, but buying the 1le and never taking it to the track is a complete waste imho.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I’m sorry, but you’re not going to legally notice and difference in handling between those two cars on the street. As for the microfiber steering wheel, you couldn’t pay me to own one. You apparently haven’t seen what they look like after oil and dirt from your fingers and hands set in them.

To each their own, but buying the 1le and never taking it to the track is a complete waste imho.
Uhhhh yeah what about those trips to Walmart though? I thought we went over this already :)

Sponsored

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
I’m sorry, but you’re not going to legally notice and difference in handling between those two cars on the street.

buying the 1le and never taking it to the track is a complete waste imho.
If that's the case, we should probably all be driving a Prius.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
If that's the case, we should probably all be driving a Prius.
If you can't tell the handling characteristics between a Prius and a Mustang on the road, I pity you.

You have obviously missed my point. The handling characteristics between a Bullitt and an SS 1LE are going to be very close on the road, especially for someone who have never ventured onto a road coarse.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

Ok 1Le it is. Good luck with it. End thread.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
If you can't tell the handling characteristics between a Prius and a Mustang on the road, I pity you.

road coarse.
Millhouse, I can tell difference I assure you. But you seem to want to be all Debbie Downer for anyone suggesting something they like or want. Your point takes away any reasoning to have a performance vehicle. Period. That or you're walking a thin line of trolling.

No need to pity me brother. I'm a confident man. A Man's Man some would say. Wink wink.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Millhouse, I can tell difference I assure you. But you seem to want to be all Debbie Downer for anyone suggesting something they like or want. Your point takes away any reasoning to have a performance vehicle. Period. That or you're walking a thin line of trolling.

No need to pity me brother. I'm a confident man. A Man's Man some would say. Wink wink.
You're the one that tried to make an analogy between the handling difference of a Mustang and Prius, not me.

My statements were completely based on the OPs decision to buy one of the most track capable camaros for street duty when you cannot use them safely on the streets at track levels. The OP is trying to rationalize which vehicle to buy; I'm providing valid input (unlike you). What was that about walking a thin line of trolling?
Sponsored