Sponsored

Bullitt vs 2SS 1LE?

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Testing proves the 10 spd auto is faster, the manual trans is slower. That was the whole point of my comment about the Bullitt maybe matching the SS with it's 20+ hp. Maybe, but not certainly.

The proper spelling is "Bullitt". Secondly, if straight line is your thing then the manual trans only Bullitt could possibly match the SS stock for stock because of it's marginally extra hp. Possibly, but only possibly.

Ouch. Forgot about that, thanks.

Then PP2 cars won't out accelerate a stock SS, and the Bullitt likely won't either.

Close perhaps, but not "dead nuts" Young Brave. If you ever drag raced, 1/10 diff means one person won and one person lost. Also, these are modern times. "Same day" comparisons are no longer required with the advent of DA correction (DA = "Density Altitude"). C&D used it for decades, and their testing reveals the manual trans Stang is 3/10 slower than either the manual or auto SS.

Funny how some Mustang aficionados (thankfully only some) ignore testing that doesn't support their preformed notions.

I'm a Mustang guy through and through, but in acceleration the manual trans Stang got beat in the Head To Head and it got beat in C&D's testing.

It is what it is man.

Wow, you really are obtuse. I’m curious, why did you choose to use ¼ mile times from a source that tested on different days instead of one that tested with the same driver, on the same day with the same DA on the same piece of asphalt with the same temperature? DA correction doesn’t account for timing pulled in modern cars nor does it account for traction differences with asphalt temperature differences. Magazines do very good for correction factors, but when you have two cars this close, use the best data that’s available…not the one that better suits your camaro fanboy agenda. Everyone here can see who you are.

As for the times…

The MPH is almost identical. A 0.1 second delta is a drivers race in every sense of the imagination. The only people that think the SS has any appreciable advantage here is….you guessed it, Camaro fanboys. I’ve been down the ¼ mile hundreds of times. 0.1 seconds can be caused by a shift in wind, a tiny amount of water on the track or taking a giant shit in between runs. The 1LE has a distinct traction advantage off the line, and the GT makes up for it on the back end of the track. On top of all of this, the mustang pulls harder up top…and has a higher top end. And you think the Bullitt is somehow going to only “catch up” to the 1LE when they are already even? Seriously, your fanboy idiocy is in full gear today isn’t it?

Oh yeah, the Bullitt is going to increase its top end by 8mph, widening the gap further on the top end over the 1LE.

This whole discussion reminds of the complete ignorance camaro fanboys had when the ÂĽ times were released for the MY18 mustang. The first low 12 second run was fake. The first 11 second run was fake. The only ÂĽ mile times that count are those that put the camaro ahead.

This isn’t a question if the Bullitt is going to be faster…that’s a done deal. It’s a question of how much faster.
Sponsored

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The Bullitt could have been the complete package if Ford hadn't decided to under tire it like the non-PP2 configurations.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
The Bullitt could have been the complete package if Ford hadn't decided to under tire it like the non-PP2 configurations.
The PS4s are a hell of a tire. It just needs wider wheels.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Other than the marketing aspect there isn't anything about the car "that special" for anymore money. I wouldn't spend an extra nickle on the car. Compare it to an '18 GT premium with the PP1 and you have some goofey badging and wheels from the 60s or 70s. For the extra $7k on the SS 1LE you have a track car.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Other than the marketing aspect there isn't anything about the car "that special" for anymore money. I wouldn't spend an extra nickle on the car. Compare it to an '18 GT premium with the PP1 and you have some goofey badging and wheels from the 60s or 70s. For the extra $7k on the SS 1LE you have a track car.
The Bullitt is a PP1 with more horsepower and a factory warranty (better intake, better throttle body, better tune). That "track car" is only with it's weight if you take it to the track. Otherwise, it's no better than the stock SS save for a few cosmetic differences. Extra power can be felt every time you step on the happy pedal.

Sponsored

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
The Bullitt is a PP1 with more horsepower and a factory warranty (better intake, better throttle body, better tune). That "track car" is only with it's weight if you take it to the track. Otherwise, it's no better than the stock SS save for a few cosmetic differences. Extra power can be felt every time you step on the happy pedal.
I wish GM offered packages like that for the LT1. I'd like to do some mild mods and a tune but I'd rather keep my warranty for now.

Does Ford deny warranties based on aftermarket tunes?

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I wish GM offered packages like that for the LT1. I'd like to do some mild mods and a tune but I'd rather keep my warranty for now.

Does Ford deny warranties based on aftermarket tunes?
I think most Camaro folk would love a horsepower option.

Ford can deny based on aftermarket tunes, although the Ford racing performance pack tunes retains a limited 3 year/36k mile warranty. Quite honestly though, warranty issues with the 15-17 coyote and tunes are a rarity....they seem to be a very safe investment. I have heard of a few people that had issues that were warrantied however, so it greatly depends on your relationship with your dealer.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Extra power can be felt every time you step on the happy pedal.
For $7k I would bolt on a Roush SC and then I would really have a happy pedal. 20 horses ain't very much 'happy'.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
For $7k I would bolt on a Roush SC and then I would really have a happy pedal. 20 horses ain't very much 'happy'.
The Bullitt comes with the digital instrument cluster, leather seats, premium audio, PP1 package (kind of), active exhaust etc. The price really isn't bad even if it didn't come with the extra 20 ponies. And it's also available in shadow black for those that aren't keen on the green.

White_GT_CS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
What exactly do you mean by bad decision?

Anything I'm missing?
It's not a bad decision per se, but it depends upon what you actually want out of the car.

Camaro has a lot of things going right for it: handling, torque, transmission, Heads-Up Display, etc.

But, there are major things wrong with the vehicle as well: sightlines, comically-shaped transformers style looks, storage capacity (lack thereof), next-to-pointless car seats, small trunk and super small opening, etc.

Not to mention that the 1LE tires are overkill for the road given that you won't be tracking it.

A Bullitt would not only be a nicer to drive on a daily basis, but it has many great features that make it a better drive. Moreover, it also has more power and will handle nearly as well on the road.

Hope this helps!

Sponsored

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
If the weather is going to be bad it stays in the garage.. what I really don't understand is the people who buy a 'stang, camaro, or any other sports car as a daily driver someplace where you get bad weather. These aren't meant to be practical, everyday cars. I bought it to have fun, not haul lumber.
I had a few garage queens back in the day. Promised myself no more, going to actually drive the car I want. Garage queens always find a way to stay in the garage.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I say Mustang Bullitt...!

Because wtf is a 1Le, or 2ss..? Chevy has to come up with a better designation scheme for their Camaros. 1LS, 1LT, 2LT, 1SS, 2SS, ZL1... ?

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I say Mustang Bullitt...!

Because wtf is a 1Le, or 2ss..? Chevy has to come up with a better designation scheme for their Camaros. 1LS, 1LT, 2LT, 1SS, 2SS, ZL1... ?
How original.....

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
If you're going to do HPDE with your daily driver, then the 1LE is going to be better off due to it's cooling setup and better transmission. If you want better visibility and marginally better 1/4 mile performance, then the bullit is the winner.
Sponsored