Daily Driver Mods

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Stereo enhancements and a custom E85 Flex Fuel tune woukd make for some really nice DD mods.
Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
stop the hop kit from steeda or something similar. ive read some problems with the rear shock mounts, personally they made a good difference on my car and have not had issues with them. and jacking rails are my choices for better daily driver. catch can for piece of mind maybe .

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
I can't think of any mod in the suspension that would make your ride more comfortable. My suggestion would be don't touch anything mechanical and focus your attention to the interior. Maybe upgrade to higher quality leather seats and higher quality leather steering wheel (the touch points). and Maybe do some sound deadening on the inside, but don't go too crazy, because you'll be adding a lot of weight with that stuff. And if you don't like your wheel designs, go aftermarket but be conscious of the wheel weights. Lighter than stock wheels is obviously prefferd.

js19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I’m with everyone else on sound deadening. I found that the stock gt has horrrrrrrible drone at highway speeds. You can fix the drone with a high quality exhaust and/or deadening.

I didn’t do any deadening, but switching from stock exhaust to borla s-type catback reduced drone by 50% id say.

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
No drone at all with AE on my cs. Seats are the best on the gt with mico insert and heat/cool. My upgrades have been simple. Ceramic coat. Splash guards from jaeger bros. Garmin mini2 dash cam. Cup holder cover from 5 spurs. The cs gets a lot of attention as is so I feel no need to change it. Same with the 5.0/a10. As a grand tourer is perfect imo. As a looks car I’d not hesitate to put it in a car show or c and c. Ride quality is excellent.

Sponsored

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
How about the door insert cups or a nice phone holder. I learned that there wasn't a decent spot to put your phone in the car.
I was thinking of those too. But I use Waze heavily, dont want a cable over my lap, hence dropped the idea. But GF could use one.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
In no particular order:

Bigger brakes. I upgraded bate GT brakes with the Ford Performance kit, which you can get relatively cheap. That reminds me...I need to sell my take-offs.

Dash cam front and rear, hardwired for the parking monitor.

Some sort of tool to clean the glass - one of those triangular pad things on a stick.

Drop the suitcase and go with an H or X pipe.

Better high-flow air filter. The stock box is great, so no need to upgrade.

Ceramic coating.

New piston arms for the trunk that open the lid when popped.

Hood struts - ditch the stupid rod.

LED light kit in the color of your choice.

One of those oil filter drain funnels that someone on this forum makes, forget the name now. Makes for a cleaner oil filter change.

Ronin or other quality oil drain plug to avoid the 10 gallon gusher when chaning oil.

A 5 gallon bucket for oil changes.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
My favorite mod for just driving around on the streets is sound deadening. I've done it on the last few cars I owned because it makes such a huge difference. Our cars are definitely built on a budget, but having less road noise makes them feel a lot more luxurious.
It is part budget, and part keeping the weight down, fatmat and the like are not light.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
If that's the case.. do nothing. Just drive it.
This right here.

You‘ve had the car two weeks so you know little to nothing about it’s strengths and more importantly, any weaknesses it might have. So help me understand why you would feel compelled to start changing things willy-nilly with no thought or knowledge of what might be needed.

I’m reminded of an interaction I personally witnessed at a tattoo parlor years ago. A young person wandered in and announced that he would like to get a tattoo. The artist asked what he had in mind and the kid responded that he had no idea; he just wanted a tat and asked to look through the photo book to see what he might like.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Gr8One1998

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS
You‘ve had the car two weeks so you know little to nothing about it’s strengths and more importantly, any weaknesses it might have. So help me understand why you would feel compelled to start changing things willy-nilly with no thought or knowledge of what might be needed.
Exactly the reason I posed the question to this forum to get feedback from those who have had this car for more than 2 weeks. Or is there a specific length of ownership I'm required to have before I am allowed to ask questions about mods other owners have done?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It is part budget, and part keeping the weight down, fatmat and the like are not light.
Many brands of sound deadening are very expensive for what they are, and that kept me from doing the mod for many years. Then I tried the brand Noico. Very inexpensive and works great.

Yes sound deadening does add some weight, but not enough to make a noticeable difference. I know when I added sound deadening to my Z06 it was huge. The stereo sounded so much better. And even in a super light car like that - weighing ~700 lbs less than a Mustang - I couldn't tell any difference in weight.

I take my cars to the road course, but I'm not driving for money or prizes, so if it takes me another tenth of a second to make a lap, no one will notice.

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
Exactly the reason I posed the question to this forum to get feedback from those who have had this car for more than 2 weeks. Or is there a specific length of ownership I'm required to have before I am allowed to ask questions about mods other owners have done?
Thing is mods
Some mods are simply not worth the money. As an example I bought the trunk pop kit and all it did was make the trunk harder to close and after having it a couple months the trunk stopped popping open. I was guided by steeda as to which to order for the cs spoiler and still no good.

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Install jacking rails at a minimum. Plus, there are a few products from BMR and/or Steeda that will stiffen the chassis and front and especially the rear independent suspension system. "Stiffen the chassis" does not make the ride stiffer/harsher, a common misconception, it simply makes the handling a bit more crisper. They are all easy to install as they mount to existing threaded holes in the front/rear subframe chassis. Some of the components are a good idea because there is no full chassis, like on my C7 Corvette, just front and rear sub frames like on my former 1969 Camaro Z28.