marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely, Kevin may use them as he pleases. I shoot for fun and if Kevin can use them to further his efforts, by all means, yes.

Crazy thing is I bought a start button from Kevin when I got the crown for the DCT knob and I can't find it. Otherwise, it would be in place.
Thing is, Kevin can't always use mine because I sometimes have aftermarket accessories/trim that show up in my photos and he doesn't want customers asking for those items that he cannot offer. Which start button did you purchase that you misplaced?
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Any chance of making these in the other colors you have for the shift ring?
I had been wondering the same, and trying to picture apple green ...

I believe Kevin can to this since he makes other covers in various colors. I will check and get back to you.
Yes, please keep us updated :like:

Flitting between the sites, I did notice this on the starter buttons which got my hopes up :

1673426564500.png

1673427402624.png

It's a simple process, but the feasibility would come down to numbers. Most anodize in batches, and a 1 off would cost a lot more money.
Yeah I've come up against this with other car and cycle projects :frown:

I had been considering buying 'natural' and going down this route.

We have two places reasonably local that I have used, one does really nice work, for cash, is well priced, but only does black, red, blue and gold (with no variations on the shades). Some of the Steeda kit I had done :

1673426973191.jpeg

The other also does good work and has a full range of colours and shades, but they are double the money which makes it cost prohibitive for small batches :frown:

Note that this mod wouldn't have even been on my radar if I hadn't have seen / touched your dial, thanks for that ... :facepalm: :giggle:

WD :like:

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Note that this mod wouldn't have even been on my radar if I hadn't have seen / touched your dial, thanks for that ... :facepalm: :giggle:

@WD Pro @Tomster let you touch his dial.....:shock: and Tomster accused me of crossing sides.....:giggle:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I was wondering if someone would pick me up for that, I thought better of calling it a shift knob ... :cwl:

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I was wondering if someone would pick me up for that, I thought better of calling it a shift knob ... :cwl:

Shift knob would have been much better... Tomster probably would let you touch that also.....

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Shift knob would have been much better... Tomster probably would let you touch that also.....
How come every time we talk, you always tell me how busy you are at work? Must be a slow week, lol

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Intrigued by the switch covers, as I like the idea of the leather inserts. Are they sturdy when in place, as if they're not an add-on?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Intrigued by the switch covers, as I like the idea of the leather inserts. Are they sturdy when in place, as if they're not an add-on?
Absolutely, and a nice touch for your GT.

OF5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP
The billet toggle cover has 3M tape on the surface that touches the top of the plastic switch. The leather wraps over the billet toggle cover and adheres to the bottom of the plastic switch with 3M tape. It’s not going anywhere.

OP
OP
marklboris

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
As others have said above, yes they are sturdy and will not be falling off. The fact they make those switches thicker and covered with leather give it a great feel. You can also get the leather in different colors.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Which start button did you purchase that you misplaced?
I had to find a photo of it that I took when I got it back at the end of 2020.

zIMG_0084-X2.jpg

Funny thing is I put it somewhere so it wouldn't get lost.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase

zIMG_0084-X2.jpg

I have done that...safe place...somewhere you cant find it.

OP
OP
marklboris

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

zIMG_0084-X2.jpg

I may have one of those laying around. Cannot remember if it was red or black. I'll take a look when I get home next week and let you know.

OP
OP
marklboris

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Any chance of making these in the other colors you have for the shift ring? Personally I think the black makes the panel look to bland.
Hey Brian, talked to Kevin and yes, he will be offering them in a few colors. Probably ones that are already offered for the gear selector covers. He is in the middle of completely changing his website and a few other large projects and is going to add colors to the drop down option on the radio dial covers soon. You will have no problem getting a red one in the future. No time yet but it will happen. I will keep you informed.
Sponsored

Last edited: