Sponsored

OBD / Custom Guages on LCD

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I see the screen, yes. But if you go through the link, there was mention of some GM specific hardware. It would have been nice if the guy that posted at 6G actually explained what it took him to get it done.
Sponsored

OP
OP
V00D00

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I see the screen, yes. But if you go through the link, there was mention of some GM specific hardware. It would have been nice if the guy that posted at 6G actually explained what it took him to get it done.
I agree, thats the same pic, and pretty sure same name i saw on FB posting it.
I asked in the thread, and nownwith a name to match, i will search FB again. As well as all it takes to find out, is someone with a BT ELM ObD, and an android, is o buy the app and try. Im away from the car for another 2 weeks or i would have done it already

ChadPowell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
It will work on any Android Auto capable unit.
20200304_140618.jpg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
But...you have to be able to run Android Auto. That's great for the Android crowd but not so much for the Snapple folks. I should take delivery of my iOS-happy OBD reader in a few days so if someone else doesn't report on this before, I'll test the Apple version of Dash Command and see what happens.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
OP
OP
V00D00

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
But...you have to be able to run Android Auto. That's great for the Android crowd but not so much for the Snapple folks. I should take delivery of my iOS-happy OBD reader in a few days so if someone else doesn't report on this before, I'll test the Apple version of Dash Command and see what happens.

And yet another reason Iphones are all hype and no substance lolololol

OP
OP
V00D00

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Well that sux, Steve. Still the radiator or something new?
New. Radiator swap.is done and car is back at my buddys place. Todays schedulenis baseline dynos for accuracy on this dyno, then pulling supercharger for porting, new wheels, and shes done

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
In that case, I'm glad you're nearing the end of the journey and will be able to enjoy her.
My guess is Steve will continue to extract more from his car. I won't lie, I am living vicariously through him haha.

Sponsored
OP
OP
V00D00

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
In that case, I'm glad you're nearing the end of the journey and will be able to enjoy her.
My guess is Steve will continue to extract more from his car. I won't lie, I am living vicariously through him haha.
No, im pretty much done after this. Not much more to do for relativley inexpensive or without major concessions.
I figure ill be roughly 800hp on 93 and 925-950 on E, plenty fast enough, reliable enough, no compromises. Not going to gokart brakes and 15" wheels, or stripping interior never to see the road.

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
It will work on any Android Auto capable unit.
20200304_140618.jpg
I'm thinking of buying the Torque or Autometer Dashlink 2, but would like to get some input from someone with real world experience with these.
I am not very computer and smartphone savvy.

My main concern is how much of a PITA is it to get the gauges on the touchscreen when you start the car.
Say I'm on a road trip with my gauges on the touchscreen, then I stop for fuel...
When I start the car again, will the gauges come right back up on the touchscreen...Or is there a "process" to go through every time you start the car for the gauges to come up?

Can I use my phone while the gauges are up on the screen, or would I be better off with a dedicated smartphone just to run the app for the gauges?

I've got a couple of apps on my phone that I need to sign in with my email and password and some other bull***t every time I want to use it.
I'm not patient enough to deal with a long process to make it work.
I apologize if these are dumb questions or concerns....like I said at the top of this post, I'm not very savvy (or patient) with this type of thing.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can chime in to help me with my decision.
Sponsored