• Total voters

Ablaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2020 TO CFTP, 2013 SBY Boss 302
I wouldn't have found the cracks any time soon without this thread, so thanks. Mine are barely hairline cracks but I'm submitting it to Ford anyway. I've also adjusted my stops and like Tom said I'm able to just push down on the hood carefully to close it, no dropping required.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I wouldn't have found the cracks any time soon without this thread, so thanks. Mine are barely hairline cracks but I'm submitting it to Ford anyway. I've also adjusted my stops and like Tom said I'm able to just push down on the hood carefully to close it, no dropping required.
Hate to hear you have cracks, but better to discover it now than much later.
You need to vote in the pole and add to the list????

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
I talked to my dealer today. Ford has not sent out any service notices yet.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I talked to my dealer today. Ford has not sent out any service notices yet.
Did you have your dealer enter your problem in OASIS?

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
Did you have your dealer enter your problem in OASIS?
I only gave him picts off my phone to give him a heads up. He had not heard about it since I am his only sale. Both recalls and this will have to wait for Spring. The car is literally in cold storage, the attached basement garage usually runs 50 deg in winter, with no added heat, is 35 deg now.
We had 5 days that the temp never got above 0 and 11 days below 10 deg.
But, we're used to this crap, poor folks down South got horribly blind-sided by it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I only gave him picts off my phone to give him a heads up. He had not heard about it since I am his only sale. Both recalls and this will have to wait for Spring. The car is literally in cold storage, the attached basement garage usually runs 50 deg in winter, with no added heat, is 35 deg now.
We had 5 days that the temp never got above 0 and 11 days below 10 deg.
But, we're used to this crap, poor folks down South got horribly blind-sided by it.
We knew it was coming but that did not stop 3.5 days below freezing crippling the 4th largest city in the US. Had no power for 48 hours and still have no water going on day 4 now. Unacceptable when it's sounding like lack of proper preparation is the cause of both or at least significantly contributed to the extended lack of water and power. We are good though. Mothballed cold weather camping supplies and minimal prep is getting us through it.

Needless to say, my hood is still sitting at the body shop.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Coal fired power generation vs frozen wind turbines. Green energy FTL.

MSM working OT to debunk reality...

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
Coal fired power generation vs frozen wind turbines. Green energy FTL.

MSM working OT to debunk reality...
Iowa has the highest per capita amount of wind power in US and it runs in all winter conditions.
(Third, behind TX & OK in actual numbers)
Texas just cheaped out on their installations and did not winterize them. Done right, the tech works. As HK implied, big business & politics dropped the ball.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Done wrong, and these were, the tech fails. Miserably.

WSJ said:
Texas’s overreliance on wind power that has left the grid more vulnerable to bad weather. Half of wind turbines froze last week, causing wind’s share of electricity to plunge to 8% from 42%. Power prices in the wholesale market spiked, and grid regulators on Friday warned of rolling blackouts. Natural gas and coal generators ramped up to cover the supply gap but couldn’t meet the surging demand for electricity—which half of households rely on for heating—even as many families powered up their gas furnaces.
And that ain't half the issue. The future awaits your power generation choice.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...be-recycled-so-they-re-piling-up-in-landfills

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
From us south Texans, thanks for the juice, Mel.

You know you're in good hands when one of our illustrious Congresspersons was quoted as saying that Texas is paying the price for not supporting the GND. Now THAT is competence.

(NOT)

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Western Iowa is having rolling blackouts to send extra power to the Texas grid (wind generated).
Ain't we nice guys?
Got any links that show that Western Iowa is suffering rolling blackouts in order to send extra power to the Texas grid? All I can find, and there quite a few, are links stating numerous energy providers are using rolling blackouts to reduce usage due to excessive demand with the fear of overloading the system (in Iowa and in other states).

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
Got any links that show that Western Iowa is suffering rolling blackouts in order to send extra power to the Texas grid? All I can find, and there quite a few, are links stating numerous energy providers are using rolling blackouts to reduce usage due to excessive demand with the fear of overloading the system (in Iowa and in other states).
The Governor requested a reduction in usage to prevent blackouts and support the grid.
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...ld-weather-power-issues-blackouts/6784946002/
We have a program where people and businesses sign up for load shedding in exchange for cheaper rates. Typically in the heat of summer they get a notice beforehand, then a "smart- meter" shuts off power for a arranged time. Only actual equipment failures cause blackouts.

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I have been told by a friend in the area that SW Minnesota is seeing some minor rolling blackouts as well due to the same situation. Something is up, the current weather is nothing new for us and doesn't cause power issues unless there's a severe blizzard with heavy, wet snow.

Since I live in the same forsaken tundra, I have a generator and transfer panel. Homie don't play the no power game in the MN winter.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Not to completely derail this thread, but....
First, I doubt Iowa is providing anything to TX. We have our own power grid with no interstate connections; and that’s the core problem.
Second, a few facts for you: https://www.expressnews.com/opinion...ontent=headlines&sid=5936d5453f92a45314fc9ffb

Our problem is that Natural Gas failed us. Not renewables. Here in San Antonio, CPS Energy is owned by the city and would have worked just fine. However, ERCOT required CPS to give up nearly 20% of our power to those further north that didn’t have enough power. So we experienced rolling blackouts to support private companies up north that operate on the cheap.
Once they brought the South Texas Project (nuc plant), back to full power, we now have water and power back on and power to spare to those others in need.

I’m sure this will become a political mess, and the required technical solutions will be slowed to a crawl.
Sponsored