cprime

cprime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caelan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
The way they handled the situation definitely leaves something to be desired, however the exhaust install is most likely the cause of the active failure by not cutting back the remaining section enough. This pushes the location of the active solenoids back into the pinch weld. Without bending the rear pinch weld away from the actuator, or trimming the leads going into the X pipe, those wires will wear through again.
Yes it most likely is the cause. I was prepared to pay for a new wire harness if it was necessary because I was aware of this issue from resonator deletes. I wasn’t positive it needed to be replaced when I brought it in and was happy at first when the service manager claimed they fixed the active exhaust issue by resetting the system and clearing the code. I’ve already ordered the wire and will be replacing it myself
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Yes it most likely is the cause. I was prepared to pay for a new wire harness if it was necessary because I was aware of this issue from resonator deletes. I wasn’t positive it needed to be replaced when I brought it in and was happy at first when the service manager claimed they fixed the active exhaust issue by resetting the system and clearing the code. I’ve already ordered the wire and will be replacing it myself
Might I suggest not replacing the wire by yourself as it could have future warranty implications.

I know you had a bad service experience, it happens to all of us at one time of another. But thIs is going to stick to you until you feel you have been vindicated. I would strongly suggest setting up a meeting with Tom, Steve, & Michael. Maybe even get your installer involved. I have found these meetings to be extremely helpful in the past. But only you can decide if it is worth your time and effort.

And by the way, before folks start bashing other dealers named Chapman it might be a good idea to see if there is any relationship with the Horsham location. I know the one in Central NJ is not.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
It’s a little long, but worth the read.
Worth it? No.

OP is in the wrong for posting negative comments on the dealer before contacting dealer to let them make it right.

IMHO.

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
The only mods I'm going to do to my '22 will be painting the calipers and installing black lugs. I don't get modding a new car's mechanics, and this thread made sure I won't ever consider it.

Hope this gets worked out for the OP.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Might I suggest not replacing the wire by yourself as it could have future warranty implications.

I know you had a bad service experience, it happens to all of us at one time of another. But thIs is going to stick to you until you feel you have been vindicated. I would strongly suggest setting up a meeting with Tom, Steve, & Michael. Maybe even get your installer involved. I have found these meetings to be extremely helpful in the past. But only you can decide if it is worth your time and effort.

And by the way, before folks start bashing other dealers named Chapman it might be a good idea to see if there is any relationship with the Horsham location. I know the one in Central NJ is not.
I cannot imagine a service department somehow relating a common aftermarket exhaust modification as a basis to reject what appears to be an unfortunately common assembly defect with door/fender alignments. From the photos, that little scrape on the pinchweld does not seem commensurate with the degree of panel misalignment indicated in the photos.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
cprime

cprime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caelan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Worth it? No.

OP is in the wrong for posting negative comments on the dealer before contacting dealer to let them make it right.

IMHO.
I appreciate your input. I left my opinion out of it so people could just read the facts of what happened, so if it sounds negative, that’s probably because it was a bad experience. The issues I have are with the service side of the dealership who was given an opportunity to perform warranty work, they lied, and now i’m giving my feedback. The sales side of the dealership was awesome and I welcome any opportunity to resolve the situation, but my review of the service department stands.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Very true. It’s unfortunate considering most will deal with the sales side for maybe a couple days, but will deal with the service side for as long as they have the car
This is exactly the boat I'm in. I ordered a Bronco Wildtrak through Chapman. The sales experience has been good, so far, but obviously, there are issues on Ford's side regarding order fulfillment. Once I receive and drive the car back to South Carolina, I'll never deal with Chapman again, other than perhaps a future order. Unfortunately, my local dealers in Charleston are pretty awful, as well, so I'm really, really hoping for no warranty work.

I hope you're able to get everything sorted. This is one of the many reasons why dealerships have terrible reputations. I was just telling a coworker, who believes that the dealer is the RIGHT place to have any work done on her vehicle (and it's a Hendrick dealership, no less) about all the dealer techs that put 8 quarts of oil where 10 should be, or use 5W-20 where 5W-50 should be, or don't torque oil filter cartridge covers, or damage vehicles, etc, etc, etc.

Not the first dealer with an awesome sales department, only to be ruined by clowns in service.
Ahem, Jones Ford, North Charleston, SC.

JR

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
The service department does what I tell them to do. Every business absolutely needs to make a single person responsible and empowered to make any and all customer/business related decisions as immediately as possible with the complete and absolute authority to do so. This allows for a contiguous customer experience that always places the the “big picture” in front of any decisions as opposed to any other economic/departmental consideration.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I'd go to Garnet, Robins, Murphy, Springfield (my preferred dealer) or Pacifico Marple before I ever went to Chapman.

Chapman and Fred Beans are both on my Shit list for dealers I never to deal with again.

Sponsored

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
OT: Wonder if its the same Chapman chain?

Bought from the Scottsdale Chapman. Since order was Z plan with no trade, dealers could not undercut others to get a sale. Went with Chapman because they offered more "perks" than other dealers to make the sale including guaranteed loaner/rental any time in shop.

Fortunately never needed one. But when the battery died in first year, with some negotiating, they did give me a replacement battery to install myself based on promise to bring in original and pics of my odometer with battery paperwork in frame. Ford policy required the car to be brought in which would mean a long tow starting in a garage with curved driveway. Was NOT willing to jump and drive and hope it never died on the way.
I had good luck with them for speedy oil changes and whatever. Until that one time they messed up my car so bad I got rid of it. They absolutely refused to stand by their work or remedy the situation.

StangersInTheNight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
My own experience with service for these cars shows that many dealers have no knowledge of Shelbys. I have the Ford maintenance plan and scheduled an oil change for my 350R, sat there an hour and they came back and said they didn't have a filter for it, and it would be 6 months before they could get one. I left and called another dealer to see if they had the filter. I could hear the guy flipping pages, and he finally asked, "GT350, that's a 3.5 liter, right?". Jeeze.

Abyss512

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taggart
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp1
Worth it? No.

IMHO.
The service manager lied so they wouldn’t have to do the work, and didn’t even fix the problem they said they fixed the first time. No one should trust that dealership unless there is some serious restructuring on the service side.

OP
OP
cprime

cprime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caelan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Update:
Decided to go back to Chapman once I noticed that my car was leaking water into the driver side floor. Spoke with the GM Steve and showed him the issue. I also explained to him the entire situation that happened with the service department regarding the fender alignment issue. This was last Saturday and he told me that he would reach out on Monday once he looked into it. Well I never heard back from him and I decided to email him this morning for an answer. This was his response:

“I spoke with my service Manager Mike Minniti. Unfortunately, once we see any kind of aftermarket deletes or options installed, we cannot move forward with any repair of the vehicle, as we cannot make any false claims to Ford Motor Company. If another Ford service is willing to do that, then allow them to do the work for you. Regarding the water leak, you can make an appointment and bring it in at any Ford service department and see what the issue is. Again, if it seemed to be easier and more convenient to go with Fred beans to do so, then we completely understand. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact Mike Minniti at the number he provided you, as he is more knowledgeable in how to make a warranty claim on a service vehicle and answer questions regarding Ford warranty claims and aftermarket options/parts installed.”

So my aftermarket resonator delete voids my warranty for a misaligned fender from the factory?
Sponsored