Sponsored

Experience with your Ford dealer Service Department?

wa9njm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6MT PP1, 2018 Kawasaki z900rs
I just picked up my 2016 GT from the dealer service department today. The powertrain warranty is nearly up (57k miles on it right now) and had a strange click/ting noise happening every time I loaded or unloaded the drivetrain. I demonstrated the noise for them when I dropped it off. Took them a day to find the issue and another two days to fix it. They replaced the entire driveshaft assembly. Had a free loaner the whole time. Was a pretty painless process all the way around. Honestly expected to get jerked around a little bit since the warranty was so close to expiring. My only complaint was the loaner itself. 2021 Ecosport. Nothing that slow should be allowed to have 'sport' in it's name.
Sponsored

Torch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My experience with Ford dealerships is why my Mustang is most likely my last Ford.

I've been lied to. I've experienced ridiculous laziness and incompetence. Unless one of the mechanics I use regularly now says "Man, it's gotta go to the dealership", Ford will never get another dime for service or car purchases.

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
My experience with Ford dealerships is why my Mustang is most likely my last Ford.

I've been lied to. I've experienced ridiculous laziness and incompetence. Unless one of the mechanics I use regularly now says "Man, it's gotta go to the dealership", Ford will never get another dime for service or car purchases.
I know how you feel. I've gotten this treatment from FCA with my RAM, the Ford dealerships with my Mustang, and HONDA, yes, Honda, with the lemon of a civic my ex had. Beginning to think it's the entire automotive industry that's rotten. I'm almost convinced that I'm just going to buy pre-2010 used vehicles I'm able to work on from here on out because every brand for about 15 years people tell me to try has had abysmal service and customer care.

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
You guys need to change your perspective. If you go into the dealership expecting the experience to be shit, you're never surprised when the experience is shit.

Fortunately, I'm spoiled here in Houston as our dealerships see lots of modified cars. The dealership closest to me actually sells race parts right out of their parts dept. I've had decent, not abysmal experience with dealerships around here.

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Those places are few and far between here in Colorado. For reference, the Ford dealership cross threaded the oil drain plug on my Mustang. Then they blamed it on me when I called them with what I found, which included bits of thread about half a sneeze away from breaking off inside the pan. They claimed I cross threaded it when I removed the plug. I told them that's about as possible as driving to the center of the Earth. A different dealer let me drive away on a broken strut and tie rod end after I brought it in and told them exactly what was broken because I looked right at both with my own eyes and saw the clunking sounds were a broken strut and tie rod end. They said nothing was broken and I took it to a different dealer who fixed it. I should have had it towed because it was flat out a danger to drive. The Honda dealer let my ex drive away with loose shift linkage after replacing the neutral safety switch on her Civic. She called me from her work saying the car wouldn't go into park. Had it towed back to the dealership where they denied they did anything wrong and said it was a new issue. The RAM I have has been no different than these experiences either and I have stories about it. So sorry, but I don't think my perspective is off based on experiences I've had at, at least five dealerships over the last decade or so.

Sponsored

Torch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You guys need to change your perspective. If you go into the dealership expecting the experience to be shit, you're never surprised when the experience is shit.

Fortunately, I'm spoiled here in Houston as our dealerships see lots of modified cars. The dealership closest to me actually sells race parts right out of their parts dept. I've had decent, not abysmal experience with dealerships around here.
Maaaan Rinzler,

Count your blessings. I'm in Maryland. For my Navigator, a ford dealership quoted me over $4000, for a $1,200 job. I had one tell me I needed camber plates to align my mustang and the car only had a 1 inch drop on it. I had another dealership tell me my aftermarket wheels caused my traction control to go crazy and then tried to sell me OEM wheels, only to find out my wheel hub needed replacing. Three different Ford dealerships, 3 crappy experiences for me and I usually trust professionals and I rarely complain about pricing but these dealerships out here have lost it.

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
Exactly...
Keep your expectations low and you're never disappointed.

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Maaaan Rinzler,

Count your blessings. I'm in Maryland. For my Navigator, a ford dealership quoted me over $4000, for a $1,200 job. I had one tell me I needed camber plates to align my mustang and the car only had a 1 inch drop on it. I had another dealership tell me my aftermarket wheels caused my traction control to go crazy and then tried to sell me OEM wheels, only to find out my wheel hub needed replacing. Three different Ford dealerships, 3 crappy experiences for me and I usually trust professionals and I rarely complain about pricing but these dealerships out here have lost it.
Oof. Time to buy the Haynes manual...

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
my Ford dealer is just a waste of time. Most of the staff should be plowing fields by hand. That way they will cause minimal frustration to others.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
My experience was good. They even made a video explaining what they did. They used the correct oil and filter, and filled her up with 10 quarts. I even had a placard that says "do not wash" because I don't' want them to, and they didn't. Of course we'll see in 6 months, turnover at places like that are so high that there's no guarantee of consistent good experiences.

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
Exactly...
Keep your expectations low and you're never disappointed.
Until they find out about this attitude and next time you're about to get back your car from service you're being sent to the junkyard.

Ok honestly I haven't had any bad experience so far. I heard about the video feature which gives a good feeling about what is worked on.

dps

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition; 2021 GTS 4.0
As a F shareowner and GT350 owner, these horror stories are frustrating and drive me crazy. This is where the real money and relationships are made for the long-term. One bad experience can turn a customer to another brand/shop for decades.

For the Ford folks on this forum, please help "our" company do better. These "stang" owners are like money in the bank if you serve them well.

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
Until they find out about this attitude and next time you're about to get back your car from service you're being sent to the junkyard.

Ok honestly I haven't had any bad experience so far. I heard about the video feature which gives a good feeling about what is worked on.
😁 I hear that!
I had a bad experience at the local dealer about 25 years ago with a transmission "rebuild", so haven't been back for sales or service. Fortunately, I haven't needed any warranty work done since.

The video idea is a good one....

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
My experience was good. They even made a video explaining what they did. They used the correct oil and filter, and filled her up with 10 quarts. I even had a placard that says "do not wash" because I don't' want them to, and they didn't. Of course we'll see in 6 months, turnover at places like that are so high that there's no guarantee of consistent good experiences.
Which dealership in Utah did you use?
Sponsored