Sponsored

Experience with your Ford dealer Service Department?

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Wife has a Toyota Rav4. 1st service and receive a link to video of entire service and road test. Impressive Customer Service.
Dealers good and bad, but when they are bad, sugar generally works document everything. It's worth the hassle in the end.

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500; 2021 Mach-e GT Performance
Raceway Ford in Riverside CA (across the 215 from where the dearly departed Riverside International Raceway was...) Excellent service on both my Mustang GT and Flex Limited

Last edited:

Wsvi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
my 19 has been at the dealer since Dec. 16th and will probably be there another month at least.

Sponsored

Wsvi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Damn... sucks... what's up?
was missing at idle , compression test reveled it was down 10% on cylinder 1 , the dealership said it needed a new head so that was done, on their second test drive miss came back now they are saying new long block so we will see.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
was missing at idle , compression test reveled it was down 10% on cylinder 1 , the dealership said it needed a new head so that was done, on their second test drive miss came back now they are saying new long block so we will see.
You did call the Ford 800# and get a Regional CSR to open a Case for you, so your vehicle priority is bumped, right?

And if it’s been there since Dec 16, in most States a vehicle qualifies instantly for Lemon Law IF it has been:
1) Inop at Service Center for 30 consecutive days
OR
2) Inop at Service Center for 30 calendar days within a year.

Hope they’re working with you.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
You did call the Ford 800# and get a Regional CSR to open a Case for you, so your vehicle priority is bumped, right?

And if it’s been there since Dec 16, in most States a vehicle qualifies instantly for Lemon Law IF it has been:
OR

Great advice,I'd give it back to them.when you go to sell the car buyers can see all the work and be leery of buying.i had a 09 vette that had engine replaced andit took forever to sell,plus I had to pay for extended insurance for the buyer.it sold for 5k under market

Wsvi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

OR

South Carolinas lemon law states the problem has to occur within the first 12 months or 12k miles I am at 2 years and 18k miles so..... they have given me a 2021 explorer to drive so all is not bad.

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
Two things. Like you (even though I'm on the other side of the country) there are only two dealerships here in the Coachella Valley. Thing is they are both owned by the same family (true spirit of American competition). So, you know they both will charge exactly the same for any work done. Which brings up the second point. Why does the dealership always charge at least 50% more than any other ASE licensed shop? Is it because of the warranty that they think they have us by the cajones?

Sponsored

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Two things. Like you (even though I'm on the other side of the country) there are only two dealerships here in the Coachella Valley. Thing is they are both owned by the same family (true spirit of American competition). So, you know they both will charge exactly the same for any work done. Which brings up the second point. Why does the dealership always charge at least 50% more than any other ASE licensed shop? Is it because of the warranty that they think they have us by the cajones?
Or is it there operating cost over a independent small shop

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
Or is it there operating cost over a independent small shop
https://www.ncconsumer.org/news-art...r-service-department-recommends-services.html

The article is a little over a year old but I don't think anything has changed in the interim. Basically it states that the maintenance department at the dealership is their cash-cow. They use it to bolster up slow sales from the sales department. As far as overhead? I think the independent small shop has more cost and overhead than any dealership maintenance department. They are on their own when it comes to buying the equipment they need, the rent, the payroll for their office and associate mechanics and energy costs. In my opinion the dealership maintenance people have a lot more economic wiggle room than the small independent shop.
Sponsored