CFTP Wing

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
That’s disappointing. Wish they would’ve made the uprights a one-piece setup with an internally welded base. That’s just two more machine screws easily removed for theft. Love the look overall though.
Agreed, I saw these when they first announced them and was excited, now with the 2 screws I'll pass.
Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Agreed, I saw these when they first announced them and was excited, now with the 2 screws I'll pass.
I asked them directly if they would offer custom security bolts similar to those made at Bryce Fastener and they said they could absolutely offer a custom keyed set of security bolts. They do so with their swan-neck wings and you can only buy a key from them if you’ve purchased one of their wings. They have their own CNC and lathes so they can fabricate their own hardware.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I asked them directly if they would offer custom security bolts similar to those made at Bryce Fastener and they said they could absolutely offer a custom keyed set of security bolts. They do so with their swan-neck wings and you can only buy a key from them if you’ve purchased one of their wings. They have their own CNC and lathes so they can fabricate their own hardware.
Yeah well I also was on FB and brought up about the theft first he said to use loctite where I said that wasn't a solution, I told him I had my own Anti-theft Hardware then basically told me my anti-theft screws are not because I put them in and he has a driver set to remove them, not the sharpest tool in the shed it seems, I also brought up about a possible weak point being that its screwed into the side and/or with the force and vibration it coming loose. He didnt respond, I'll pass for now until I see real world results, because I really dont think that is going to hold up for long, but thats my opinion, and I wont risk my wing to test it out.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Yeah well I also was on FB and brought up about the theft first he said to use loctite where I said that wasn't a solution, I told him I had my own Anti-theft Hardware then basically told me my anti-theft screws are not because I put them in and he has a driver set to remove them, not the sharpest tool in the shed it seems, I also brought up about a possible weak point being that its screwed into the side and/or with the force and vibration it coming loose. He didnt respond, I'll pass for now until I see real world results, because I really dont think that is going to hold up for long, but thats my opinion, and I wont risk my wing to test it out.
Yea I saw your reply with him and scratched my head when he said “red loctite” lol. I mean, it would definitely work, but you’re never taking those bolts out again lol

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
What's the hole to hole distance on the CFTP wing dog bone? Is it the same as a 350R wing?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
CFTP dogbones are 100% identical to GT350R dogbones. They are also the same as what is used on the GT4 Mustangs.

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
I have the chance to purchase an OEM CFTP wing. What are the differences in the OEM wing versus some of the others?

Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
I have the chance to purchase an OEM CFTP wing. What are the differences in the OEM wing versus some of the others?
I bought the Anderson Composite’s wing via Lethal Performance. It appears to be identical to OEM except the vertical mounts are aluminum and it doesn’t have the drain slots at the ends. Comes with the dog-bones too.
It has performed fine for me at COTA.

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
I’m going with a friend to look at some wheels he’s interested in purchasing. The guy who selling the wheels also has the wing that I was going to look at. He’s wanting 2k so I going to take a look at it and make a decision then. Thanks for the info guys.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500