Centri Boys, Need Your Wisdom!

Marketplaza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT shadow black and 18 dodge caravan
Well….you don’t have “better low end”. You have a car that needs to shift up gears sooner (Relative to road speed).
So, when you shift into second, the guy next to you is still in first etc.
I‘m quite sure the car feels subjectively faster though because each gear produces more torque (approx 14%j at the rear tyre than it did with the 3.55’s
Why would you “need“ to swap back to 3.55’s with a PD? On the strip I get it, but for road use it would just be hilarious. 4th gear might even get sketchy on the right (wrong?) tyre.
If I didn’t switch back to 3.55 I would actually be slower as I couldn’t fully use the power from the pd. I’ve done my research and with the gears I have a centri is best. I wouldn’t install a whipple just to say I got a whipple. Makes no sense if I can’t use it to its fullest. But with 4.09 it gets me to the power curve a lot faster than if I had lower gears.
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If I didn’t switch back to 3.55 I would actually be slower as I couldn’t fully use the power from the pd. I’ve done my research and with the gears I have a centri is best. I wouldn’t install a whipple just to say I got a whipple. Makes no sense if I can’t use it to its fullest. But with 4.09 it gets me to the power curve a lot faster than if I had lower gears.
I assume you’re running a DR on the car?
Also, as I said earlier, the OP needs to be mindful of the responses, including mine.
I‘d hate a car that didn’t produce enough torque to overcome the tyres easily at reasonable speeds. That’s the whole point of the exercise for me.
Again, that’s not for everyone.
Fast isn’t synonymous with fun. Some fast cars are a lot of fun, others not so much.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
What do you do if your me then? I have 4.09 gears and have plenty of low end because of it. I have a manual but I went with a Paxton. I could have got a whipple and waited 20 weeks for it to come in and then pay another 1k to swap my gears back to 3.55. I personally think a centri is my only option.
I had the TreMec swap with 4:10 rear end gears. You will be fine. Had them with Blower as well as Twins. :thumbsup:

01gt46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I’ve read the entire thread up until this point and this is the conclusion I came to… with me having an a10 with 3.55’s, I’d be better off with a centri. So my question is, it seems most (in this thread) go with Procharger over Vortech/Paxton. Why is that? Is it better in some aspect?

RedGT45

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I’ve read the entire thread up until this point and this is the conclusion I came to… with me having an a10 with 3.55’s, I’d be better off with a centri. So my question is, it seems most (in this thread) go with Procharger over Vortech/Paxton. Why is that? Is it better in some aspect?
I can't speak for others, but I chose Procharger because I liked where it mounts. It makes installation and maintenance easier. If that is not important to you than Paxton would give you more power for the money.

Sponsored

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Look for some 3.15s as well if you will be running 1/4 mile to keep it out of 7th.

I went vortech out of an unfounded fear of the procahrger out further on the crank, and it was cheaper. To do again not sure what choice I'd make. ESS is also an option. Any of them work well, just size the blower to what you want as end goal and go from there. Within reason, don't gett something for 1400hp and expect it to work well at 800. Both vortech and PC have larger units that fit their brackets that are capable of 1200+. PC has a better intercooler (stage 2). Larger vortechs are oil fed, some like this some don't. Install is about the same. Support is probably about the same. PC has an option to run a seperate belt, some like this. There are many known combinations with them, making it easy to predict outcome based on what you are planning.

brent_G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT-A10-pp1-ruby red
I have a vortech v3 Jt trim heritage edition. A10 with 3.55 pp1. Stock cat melted within 2k miles. So expect to have to change to headers and no cats. These gen3s are known for melting the passenger cat with supercharged applications , so just take note of that. Makes plenty of power (712 whp, 572wtq) on 93. First gear is kind of pointless on the street. Lund will tune it to start in 2nd, though.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
What about a gen 2 mt82, specifically with the 3.73s? The closer gearing with the higher rear end change your mind at all? Just curious in hearing your opinion, I’m still stuck on the fence
Either would be a good choice on your combo, Tough call. I have a friend who had a D1X on a 17 6 speed with 3.73's. You do lose boost on the shifts on a centri though (unless you are power shifting).

Last edited:

01gt46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I have a vortech v3 Jt trim heritage edition. A10 with 3.55 pp1. Stock cat melted within 2k miles. So expect to have to change to headers and no cats. These gen3s are known for melting the passenger cat with supercharged applications , so just take note of that. Makes plenty of power (712 whp, 572wtq) on 93. First gear is kind of pointless on the street. Lund will tune it to start in 2nd, though.
I’m guessing normal mode would start in 2nd, drag and track start in 1st? Have you made any 1/4 passes? If so what gear and mph are you trapping?

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
I’m guessing normal mode would start in 2nd, drag and track start in 1st? Have you made any 1/4 passes? If so what gear and mph are you trapping?
I start in 1st on my 3.55 geared car. 30" Mickey's cured my traction issues at about 850RW. Turning it up to 900RW in spring.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
You need tires.

01gt46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I start in 1st on my 3.55 geared car. 30" Mickey's cured my traction issues at about 850RW. Turning it up to 900RW in spring.
Nice. I’m not looking to push it that high. I’d be happy with mid-low 10’s (for now)

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
Nice. I’m not looking to push it that high. I’d be happy with mid-low 10’s (for now)
I did 10.50's on 305/50/19 NT555RII's but was spinning every time on the 1-2 at the track.

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
Either would be a good choice on your combo, Tough call. I have a friend who had a D1X on a 17 6 speed with 3.73's. You do lose boost on the shifts on a centri though (unless you are power shifting).
Thank you for the reply. After my turn at the typical pre-FI heavy consideration and going back n forth, I pulled the trigger on a centri kit. The fun of instant torque couldn’t overcome all of the other factors that made the centri attractive to me. We shall see but I’m pretty excited

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the reply. After my turn at the typical pre-FI heavy consideration and going back n forth, I pulled the trigger on a centri kit. The fun of instant torque couldn’t overcome all of the other factors that made the centri attractive to me. We shall see but I’m pretty excited
Which kit did you order? looking forward to the results.
Sponsored