Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
For those who haven't owned a MagRide vehicle I suggest you really give that some thought if you plan on keeping the vehicle for a period of time it is not a cheap maintenance item and if more than one unit goes I assure you your wallet will be looking mighty empty once they are done with you.
Isn't it covered under warranty?
Sponsored

Skully

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP
For those who haven't owned a MagRide vehicle I suggest you really give that some thought if you plan on keeping the vehicle for a period of time it is not a cheap maintenance item and if more than one unit goes I assure you your wallet will be looking mighty empty once they are done with you.
It's why I'm never buying Magnetic Ride again (even though it obviously is very good) :) I've replaced 4 corners at my own expense on my previous car.

Isn't it covered under warranty?
They almost always fail after warranty is over :) (and cost a shitton compared to regular shocks)

*Further on topic*

To my taste, I'd buy a 17. Not that you should let anybody's opinion matter imho. You have to buy what YOU want (and don't give a shit about what other people think, or who you might impress).

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The looks of the 2018 is very polarizing; so use that to determine if you want a '17 or '18

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
OP, If I were in your shoes I would wait on the release of MY '18. What we know at this point is there are more options on the refresh than the 15-17 models. Will be an increase in power/torque. The front-end seems to be the sore point with a lot of guys, but if I were shopping for an 18 MY the front-end wouldn't be a show-stopper.
Just my .02...

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I'm not a fan of the looks of the 18. They kind of neutered the looks a bit. The 10 spd auto is intriguing though as is the magride shocks but I'm sure that's only available the PP which is surely only manual transmission. So that kind of ruins it for me.

Plus I think it's kind of cool that I have the 2015 the first year model. My car will still be relevant for several more years and I think the 2015-2017s look a little bit more like a muscle car.

Sponsored

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
It's why I'm never buying Magnetic Ride again (even though it obviously is very good) :) I've replaced 4 corners at my own expense on my previous car.

They almost always fail after warranty is over :) (and cost a shitton compared to regular shocks)

*Further on topic*

To my taste, I'd buy a 17. Not that you should let anybody's opinion matter imho. You have to buy what YOU want (and don't give a shit about what other people think, or who you might impress).
LOL I thought I was staying on topic... I think it's a subject we all need to consider here... A lot of people here are saying get this and that... As a consumer you should know the Cons and Pros of your choices.

1.) There are a stupid amount of used 2015-2016 with less than 10k miles Premium models going for 26-28k. You'll be paying at least another 10k Before OTD taxes if you're looking for a 2018 Premium if you can't get any personal discounts if you're impatient.

2.) You can choose to wait till mid next year by that time 2018 models will be discounted more or you can by used and let some poor guy take the near 15k depreciation.

Things to keep in mind between your choices...

1.) What fits your budget better...IF you're looking to finance and pay off quick or pay cash used is the better option especially at how many are on the lots with just one or two oil changes more than likely.

2.) Do you want the extra convenience? The 10spd will be more efficient and probably equate to faster times than previous models, but will it save you money in the long run if you have a heavy foot and interest from a car note is calculated in? This goes for all the extra goodies you might want on the 2018 missing from previous models such as the Magride.

I understand some people have remorse if they don't get what they want.... but I rather someone be remorseful than broke.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I want to be back in a mustang but I don't wana wait all summer to be let down come October number wise. honeslty the only thing I really want is the new gauge cluster.
Not knowing the specifics on the digital gauge cluster option, it could be that it's only an option on the already higher base priced premium cars.

Are you looking to spend in the higher end range to get the car you want, or looking more like for a base car with a few options?

kl889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2010 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro
Definitely going to be pre-ordering a near fully loaded GT. All the upgrades are on point.

When is the earliest you will be available to pre-order.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Not knowing the specifics on the digital gauge cluster option, it could be that it's only an option on the already higher base priced premium cars.

Are you looking to spend in the higher end range to get the car you want, or looking more like for a base car with a few options?
I'm pretty sure I read where it was stated as being an option on the Premiums only, and I would figure it is a pricey option at that.

OP
OP

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Budget will be 35-36k max which that blue gt premium is 34 why is car buying so hard lol

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase

*Further on topic*

To my taste, I'd buy a 17. Not that you should let anybody's opinion matter imho. You have to buy what YOU want (and don't give a shit about what other people think, or who you might soimpress).
So gt-350 owners with magna ride wil have a big bill coming after warranty? Wow! I assume the guy that paid to fix his was a former vette owner, am i right?

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
How much does the 2018 Mustang weigh??

Skully

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP
So gt-350 owners with magna ride wil have a big bill coming after warranty? Wow! I assume the guy that paid to fix his was a former vette owner, am i right?
Only time will tell. (I do hope they hold up. I don't wish ugly repair bills upon other people)
But pretty much anything untill now (make model) with Magnetic Ride has some horror topics online after a few years.

I you meant me, nope Audi TTRS. It's not a chevy only problem.

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
I have taken a couple Magride cars out for test drives. I couldn't really tell a difference on the street... a little bit, but it wasn't enough to make me look at the co-pilot and say "HOLY Shit, this is so cool!". The conversation really went "can you feel a difference?" :shrug:

Maybe on a track it would be different/really be useful at that point?

This is one option I wouldn't get on the new car... unless Ford did something really different on the GT with this magride setup...
Sponsored