Sponsored

2017 or wait for 18

nic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost with PP
hi! do you guys think the 18 will be worth the wait.. and if it will have the v6
I am pretty set on getting the v6 with a procharger supercharger kit.. but i hear rumors of no v6 18... even if it did is it worth the wait?
plan to get one in 6 months
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Why not wait for 2028? Clearly it will be even better than 18?
Personally, I would get a better deal on the 16 and get the GT instead of spending money modding the V6.

Reactions: 113
OP
OP
nic

nic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
will be just turning 18 and insurance will be too nuts

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
will be just turning 18 and insurance will be too nuts
I agree, same power but no warranty and more money to mod the V6.

Have you at least quoted the V6 and V8 insurance prices? Could be really similar.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
In your situation, I would hunt for a leftover 16 like stated above.
Better deals and cheaper to insure.

I'm 55 years old and I am waiting to see what the 18 GT has to offer. If nothing special, I'm hunting down a leftover 2017 for a bargain.

Sponsored

OP
OP
nic

nic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In your situation, I would hunt for a leftover 16 like stated above.
Better deals and cheaper to insure.

I'm 55 years old and I am waiting to see what the 18 GT has to offer. If nothing special, I'm hunting down a leftover 2017 for a bargain.
when are the 18s been shown and then released

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
I would guess sometime in January. (Hopefully)

OP
OP
nic

nic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would guess sometime in January. (Hopefully)
awesome, plan to get my new car in april so i will know right away if i have to wait or not :amen:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
As an 18 year old, don't saddle yourself with the payments of a $30k car. Get a '16 or '17 V6 if you prefer that, and save your money. You can easily be at $22-23k OTD and will have a fun, great looking car that will be very reliable. When you're older/wiser/more educated/making a lot more money, go get a 2021+ GT or something.

My first car that was my own was a '98 Accord that I drove from 2005-2009 in college. Being low on debt when you haven't built a lot of equity is a smart idea.

OP
OP
nic

nic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As an 18 year old, don't saddle yourself with the payments of a $30k car. Get a '16 or '17 V6 if you prefer that, and save your money. You can easily be at $22-23k OTD and will have a fun, great looking car that will be very reliable. When you're older/wiser/more educated/making a lot more money, go get a 2021+ GT or something.

My first car that was my own was a '98 Accord that I drove from 2005-2009 in college. Being low on debt when you haven't built a lot of equity is a smart idea.
read the first post
it says v6

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Why not wait for 2028? Clearly it will be even better than 18?
Personally, I would get a better deal on the 16 and get the GT instead of spending money modding the V6.
Wait until 2028? No, one more year, because you know the 2029's will have the new Pratt & Whitney turbine engine. :lol: But yeah, OP, definitely look into insurance costs for a young pup in a GT. (And you might want to be sitting down when you hear it). But if you can swing a newer V6, that still wouldn't be bad for a young guy to have something that new. My cars at that age were FAR from new.

Jarh3ad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP
I say buy what you like, if you like the current model why wait? My first car was a 1966 mustang coupe and i would still be driving it today if my situation at the time would have allowed. sometimes having the latest and greatest is always the best!

Vinny_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang GT PP
I kept telling myself I would wait for 2018... But I found a 17 on a dealer lot for the right price and fell in love with it. If you find what you like now, don't feel you have to wait!

edc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
All kidding aside, as someone who plans to be a proud mustang owner in the next year or so, I am also curious. I am not in a hurry, so I cant wait to see what 2018 will bring. My guess is it will be a lot better on the track, given the current camaro has a leg up (comparing GT vs SS).

Also, if there is a refresh of the exterior, that would weigh heavily in my choice

Jarh3ad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP
My thing is this, about owning a muscle car what ever brand you decide to buy. Its the same as owning a motorcycle. You buy what you can and make it your own. Anyone can buy a Mustang, Camaro, Charger, Etc...It is what you do with it that makes it yours. Buy what you like and make it yours!!
Sponsored