Sponsored

Bullitt vs GT - Hardware Differences

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
While the GT350 intake is plug and play in terms of the IMRC on a '15-'17 GT, it's not on the '18+ but presumably the Bullitt/Mach1 unit would be.
Due to GT350 Manifold electrical connection changed or Bullitt wire harness connection changed ?
I’m not sure, just asking.
The part number difference doesn’t reveal much.
Does Ford Performance offer a 2018+ PowerPack with manifold ? Again just asking.

KellTrac is the one who put a GT350 manifold and ZR1 TB on his GEN3. That’s all I know, how everything was connected is beyond my wheelhouse…
Sponsored

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Due to GT350 Manifold electrical connection changed or Bullitt wire harness connection changed ?
I’m not sure, just asking.
The part number difference doesn’t reveal much.
Does Ford Performance offer a 2018+ PowerPack with manifold ? Again just asking.
I'm not sure there either. That the Bullitt/Mach manifold carries its own number suggests there may be a functional difference between it and the GT350 unit. Perhaps it's the analog/digital control difference and wiring thereof? I'd be surprised if the Bullitt/Mach harness connection is different than that of the '18+ GT.

To my knowledge I don't think there's been a '18+ PowerPack with the manifold, since the '18+ GT intake is so good.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
the Bullitt/Mach manifold carries its own number suggests there may be a functional difference between it and the GT350 unit. Perhaps it's the analog/digital control differenc
I wonder, is the manifold part number different because it’s FoMoCo # vs. Ford Performance #

Last edited:

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Short of a Cobrajet intake, You already have one of the best intakes going. Yours has better low end torque than the GT350 intake and has power to 7500 rpm.

IMO. Go with a CAI and a good tune. You will find the HP difference there. Add E85 to the tune and you will likely exceed the Bullitt numbers.

For around $1000 bucks you will reach or exceed your goal and blow your warranty to hell :like:

My .2 cents.

Sorry, no offense to the owners of Bullitt's. Still a great car. But......

The Bullitt is homely, the chrome trim around the grille reminds me of a J.C. Whitney add on, one mediocre color. And don't get me started on those bland retro(Steeda may have solved this as I am writing this https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/steeda-mcqueen-20”-wheels-available.126485/) wheels.

Steve was cool, the movie was cool, even the car was reasonably cool. The homage is kinda dorky IMO.

The above is the main reason I don't own one. The HP difference is negligible relative to my 2019 GT and that can be easily remedied.
Hi Mike,

Just curious how old you are?

Thanks

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder is the manifold part number difference because it’s FoMoCo # vs. Ford Performance #
Hi Mike,

Just curious how old you are?

Thanks
I was 8 when Bullitt came out. Saw it in the first showing. To me and my peers, McQueen and everything he did was the best!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Going with an aftermarket CAI and a good tune isn't (or at least doesn't appear to be) an option, since most (all?) tunes, including the FP one, don't work with 2018+ Euro vehicles due to the GPF.
However, the Bullitt was sold in Europe, GPF and all. And while its power output is admittedly lower than it is in the US due to the GPF, it's still a bit higher than that of a Euro GT. And there's also the difference in sound.
So, I was thinking that I could just find the VIN of a Euro 2020 Bullitt (there are a couple on the Romanian Ford forum), order original parts for that VIN from a Ford dealer, then use the HPtuners interface to read the tune from that Bullitt and upload it to my GT. Does that sound like a good plan?

jomo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jörg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bullitt
Hi Vlad,

you may remember that I own an EU spec 2021 Bullitt.
I swapped air filter/-intake to a JLT-CAI and the intake manifold to a GT 2018+

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...d-2-videos-and-greetings-from-germany.157766/

So it happens, that I have the original air filter and the Intake manifold still around here.

If we find a way to get this stuff from Germany to Romania...

(Btw. are you part of the Mustang Romania group?)

Cheers, Jörg

OP
OP
Vlad Soare

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Wow, that would be great! Getting them from Germany to Romania shouldn't be a problem. We can arrange the details in private.
What's interesting is that you managed to improve on the original Euro Bullitt by using a GT manifold and a custom tune. So I guess custom tunes compatible with Euro vehicles are now available. That's good to know.
The tuner seems to be using the HPtuners software and interface. Did they by any chance save your original configuration before loading the new tune? Do you happen to have the original .HPT file?

There's an older thread discussing the difference in the exhaust sound between the Bullitt and the plain vanilla GT, and the conclusion was that it's all due to the different intake and tune. Have you noticed any change in this respect with the GT manifold and JLT intake?

I'm not a member of that Facebook group. I'll check it out. Maybe I'll join.

Last edited:

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
There's MT article out there where they tested 3rd gen Coyote with different manifolds - made the most power with stock GT manifold if I remember correctly (each config had custom tune).

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I wonder, is the manifold part number different because it’s FoMoCo # vs. Ford Performance #
GT350: GR3Z-9424-C
Ford Performance: M-9424-M52
Bullitt: KR3Z-9424-A

Presumably the FP and GT350 are one and the same, just as the OEM '18+ intake has a FP numbered counterpart.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Regarding the exhaust sound, the active exhaust tuning is supposed to specific to the Bullitt, along with the internals of the resonator and mufflers. That has to work in concert with the induction set-up the Bullitt engine.

This is information I've received from a Ford engineer I interviewed for my book Mustang Bullitt - Generations.

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
There's MT article out there where they tested 3rd gen Coyote with different manifolds - made the most power with stock GT manifold if I remember correctly (each config had custom tune).
I think you’re right about that particular article, and I’ve heard that before, but I just don’t believe that Ford simply pulled one on everybody and installed a lower power manifold on the Bullitt/Mach1 for nasty reasons as if they knew full well that the stock gen3 one makes better power.

I suspect the 18+ IM has a beefier torque curve but high rpm power must be better on the GT350.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
GT350: GR3Z-9424-C
Ford Performance: M-9424-M52
Bullitt: KR3Z-9424-A

Presumably the FP and GT350 are one and the same, just as the OEM '18+ intake has a FP numbered counterpart.
Only difference in the GT350 / Bullitt is GR vs KR and the ending letter. All number sequence match.
I'll wager the engine bay harness in the Bullitt and Mach is the difference but I'm just fortune telling for fun. Who really knows without pulling connectors on the Bullitt / Mach.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
I think you’re right about that particular article, and I’ve heard that before, but I just don’t believe that Ford simply pulled one on everybody and installed a lower power manifold on the Bullitt/Mach1 for nasty reasons as if they knew full well that the stock gen3 one makes better power.

I suspect the 18+ IM has a beefier torque curve but high rpm power must be better on the GT350.
I'm just asking but just how much beef between the two ? I'm wondering if that loss is covered up by cam and ignition strategy ?
Honestly, I have the GT350 manifold with modded 80mm TB on a stock tune 2015 5.0 and I feel no low end loss.
Sponsored