BrettT

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
And now stuff gets complicated. It is likely the builder is running in real time and ford will claim that the item was added halfway through the model year... that being said, those of us with higher numbers should see it, right?

To date, I have yet to run across any bullitt owner with the fordpass connect wifi hotspot on the bullitt electronics package.

*edit* that image is noted as Canada. Is it possible this is US issue only?
No. It's an issue with Canadian Bullitt's as well. It does not work, and I assume the modem is not installed.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
I will be talking to my local maintenance department about fordpass connect this week. I just wanted to make sure that I had some starting data. Thus far it seems:

1. No bullitt has a functioning fordpass connect
2. The US bullitts were advertised with the fordpass app, but no one can seem to find mention of this feature on their window sticker ("mykey" shows up, but we are unsure if that is an extension of the "intelligent access"
3. The Canada bullitts were not only advertised with the fordpass app, but they also seemed to have the option listed in the base (non electronics pack) versions of the vehicle. We will gloss over the fact that all Canadian bullitts had magnaride standard (US gets little love from ford :giggle:)
4. The ford pass app seems to be the only thing missing from the 2.2k Bullitt electronics package that is included in the 2.2k gt electronics package
5. While it seems possible to add fordpass connect to gt models after factory, due to codes, it seems impossible to add fordpass connect to bullitt models
6. Overall, the lack of fordpass connect on the bullitt appears to be a trim level oversight.
7. The lack of fordpass connect is not related to a standard transmission as you can get it in the standard trans ecoboost, standard trans gt, and the standard trans gt350.

Let me know if I missed something.

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
3. The Canada bullitts were not only advertised with the fordpass app, but they also seemed to have the option listed in the base (non electronics pack) versions of the vehicle. We will gloss over the fact that all Canadian bullitts had magnaride standard (US gets little love from ford :giggle:)
The standard Canadian Bullitt is 500A+MagneRide+Electronics Package. You can't get it without those.
There is only one option outside of getting the car cover: Recaro's.
2020Bullitt.JPG

Also, the BAP for 2020 is up. It still states FordPass Connect (Wi-fi Hot Spot) is included.

K3993

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K3993 traded. 2022 MACH 1
Very interested to hear what they say on this, going to start investigating here as well.
Will pass along any info I find out.

Sponsored

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt - Magneride and electronic package.
Addint my Bullitt to this. The app connects to the car but I can not unlock or lock the doors. I can only get travel data and oil/gas information. Do we know if the 401A GTs with a manual transmission have the lock/unlock future?

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Addint my Bullitt to this. The app connects to the car but I can not unlock or lock the doors. I can only get travel data and oil/gas information. Do we know if the 401A GTs with a manual transmission have the lock/unlock future?
According to the ford site, yes the 401 is the electronics pack that unlocks the fordpass.

Also, the BAP for 2020 is up. It still states FordPass Connect (Wi-fi Hot Spot) is included.
This is good to know.

Very interested to hear what they say on this, going to start investigating here as well.
Will pass along any info I find out.
Please do, the more bullitt owners asking questions of ford, the more likely ford is to realize that their departments were not talking and this item was left out of the electronics pack for bullitt owners.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Time out.........
When you first enter the app you have this screen, right?
C14EFAC8-6E10-46BD-8361-56C79720CED1.png

When you touch vehicle details do you see this?
4BDB0AA4-26EF-4BC2-A076-AEECB838FDA0.jpeg
4EC07249-B722-4DA8-8E2C-842A14219356.png

See that small icon next to “Cali” up top. That tells you that your connected to Fordpass Connect. Can you see your location, fluid levels and tire pressure. That’s all FPC.

So at least I’ve been told. :)

Last edited:

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Time out.........

When you touch vehicle details do you see this?
4BDB0AA4-26EF-4BC2-A076-AEECB838FDA0.jpeg
4EC07249-B722-4DA8-8E2C-842A14219356.png

See that small icon next to “Cali” up top. That tells you that your connected to Fordpass Connect. Can you see your location, fluid levels and tire pressure. That’s all FPC.

So at least I’ve been told. :)

To my knowledge, not a single bullitt owner can get to this point. I have tried multiple times on multiple systems to get this to work. Our phones can talk to sync when plugged in or sharing wifi, but ford seems to have forgotten to add FPC to our 50k cars.
Some of us have been told it was not added for standard transmissions - lies
Some of us have been told it is not standard on the bullitt - lies
I have been told that fpc can not be added to a car after the fact - lies It is not welded to the frame like magniride, but a computer that talks to the ecu/tcu. There is a space for it on the vehicle because... The bullitt is a spruced up gt with power pack 2 / performance pack 1 / custom paint.

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Time out.........
Yes the screens are there but for this one there is no unlock and lock buttons. I had an A10 GT and it was normal.

What is the correlation between Auto and the App vs Manual and the App? Do we know if the base manuals have the lock/unlock?

Sponsored

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is mine!
Screenshot_20191007-110307.png

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
To my knowledge, not a single bullitt owner can get to this point. I have tried multiple times on multiple systems to get this to work. Our phones can talk to sync when plugged in or sharing wifi, but ford seems to have forgotten to add FPC to our 50k cars.
Some of us have been told it was not added for standard transmissions - lies
Some of us have been told it is not standard on the bullitt - lies
I have been told that fpc can not be added to a car after the fact - lies It is not welded to the frame like magniride, but a computer that talks to the ecu/tcu. There is a space for it on the vehicle because... The bullitt is a spruced up gt with power pack 2 / performance pack 1 / custom paint.
Did I misunderstood Rev’n Step when he said oil/gas info? Rev, did you mean finding a gas station on the”find” tab?

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did I misunderstood Rev’n Step when he said oil/gas info? Rev, did you mean finding a gas station on the”find” tab?
Haha no you are good. It was my sentence. I can only get that info. But I cant see lock/unlock. My previous post shows it!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Yes the screens are there but for this one there is no unlock and lock buttons. I had an A10 GT and it was normal.

What is the correlation between Auto and the App vs Manual and the App? Do we know if the base manuals have the lock/unlock?
Sorry, I have an A10. Do you have the “Vehicle Details” button on the main screen. If you do what does it show you? Can you see fuel level, location, etc?

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, I have an A10. Do you have the “Vehicle Details” button on the main screen. If you do what does it show you? Can you see fuel level, location, etc?
Yeah I can see everything else.
Thats why I am starting to believe that the manuals dont have lock/unlock.
Sponsored