Sponsored

Bought abused GT?

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I thought the pp1 came with a bigger front lip?? But I also saw paint inconsistencies, like really slight dripping near the vent areas, over spray, theres also deep areas where it seems the spray didn't reach. The left turn signal kinda just pops in and out if I want it to. Its kinda hard to notice at first.
Yeah that does make it seem like something happened, although my guess is that they repainted the bumper and replaced the lower lip (which is the only thing different between the pp and non-pp) with the much cheaper non-pp lip. But the rest of the bumper is all the same regardless of trim.
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I know the Ford engineers.......While we’re enjoying our holidays these folks work to finish projects......
LOL!!!

I rented from a Ford Engineer. His biggest concern was finding weed and coke for the weekend.

bonz50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 50th Anniv GT
LOL!!!

I rented from a Ford Engineer. His biggest concern was finding weed and coke for the weekend.
when in college my roommate was a mech eng student, he and his classmates were all the same trying to cope with the workload from class.

my dad is an old retired maintenance guy from a big pharma company, he called engineers "people educated beyond the point of comprehending the obvious." he's got so many stories about engineers fvcking things up and making the maintenance guy install/maintain stuff for twice the cost. it is insane.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Without computer aided design and manufacturing cars wouldn't be what they are today.
It's a tool that is not always correct. My very expensive engine simulator says the GT350 intake manifold will fall on it's face after 6500 RPM. We all know it is good for at least 7800.

Like any tool you have to learn it's limits.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I thought the pp1 came with a bigger front lip?? But I also saw paint inconsistencies, like really slight dripping near the vent areas, over spray, theres also deep areas where it seems the spray didn't reach. The left turn signal kinda just pops in and out if I want it to. Its kinda hard to notice at first.
E825D6E5-B3D8-4387-A7D6-BE4E234D8BCB.jpeg

3149E073-4FEC-4B1C-ABF2-F7AD9276D3FD.jpeg

like said hard to notice from far but definitely can tell from close. Forgot to mention the plastic skid plate at the bottom is missing.
It's possible the previous owner hit a curb and they had it replaced or repainted. It's too hard to tell if you have a base GT bumper or a PP1. You would have to measure it or get under it and pull a part#.

But... if you keep parking like that, you'll be replacing it again in no time. :wink:

Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1

like said hard to notice from far but definitely can tell from close. Forgot to mention the plastic skid plate at the bottom is missing.
I would never buy a used sports car with tinted headlights 🤣 :lipssealed:

who parked it like that?

OP
OP
maxxpayne

maxxpayne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
I would never buy a used sports car with tinted headlights 🤣 :lipssealed:

who parked it like that?
Damn. It's that tacky?? Hahaha but when I got to the dealer it was already parked like that. Probably one of the sales guys.

OP
OP
maxxpayne

maxxpayne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
So O2 sensors can go bad if you're not handling them carefully when taking them in and out if you shock or impact them they can go bad. A PCM can go bad if this guy had some stereo wiring and they shot a screw through a harness ... sure but I agree with the other person who said is tune related .

This exact reason is why i oy order a new not used performace car. did it with my last for the same reason. i wana be the first to get all up in her for the first time! i dont want sume guy with a huge.. um FOOT.... slammin her all the time before i show up lol.

I would go down there personally and have a nice conversation about the mods and what might be or not the stock about the car I feel real bad for you dude I'll be watching this thread keep us updated
I'll definitely have that conversation with the service manager next time I head there. Thanks bro.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Damn. It's that tacky?? Hahaha but when I got to the dealer it was already parked like that. Probably one of the sales guys.
you should really talk to a service manager about not letting idiots drive your car 😄

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
No, it's not "tacky" by any means. It is a good looking car with a clean look. I'll never understand why some people feel the need to kick a guy while he is down.

Anyway, how far did you get with this? Any updates?

Sponsored
OP
OP
maxxpayne

maxxpayne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Max
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
No, it's not "tacky" by any means. It is a good looking car with a clean look. I'll never understand why some people feel the need to kick a guy while he is down.

Anyway, how far did you get with this? Any updates?
No update so far. Last thing I was told is the pcm (maybe he said cmp, im not entirely sure) is being replaced and he needs to reprogram the keys. That was 2 days ago and I plan on calling later today. Kinda hate to be the guy to call again and again but I got no choice. I'm going to make sure this mustang has a long and healthy life.

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
LOL

Now don't get me wrong there are plenty of very talented and smart engineers. There just seems to be a glut of book smart idiots.

Yeah ... only 10% of doctors (and engineers) were in the upper 10% of their class.
Therefore 90% are low achievers. :punch:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Yeah ... only 10% of doctors (and engineers) were in the upper 10% of their class.
Therefore 90% are low achievers. :punch:
This brings back memories.
I went back to college at 50 and whenever I started fretting about my grades my wife would ask me the question "What do they call the doctor who graduates last in their class?"

The answer, of course, is Doctor.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB

My car came with unpainted areas on the front bumper (as well as a hole in the trunk). Could be like that from the factory.
Sponsored