Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I had a similar situation with my MCS on my ND2 MX-5 setup for SCCA STR class. The kit included helper springs and a Delrin coupler that aligned the main spring and the helper spring. You could do a similar thing here and only have to buy the helper spring and the coupler. I'm sure you can get both from Karcepts. Brian is a local guy and mechanical engineer. Just give him a call and tell him what you need.
Added picture of coupler.

Coupler.png
thanks you sir! Thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™ll be doing. Both helper and a longer spring.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
and he assembles them with helper springs and 7" springs so that when at full droop there is some preload on the spring.
Hell that should be paired with a 9" it's hardly like there is limited availability! Or even difference in price.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
This is not something a person would know before hand unless the vendor mentioned it.
This is modding a car in a nutshell šŸ˜‚
You always find out afterwards. I can't tell you how many times I've said that one.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Off topic, how was the remote clutch reservoir install? I have all the parts, but it's just been sort of sitting because I haven't had clutch issues yet haha

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Off topic, how was the remote clutch reservoir install? I have all the parts, but it's just been sort of sitting because I haven't had clutch issues yet haha
Very on topic to me lol but I didnā€™t do the install so canā€™t say. I had it done when I did my GT500 cam covers. I did do the bracket and the remote reservoir part but not the brake reservoir. I know itā€™s pretty straight forward but I would be the one to allow air into the master cylinder making a 30 min job a whole weekend lol. My mechanic just swapped the reservoir instead of changing the entire master cylinder assembly. I actually have to swap it out again because when I was doing a brake bleed last year, I didnā€™t open the cap so when I compressed the pistons, the pressure stressed the seam on the reservoir. Have a very very slow leak. Lesson learned going forward. Will get to it later this year

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Very on topic to me lol but I didnā€™t do the install so canā€™t say. I had it done when I did my GT500 cam covers. I did do the bracket and the remote reservoir part but not the brake reservoir. I know itā€™s pretty straight forward but I would be the one to allow air into the master cylinder making a 30 min job a whole weekend lol. My mechanic just swapped the reservoir instead of changing the entire master cylinder assembly. I actually have to swap it out again because when I was doing a brake bleed last year, I didnā€™t open the cap so when I compressed the pistons, the pressure stressed the seam on the reservoir. Have a very very slow leak. Lesson learned going forward. Will get to it later this year
I was searching for your seat/belt setup, and stumbled upon this mod hahaha....I need to just do this. Find angle aluminum and be good to go. I've seen guys zip tie it to the brake reservoir and use the stock line, but that seems like a giant red flag at tech.

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Kind of surprised they're too short for such an expensive set. Is it sitting too low with the pre-load at the bottom of the threads? I ask because I've been saving for the same set-up.
Just seeing this. Were you looking at the MMR kit or just MCS in general? The MMR kit seems to not be favorable for non 350 and PP2 cars. Im not to worried about the spring choice because they give you the option to select your own rates but I just think the need to be longer. The biggest issue right now is the clearance to the CV axle. Vorshlag sells their kits with a "super offset" which they produce in house for this very reason. They won't sell it to me. I have about a millimeter of clearance. I was advised to shift the subframe but I feel like I should t have to do that to get this kit to work. Or run low profile axle boots which come at a nice cost.
IMG_5128.jpeg
IMG_5126.jpeg

ArrestmeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Iā€™m looking at the Vorshlag kit. If funny they wonā€™t sell you just the mounts. My ridetech coilovers I have now have a similar offset bracket in the rear. Maybe try them to see if theyā€™ll sell just that piece?

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Just seeing this. Were you looking at the MMR kit or just MCS in general? The MMR kit seems to not be favorable for non 350 and PP2 cars. Im not to worried about the spring choice because they give you the option to select your own rates but I just think the need to be longer. The biggest issue right now is the clearance to the CV axle. Vorshlag sells their kits with a "super offset" which they produce in house for this very reason. They won't sell it to me. I have about a millimeter of clearance. I was advised to shift the subframe but I feel like I should t have to do that to get this kit to work. Or run low profile axle boots which come at a nice cost.
IMG_5128.jpeg
IMG_5126.jpeg
This was one of the reasons why I chose the Ohlins. Regarding the spring issues the ohlins kit at least at my end is unseated at full droop but that's something that is kind of normal for shorter coilover springs. It's settled when car is dropped though. I do think that eventually will add helper springs but 2 years in no issue with the current setup.

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
This was one of the reasons why I chose the Ohlins. Regarding the spring issues the ohlins kit at least at my end is unseated at full droop but that's something that is kind of normal for shorter coilover springs. It's settled when car is dropped though. I do think that eventually will add helper springs but 2 years in no issue with the current setup.
I was wondering how that worked with your set up but im assuming the same way?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Iā€™m looking at the Vorshlag kit. If funny they wonā€™t sell you just the mounts. My ridetech coilovers I have now have a similar offset bracket in the rear. Maybe try them to see if theyā€™ll sell just that piece?
Well Im going to try them again but I also contacted Cortex to see if I can buy theirs.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I was wondering how that worked with your set up but im assuming the same way?
It's concerning when jacking the car to do some work on it but when dropped even if springs not aligned properly it only require a pothole or two to get in the correct place. And my roads have a lot of potholes so all is good. Helper springs surely will help with that but I didn't have the time to deal with that so far.

ArrestmeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
You can see the offset mount for the Ridetech coilovers to the left.

2015_Mustang_Level2.png

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Were you looking at the MMR kit or just MCS in general?
I'm surprised they didn't flip that shock end or end or spec 2.25 springs. You may need to go to preload divorced like from Steeda or others.

OP
OP
Biggsy

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I'm surprised they didn't flip that shock end or end or spec 2.25 springs. You may need to go to preload divorced like from Steeda or others.
They are 2.25 springs. But after talking with a few others and looking at their pictures, the clearance is tight but itā€™ll work. The kit has been out for this long so Iā€™m sure it works but comes with precautions. If ride tech or cortex will sell me their lower mounts Iā€™ll be willing to try it out.
Sponsored