Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
I have a 2015 Mustang Gt Premium.

Having a hard time figuring out what tuning device and tuner I want to go with. Looking for a flex fuel tune or an e54 + e85 tune. (Would be nice to also have a 91 tune)

Could anyone give recommendations for what tuning device they used and what tuner they chose? (A link to tuning device and tuner would also be greatly appreciated)

I know Palm Beach Dyno and Lund are popular but I donā€™t know where to look to find the tuning device I should use for them.

Thanks for anyoneā€™s response! It means a lot to get feedback from others.
Like you said, both Lund and Palm Beach Dyno are both very popular in the tuning world and both the ones i highly recommend. Iā€™ve ran both myself and had great results with each of them. Currently Lund uses their RTD tuning device while PBD uses their uCal, SCT, and the RTD. Iā€™ll post some links below for some added information but in my opinion there is no wrong answer between the two and itā€™s more of personal preference. Let us know if we can help with anything. ā˜ 

Lund RTD:
https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...17-ford-mustang-gt/computer-1/lund-racing-rtd

PBD uCal:
https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...17-ford-mustang-gt/computer-1/palm-beach-dyno

Tunes themselves:

https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...8-gt/2015-2017-ford-mustang-gt/custom-tunes-1

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Unleashed Tuning for device, 91/93 tune. I'm not sure about E85. For that I would turn to Steeda/James. Neither of them believe in hijacking your ECU to protect their precious 'intellectual property'.
James doesn't believe in doing Flex tunes. He prefers to tune for 93 or eXX. Had a convo with him about Facebook about it, He doesn't feel that with how many variable that change between the fuels that you're able to really properly dial in a flex tune as good as you can just having 2 tunes that you swap between.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
James doesn't believe in doing Flex tunes. He prefers to tune for 93 or eXX. Had a convo with him about Facebook about it, He doesn't feel that with how many variable that change between the fuels that you're able to really properly dial in a flex tune as good as you can just having 2 tunes that you swap between.
How much does his tunes cost? The reason I was looking for flex fuel is because I live in AZ and only have 1 e54 place by my work and then 1 e85 place a few miles from my house. Wanted a flex tune so I could switch back and forth. Could get an e54 and e85 tune ig.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Could get an e54 and e85 tune ig
I've heard it described as there is no point going past E30 unless it's all the way to E85. What's so hard about just filling up at the one near the house? It's not like you don't have a malfunctioning gas gauge.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
How much does his tunes cost? The reason I was looking for flex fuel is because I live in AZ and only have 1 e54 place by my work and then 1 e85 place a few miles from my house. Wanted a flex tune so I could switch back and forth. Could get an e54 and e85 tune ig.
Unsure, he replies on FB though.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I've heard it described as there is no point going past E30 unless it's all the way to E85. What's so hard about just filling up at the one near the house? It's not like you don't have a malfunctioning gas gauge.
Just because I donā€™t go near there very much and itā€™s like 8 miles away so it would take me like 40 min just to go get gas and back, and I thought that e85 would give a significant bump in power over e54

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I have a 2015 Mustang Gt Premium.

Having a hard time figuring out what tuning device and tuner I want to go with. Looking for a flex fuel tune or an e54 + e85 tune. (Would be nice to also have a 91 tune)

Could anyone give recommendations for what tuning device they used and what tuner they chose? (A link to tuning device and tuner would also be greatly appreciated)

I know Palm Beach Dyno and Lund are popular but I donā€™t know where to look to find the tuning device I should use for them.

Thanks for anyoneā€™s response! It means a lot to get feedback from others.
Lund Racing or Palm Beach Dyno are your way to go. Palm Beach Dyno uses the UCAL device and Lund Racing uses a RTD device. Both are great tuners it all comes down to personal preference. You can't go wrong with either. We sell them both along with the tuning here from www.lethalperformance.com

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
E85 over E54 is not going to give you a significant bump in power on a gen 2 NA car.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Yup Shaun at AED is amazing on this platform. Performance and service is great. Flex runs strong. OP e54 still gonna be far better than 91/93. E85 even better but running the flex you can run either or a mix.

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Cant comment on your gen 2 op but on the gen 3 the bump from pump to e54 is solid and the jump from e54 to e85 is crazy. Enough so I always made it a point to gas up by work to keep my e85r loaded as much as possible.

leoxus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang gt Oxford white
Yup Shaun at AED is amazing on this platform. Performance and service is great. Flex runs strong. OP e54 still gonna be far better than 91/93. E85 even better but running the flex you can run either or a mix.
Noob question but what device should I get or do you recommend if I want a AED tune?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Noob question but what device should I get or do you recommend if I want a AED tune?
They use SCT so BDX would work. You can also get your device from them when you get your tune if they have them in stock.