tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I have a 2015 Mustang Gt Premium.

Having a hard time figuring out what tuning device and tuner I want to go with. Looking for a flex fuel tune or an e54 + e85 tune. (Would be nice to also have a 91 tune)

Could anyone give recommendations for what tuning device they used and what tuner they chose? (A link to tuning device and tuner would also be greatly appreciated)

I know Palm Beach Dyno and Lund are popular but I don’t know where to look to find the tuning device I should use for them.

Thanks for anyone’s response! It means a lot to get feedback from others.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Unleashed Tuning for device, 91/93 tune. I'm not sure about E85. For that I would turn to Steeda/James. Neither of them believe in hijacking your ECU to protect their precious 'intellectual property'.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Unleashed Tuning for device, 91/93 tune. I'm not sure about E85. For that I would turn to Steeda/James. Neither of them believe in hijacking your ECU to protect their precious 'intellectual property'.
Thanks I’ll have to look into Steeda. And what do you mean hijacking the ecu?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
And what do you mean hijacking the ecu?
Lund 'encrypts' the ECU so nothing else, not even Ford can rescue it. Lots of threads on that.
All of my cars are tuned by Unleashed. Torrie is incredibly responsive. I have E30 tunes for the Ecobost, the 3.5TT in the F150 and Camaro SS. He may also do E85, just haven't gone there with the GT yet.

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Lund ftw!

Best bet is to pick which tuner you plan on going with then look for a tuning device that they use.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Which tuning device does Lund use?
I believe they still use the nGauge and the rtd now. I used the sct bdx but they no longer support it. They were nice enough to rush my tuning revisions through to get everything done before they stopped supporting it in March.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I would never ever allow a tuner to lock my cars PCM. NEVER!!
Don't lose your tuning device and flash back to stock when needed. Pcm unlocked. Problem solved. It's worked for me for the last 48k miles.

If i was a tuner I'd lock it too. Otherwise some dumbass plays with their tune, messes something up and blows their motor, then blames Lund. Not to mention some other tuner trying to use their data.

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Don't lose your tuning device and flash back to stock when needed. Pcm unlocked. Problem solved. It's worked for me for the last 48k miles.

If i was a tuner I'd lock it too. Otherwise some dumbass plays with their tune, messes something up and blows their motor, then blames Lund. Not to mention some other tuner trying to use their data.
Their is not a Tuner, regardless which will cover any damage cause while running their tune or product, unless they give you a specific Warranty which covers such damage related to and proved to be from their product use. If you want to build performance, expect things to break, regardless. Shit Breaks.

treborwd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 California Special Oxford White
Thanks I’ll have to look into Steeda. And what do you mean hijacking the ecu?
I have the Steeda 93 tune on my 16 California Special. Only mods in have are Steeda CAI and Corsa Xtreme. Steeda would not write an E85 tune for my car without me upgrading the injectors even though it's an option when filling out the tune form. After some back and forth Steeda changed their website but not the tune request from. So I'd go with a different tuner if E85 is your goal and you haven't already upgraded the injectors. And to be honest the steeda tune is very conservative and lacking compared to my friends PBD tune with almost exact setup as my car.

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
Lund hands down. Super quick to respond and tunes are on point. They tuned my on the dyno remotely.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Lund hands down. Super quick to respond and tunes are on point. They tuned my on the dyno remotely.
What tuning device did you get?

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
AED
Sponsored