FBO 2018 Dyno tune test: Lund vs Palm Beach Dyno

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
The tuner pissing contest isnt just a thing in the Mustang world. It is every make/model vehicle that can be tuned, always a tuner war. The Mustang world is actually very tame compared to the Mopar truck world. It gets brutal with them. Guys literally threatening to drive 6+ hrs from home to fight 1 another....over differences in who they think tunes better. The fighting amongst themselves has pretty much destroyed the Hemi truck fb pages & forums.
Redneck Merica at its finest. :crazy:

What I've learned about tuners is they earn their living from tuning, so the bad ones will fall by the wayside. The really good tuners are the ones who you have great rapport with. Communication is key.
Sponsored

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
What was the max timing used on both tunes? I just started my initial E85 WOT logs with PBD and was curious.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Did you have 2 different Nguages? Or can you get a lund tune onto a PBD nguage? I know you can put other companies tunes on lund nguages.

My PBD tune is raw AF, torque management is gone completely as far as I can tell. I just need to put TCS off and can spin through 2nd and 3rd to 70 mph if I want in drag mode if i keep it straight enough. had a lot of revisions though at first some was still in there. 100% satisfied with it now and I have tbrake and burble on it too also put my shift points to 7500.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Abomb210

Abomb210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
Did you have 2 different Nguages? Or can you get a lund tune onto a PBD nguage? I know you can put other companies tunes on lund nguages.

My PBD tune is raw AF, torque management is gone completely as far as I can tell. I just need to put TCS off and can spin through 2nd and 3rd to 70 mph if I want in drag mode if i keep it straight enough. had a lot of revisions though at first some was still in there. 100% satisfied with it now and I have tbrake and burble on it too also put my shift points to 7500.
I actually have both tunes loaded on a sct bdx tuner. The nguage they lock from editing. I’m pretty happy with PBD also

OP
OP
Abomb210

Abomb210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
What was the max timing used on both tunes? I just started my initial E85 WOT logs with PBD and was curious.
I’m not sure I didn’t get into it.
Sponsored