HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
can you guys post a picture of this point? ive been using the strut tower bolt, that has the little black ground running to it as my grounding point. if this is not the correct one, interested to see the other point.
Fuse box cover propped up for the picture and tender connector laying across the fuses for the pic. Negative connected to strut tower ground bolt. Positive to closest to firewall positive terminal in fuse box. My tender connector has a fairly long stiff part so that post locates the connector farther down in the cover where it is wider. Connector for the tender gets tucked behind the fuse box between it and the rail the fuse box is bolted to.

1611519637998.png
Sponsored

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
As has been written in many other posts on this subject, I connect the positive directly to battery terminal. And the negative goes on the strut tower. I use one of the Noco connectors that stays permanently attached, and tucked under the battery cover. This way it avoids the BMS from misreading the battery state of charge. You can also attach the positive to the fuse box terminal(#1 or most left). But I like using the battery terminal because it kept things neat, and everything tucks under the battery cover when not in use.
This whole topic has been discussed here, with many pictures: installing battery tenders | 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1) - Mustang6G.com

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I thought this subject was over 🙂

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
So question, my car says it’s fully charged using either my chargers, and it’s on battery tender now. Overnight etc.

It won’t and hasn’t charged over 12.1, like that’s max the tenders takes them too.

It was same on top post, and I moved earlier to
Fuse box and that ground and now says full again.

12.1 on dash with car off.

Is this battery shot? What is your volts with accessory on, but not
Started fully charged?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
0E3EB616-A621-416A-8D22-AA3E2ECCE175.jpeg
E669F447-109E-408F-B4C9-412C7CC6568C.jpeg
I recommend load testing the battery itself.
I lied, when I had it using actual battery, it was 12.1

Anyway it’s been connected new way you guys told me, strut tower bolt Meg and positive fuse box

Just looked been about hour or two. It’s at 12.7

So it’s perfect

I just locked car for next 8 hours o read that resets the bms battery management system. Thanks guys! Overnight my tender will get it to where needs to be

I stowed some excess via zip tie loosely in the area pictured

0E3EB616-A621-416A-8D22-AA3E2ECCE175.jpeg

E669F447-109E-408F-B4C9-412C7CC6568C.jpeg

D4868EFA-6A07-4DBA-A1EA-FEEA8F091109.jpeg

E28A63A0-44B7-4AB3-9D33-2033A50D8F67.jpeg

Last edited:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
So it’s perfect
Before you check the battery all surface charge from the battery must be removed to allow for an accurate reading. To do this, the headlights should be turned on for about two minutes, then turned off.

Sponsored

dps

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition; 2021 GTS 4.0
Fuse box cover propped up for the picture and tender connector laying across the fuses for the pic. Negative connected to strut tower ground bolt. Positive to closest to firewall positive terminal in fuse box. My tender connector has a fairly long stiff part so that post locates the connector farther down in the cover where it is wider. Connector for the tender gets tucked behind the fuse box between it and the rail the fuse box is bolted to.

1611519637998.png
Nice cross-brace and valve covers. Are they oxford white or Wimbledon white?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Nice cross-brace and valve covers. Are they oxford white or Wimbledon white?
Thanks.

Matches the car. Oxford White with Velocity Blue stripes. Lettering is VB and Race Red.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Several people have mentioned that this topic is finished but I never the less do not get why it is best to use the vehicle battery management system to interfere with the battery function when the car is turned off. To my mind they are two different things and are better working independently of each other so that the dedicated battery charger (in my case Ctek) does it's job how it was designed to do and while the car is being driven the BMS does it's job with the alternator charging.
If I am not seeing something important please correct me.

Last edited:

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Several people have mentioned that this topic is finished but I never the less do not get why it is best to use the vehicle battery management system to interfere with the battery function when the car is turned off. To my mind they are two different things and are better working independently of each other so that the dedicated battery charger (in my case Ctek) does it's job how it was designed to do and while the car is being driven the BMS does it's job with the alternator charging.
If I am not seeing something important please correct me.
The BMS is there to make sure that the battery is properly charged and it can't do its job if you sneak in behind it and charge the battery directly at the battery terminals. If the BMS doesn't know you've charged the battery, then the BMS will charge it even more when you start the engine. The BMS is smart, but it's not psychic.
Sponsored