Sponsored

B&O 10" sub replacement guide

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
B&O amp is mounted in the driver's side footwell. You could still use your Shaker amp to drive a B&O Sub set-up if you really wanted to.

You think the mounting bolts for the box are the same?

Mine does have the amp on the back of the box. Is the B&O amp somewhere esle?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gregs24

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
well, in theory, if you was to take out the 4 ohm b,o and replace with a 2ohm sub, It would get twice the output.

correct? just like going from 2 ohm to 4 ohm would cut its output in half.
It would if the amp can take the lower impedance

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback
Reading this all with interest. I have a 2016 GT with the Shaker system. So to sum up what should i replace the Sub with ? A Pioneer ?

Also, at the same time if I upgraded the other speakers and tweeters in the cabin, what is a good upgrade on this ?

Thanks

ninjacoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
Reading this all with interest. I have a 2016 GT with the Shaker system. So to sum up what should i replace the Sub with ? A Pioneer ?

Also, at the same time if I upgraded the other speakers and tweeters in the cabin, what is a good upgrade on this ?

Thanks
This thread is specific to the 19+ B and O system. The shaker has a different subwoofer impedance and voice coils

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
This thread is specific to the 19+ B and O system. The shaker has a different subwoofer impedance and voice coils
It's also 8" I believe.....

Sponsored

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Has anyone measured the volume of the B&O enclosure yet?

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge

Thanks
I went with a 8" Pioneer with my shaker system and it was a nice upgrade over stock but nothing to brag about. lol

gpierce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Guess I need to find a used box and see if it bolts in the same location.
Look at post number 1 in this thread. The three bolts you see are how it mounts. I think it's different to the shaker

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2019-mustang-b-o-subwoofer.127750/

I'm 100% sure it will fit in the same location, but I think you might have to find a different way mount it. Does that bottom part of the Shaker come off and bolt down in front like the B&O? Maybe the top right bolt is in the same spot but it's hard to tell for sure. First pic, B&O. Second, Shaker.

IMG_0061.jpg

sub.JPG

Sponsored

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I'm 100% sure it will fit in the same location, but I think you might have to find a different way mount it. Does that bottom part of the Shaker come off and bolt down in front like the B&O? Maybe the top right bolt is in the same spot but it's hard to tell for sure.
Yes, the bottom part of the Shaker sub comes off first as it only covers the two bolts that bolt down the sub enclosure the same way the B&O enclosure does. I don't know if the B&O will fit though.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I doubted if there were any changes to the trunk interior. The B&O should physically fit in the same space.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
^^^^

@BlownGP @gpierce @m3incorp @Cathul

FYI, The B&O 10" sub uses the same mounting holes as the 8" Shaker Pro sub. I swapped the 8" Shaker Pro sub enclosure with JL 8w3v3-4 in my car to a 10" B&O enclosure with JL 10w1v3-4. I'll post some pics tomorrow. The only issue is the trunk liner leaves a visible gap near the bottom 2 sub mounting locations so you can see the bare metal underneath. The Shaker Pro sub has another plastic trim piece to cover that gap

Last edited:

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Some pics.

20210607_125337.jpg

20210607_125345.jpg

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
How does that sound compared to stock?

curious. I am massive JL fan, so seeing this makes me happy. I am assuming sounds quite good, but if using stock amp, constrained on power. man, a small power upgrade would rock it.
Sponsored