Sponsored

B&O 10" sub replacement guide

Mat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mathew
Vehicle(s)
You have to combine the two positive together and the two negative together.
Thank you, it was kind of confusing me.
Is the amp sub connection, a 4ohm?
As wasn't sure what would happen if I paired them together.
Sponsored

dB Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT Vert 6M PP MagRide AE FPTune Vel./Mid.Blue
So just to review, do you need to remove the subwoofer enclosure from the car to do the Pioneer/new driver install? Or is it possible to replace the driver without removing the enclosure?

Probably a basic question that has been covered before, but this thread has grown to 350+, and I couldn't find it.

Thanks for the help!

gpierce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
So just to review, do you need to remove the subwoofer enclosure from the car to do the Pioneer/new driver install? Or is it possible to replace the driver without removing the enclosure?

Probably a basic question that has been covered before, but this thread has grown to 350+, and I couldn't find it.

Thanks for the help!
Yes it’s possible, but probably a lot easier to remove. On my Vert its only 3 easily accessible bolts.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
It is much easier to replace with the sub enclosure removed. Like stated above, only 1 minute to remove the enclosure.

Thanks for the help!

ninjacoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
Finished mine up. Cracked the trim ring removing it so I just added this grill off of Amazon. Very happy with the noticabke improvement in bass quality. I’m no audiophile so that’s about the best description I can give lol.
61FA4199-E00D-4A21-8A15-946C07ADB6C8.jpeg

Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Finished mine up. Cracked the trim ring removing it so I just added this grill off of Amazon. Very happy with the noticabke improvement in bass quality. I’m no audiophile so that’s about the best description I can give lol.
Nice! Do you have a link to this?

ninjacoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
So, a little off topic.
I have a 2015 with shaker system. I swapped the stock sub to a poinner and it sounds better not really great but a good bit better than stock

I didn't know the B&O system had a 10" sub. Will this sub box bolt into a 2015 and use the same power connection?

I would much rather have a 10" sub.

Thanks

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge

Dave2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1
So, a little off topic.
I have a 2015 with shaker system. I swapped the stock sub to a poinner and it sounds better not really great but a good bit better than stock

I didn't know the B&O system had a 10" sub. Will this sub box bolt into a 2015 and use the same power connection?

I would much rather have a 10" sub.

Thanks
At the risk of possibly devaluing the Mustang im going to go ahead and say it anyway...

I have a 19 GT with the B&O sound system and i can say unequivocally and without any doubt that it is inferior to the Shaker system in every way. I despise the sound that comes out of the B&O speakers. It would be a waste of your time and money to put this sub in your car.

Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Holy cow thanks for sharing. I also broke my pins but it's mostly on OK enough, I was cool with it.

But this honestly just looks good. I am doing this. Thanks!

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
At the risk of possibly devaluing the Mustang im going to go ahead and say it anyway...

I have a 19 GT with the B&O sound system and i can say unequivocally and without any doubt that it is inferior to the Shaker system in every way. I despise the sound that comes out of the B&O speakers. It would be a waste of your time and money to put this sub in your car.
LOL.. It's all good. Hey every has opinions and info. Thats what this site is for.

I was going to change out the 10" stock sub for a Pioneer like in this thread. I just didn't know if the box bolted up the same and has the same connector.

Then I also see the Shaker sub is 2ohm and B&O is 4ohm so not sure how that would work.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
The sub enclosure will physically fit. I would think the wiring would be similar, maybe not the exact same plug, but you could splice. If I remember right, the shaker has it's amp in the trunk? This would make it super easy to get a signal. Not that it is hard if it isn''t in the trunk.

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
The sub enclosure will physically fit. I would think the wiring would be similar, maybe not the exact same plug, but you could splice. If I remember right, the shaker has it's amp in the trunk? This would make it super easy to get a signal. Not that it is hard if it isn''t in the trunk.
You think the mounting bolts for the box are the same?

Mine does have the amp on the back of the box. Is the B&O amp somewhere esle?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
LOL.. It's all good. Hey every has opinions and info. Thats what this site is for.

I was going to change out the 10" stock sub for a Pioneer like in this thread. I just didn't know if the box bolted up the same and has the same connector.

Then I also see the Shaker sub is 2ohm and B&O is 4ohm so not sure how that would work.
well, in theory, if you was to take out the 4 ohm b,o and replace with a 2ohm sub, It would get twice the output.

correct? just like going from 2 ohm to 4 ohm would cut its output in half.
Sponsored