N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
With the 10R80 4th & 5th have a distinct advantage over the MT82 by way of rev drop. 6R80 all gears are at a disadvantage to the MT82, except for first. Back to the 10R80 4th & 5th gear it's like 1300 rpm higher in the RPM band. I'd call that a huge A-D-V-A-N-T-A-G-E.
Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Last edited:

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
News Flash.... Just in

"A modern Mustang is NOT A MUSCLE CAR".

A manual box wont make it so.​

Sponsored

PHILTHY_PONY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
13.5 was the best? Must have all been driven by auto guys.😂
Yeah few were doing burnouts like they were John Force about to click off a 4-5s pass, you could eat a sandwich between shifts and best part was they'd do a run and line up again over and over hit lapping it not giving it chance to cool down. 😆

Stangygt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang gt pp1
It’s really kind of like;

Automatic

7CFF0A41-EDA8-48B3-A769-029A5002BB4C.png

Manual

2A4C3839-BBB5-4E51-A787-993F1C037D5B.png

Automatic may be faster and win more, but manual is a helluva lot more fun!
I must say even though 10speed auto is faster than manual , stock! My cars has been to the shop multiple times for tranny issues ! Metal shavings

Stangygt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang gt pp1
if you hit the accelerate while it’s dropping back into gear the computer has a delay and you will feel something slam in the transmission ! That’s the only drawback ! You have to baby it

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
and best part was they'd do a run and line up again over and over hit lapping it not giving it chance to cool down
so you're admitting Ford designed a weak-ass "muscle" car that needs extensive downtime to cool down between runs lasting all of 13 seconds? I wonder why drag strips don't put in an oval for cars to circulate at 30mph so you know the Mach1's purported "most track ready" coolers actually have air-flow thru them...

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
My cars has been to the shop multiple times for tranny issues ! Metal shavings
Wait until/if you boost it, you'll grow to hate the 10R80 real quick haha.

PHILTHY_PONY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
so you're admitting Ford designed a weak-ass "muscle" car that needs extensive downtime to cool down between runs lasting all of 13 seconds? I wonder why drag strips don't put in an oval for cars to circulate at 30mph so you know the Mach1's purported "most track ready" coolers actually have air-flow thru them...
I never said they designed a weak ass car every car needs to cool down you can't run 5-6× and expect it to get better time. They need time to cool down the heat is not your friend at drag racing well any racing for that matter. I will do 3 runs or so then let my car cool down as their's no point in continuing over and over while it's getting hotter each time. I've never had an issue with overheating or my trans not working right due to getting crazy hot but I'm not going to deliberately run it continuously knowing I'm not getting a better time it's both hard on the car and waste of time. The 10spd auto has been running in mid to low 11s with proper tire, and minor mods like bmr lockout kit and diff bushings etc so not too shabby for a cheap muscle car that you can drive to the track run it several times then drive home...... well hopefully. Lol

2018Creamsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury GT Premium Vert
I know the 10 speed auto is faster, but I don’t care. It was the biggest mistake I ever made. I hated our 18 vert. I loved every manual Mustang we’ve had the last 15 years or so. The automatic just took all the fun out of it for me. That‘s the main reason I sold it. That and the ridiculously high offer from carmax. Lol Now the wife and I are struggling with what to replace it with.

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 California GT: Black
I
I know the 10 speed auto is faster, but I don’t care. It was the biggest mistake I ever made. I hated our 18 vert. I loved every manual Mustang we’ve had the last 15 years or so. The automatic just took all the fun out of it for me. That‘s the main reason I sold it. That and the ridiculously high offer from carmax. Lol Now the wife and I are struggling with what to replace it with.
I'm not anti auto, but I test drove a black auto and it was a bit meh,
Bought a black manual and love it

Given the above I probably would have more fun driving a manual corolla over a auto mustang
Sponsored