Automatic or Manual

Automatic or Manual?

• Total voters

Blithe16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT '19 a10
We like to make things at least at least semi-automated. In reality, our job descriptions are continuously variable. Sometimes we have a real clutch moment, and other days we get bogged down. What really gets us torqued up is when someone tries to convert our output into something it was never designed to do.
I see what you did there.... people who work in technology are like a Mustang engine? No.. the transmission? I don't know how cars work, the steering wheel right. :giggle:
Sponsored

BLM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Convertible/ 69 Chevelle SS
The traffic argument is trivial with these newer mustangs. Easiest manuals ever.
Is not a matter of difficulty. It’s a matter of repetition. Trust me I’ve driven manuals through more rush hour jambs than I care to remember.

jimroth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Convertible 401A P8F Rapid Red
It's my first manual in more than a decade. I love it. It makes the experience more involving and fun. Every trip out is more of an adventure.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Is not a matter of difficulty. It’s a matter of repetition. Trust me I’ve driven manuals through more rush hour jambs than I care to remember.
Sometimes I'll do everyone's favorite and leave it in first gear and leave like 10 car lengths in front of me. Nice constant slow speed is nice sometimes.

Sponsored

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Sometimes I'll do everyone's favorite and leave it in first gear and leave like 10 car lengths in front of me. Nice constant slow speed is nice sometimes.
People get so annoyed when I do that. Like mofo, we're not going anywhere there's traffic whether I cruise or follow ppl closely.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
People get so annoyed when I do that. Like mofo, we're not going anywhere there's traffic whether I cruise or follow ppl closely.
Yep! They flip me off as they pass me and I wink and blow kisses back. Also uses less brakes that way too and gives a little air to the engine. And usually the person right behind me is going absolutely insane while others get in front of me. And all they're doing is rewarding me for that behavior.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
How about the assholes that absolutely MUST squeeze in front of you because you made the mistake of leaving enough physical space to fit a car :angry:
Omg I absolutely hate that shit. But when traffic starts moving I go to the other lane and make sure they're stuck in that lousy lane. I guess 🐓 blocking? Or car blocking I'm not sure what the term is. 😆

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
How about the assholes that absolutely MUST squeeze in front of you because you made the mistake of leaving enough physical space to fit a car :angry:
I just slow way down and let them in. I generally don't have to be anywhere ever so on the freeway I drive like a grandpa and make people sick with how courteous I am. Now off the freeway I'm completely opposite and make up all the time and then some. Just last week I passed some slow mofos by crossing double yellow and letting them hear a pissed off V8. I will say there have been a few leos parked along my usual playground recently so the Mexican borders gotta move.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Yep! They flip me off as they pass me and I wink and blow kisses back. Also uses less brakes that way too and gives a little air to the engine. And usually the person right behind me is going absolutely insane while others get in front of me. And all they're doing is rewarding me for that behavior.
When they get next to me I just pretend like nothing happened and keep listening to my music or pretend like I'm doing something important in the car. I'm pretty sure ppl flipped me off numerous times but nofucksgiven

Sponsored

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
The 10 speed automatic can't survive full load for more than a few laps, can't race when you're going all out for 20, 30, 45 minutes.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I just slow way down and let them in. I generally don't have to be anywhere ever so on the freeway I drive like a grandpa and make people sick with how courteous I am. Now off the freeway I'm completely opposite and make up all the time and then some. Just last week I passed some slow mofos by crossing double yellow and letting them hear a pissed off V8. I will say there have been a few leos parked along my usual playground recently so the Mexican borders gotta move.
I like going fast under bridges even in traffic once I'm like 20-30 cars ahead, that exhaust sound is awesome even in 3rd gear. I shift pretty fast and smooth so it's hella fun. Every day is practice and you learn something new.

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Manual for me, but if I used it as daily commuter I'd prob rethink that. While I'm used to sitting in traffic with a manual and don't mind, having an auto in those situations is pretty nice. So depends on the individual.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
When they get next to me I just pretend like nothing happened and keep listening to my music or pretend like I'm doing something important in the car. I'm pretty sure ppl flipped me off numerous times but nofucksgiven
When they pull up next to me, I stare into their soul. Ghost Rider Penance Stare. Also no fucks given.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
When they pull up next to me, I stare into their soul. Ghost Rider Penance Stare. Also no fucks given.
Nahhh these days I don't do eye contact. I'd rather talk to myself or act crazy while they're watching me or giving me the stank eye.
Sponsored