• Total voters

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
If I was to buy a 2017 or down it would most likely be a manual. The A10 was just too good to pass up though.

FinitePrimus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
If I was to buy a 2017 or down it would most likely be a manual. The A10 was just too good to pass up though.
2018+ has a less enthusiastic manual gearing as well. The auto will provide better acceleration feel and more butt dyno fun. Explained at the 14 minute mark.

Last edited:

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Or we don’t care about racing fuckbois off the line?...
It's not just off the line, it's overall speed. Also the A10 is faster around a road course for all you turny fuckbois.

And if you don't care about speed, why did you buy a 400+ hp car?

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
It's not just off the line, it's overall speed. Also the A10 is faster around a road course for all you turny fuckbois.

I assure you I go plenty fast enough. And I love the twists, I spend most of the time with her on mountain roads.

But for me, I’m not doing a time attack.. who am I racing? It’s about driving the car.. so the additional speed I would get with the Auto isn’t worth the joy I would lose not having the manual.

Seriously... if this needs to be explained then it’s not something you will understand..

And guess what beats every single one of those auto cars? A manual motorcycle..... 🤷‍♂️

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6

1. Sound of the Coyote
2. Great car to look at
3. Handles great
4. Maintenance cheaper than Euro cars
5. Has a choice in transmission and I chose my preference
6. TONS of mods
7. Could afford it
Bonus. 6G forum is pretty cool

As far as speed goes, going 155 (speed limiter) on a 2 lane wooded road put the fear in me. Nothing happened thankfully but since then, only gone 135 on a much more open road. It's all about acceleration and sound for me and transmission doesn't change how the butt dyno feels it. I did actually test drive both offerings before ordering my car and have and will continue to say the A10 is a badass automatic transmission, but still an auto when I prefer manual.

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1

I assure you I go plenty fast enough. And I love the twists, I spend most of the time with her on mountain roads.

But for me, I’m not doing a time attack.. who am I racing? It’s about driving the car.. so the additional speed I would get with the Auto isn’t worth the joy I would lose not having the manual.

Seriously... if this needs to be explained then it’s not something you will understand..

And guess what beats every single one of those auto cars? A manual motorcycle..... 🤷‍♂️
i was about to type a response and then thought of this and said "what's the point of responding anyways"

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT

Oh shit! Your a Mass hole!?! Should have lead with that.... there’s no mountain roads there... I was born in NH, got out soon as I could.

I understand you guys drive fast in Mass, but out here in Cali it’s next level.

My dad who is a life long trucker in the NY/NE area after his visit.

“Dude! you gotta be a fuckin race car driver to live in California”

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Please refer to this thread, all you need to know.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/1-4-mile-fast-list-3-0.153049/

The top 24 are all auto, and only 2 out of the top 30 are manuals.

You guys must realllly have alot of fun with those manuals for all the slow that comes with them.
All the slow that comes with doing your own shifting is still more satisfying than all the fast that having somebody else work out your shifting for you can give you. At any power level.

Feel free to drive right past me in any competitive driving environment you care to name. Just keep in mind that in otherwise identical cars it won't be you beating me.

Norm
Sponsored