Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Here’s one more tip:
ALWAYS wipe the inside glass side to side
and the outside glass top to bottom.
then - if you have streak, you will immediately know which side it’s on.
put me down as another “Invisible glass” fan. I use a set of dedicated microfibers that are -only- used on glass. And as others have mentioned - never ever use fabric softener on any of your microfibers.
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
put me down as another “Invisible glass” fan. I use a set of dedicated microfibers that are -only- used on glass.
BINGO!
I use the Invisible Glass Clean N repel, mostly for the daily driver as the Mustang never sees wet weather/wet pavement. The Clean N Repel works amazingly for keeping the glass beading and easier to see out of, especially when it is dark out.

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible
Here’s one more tip:
ALWAYS wipe the inside glass side to side
and the outside glass top to bottom.
then - if you have streak, you will immediately know which side it’s on.
put me down as another “Invisible glass” fan. I use a set of dedicated microfibers that are -only- used on glass. And as others have mentioned - never ever use fabric softener on any of your microfibers.
Side to side, and top to bottom…..that is brilliant!! I’ll use that next time! 😀

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I don't get the newspaper thing. Whenever I crumple a piece of newspaper, I get ink on my hands. Wouldn't you smear that black stuff all over the windscreen if you wiped it with it? How can a dirty thing that leaks ink be good for cleaning anything?

Last edited:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
The best lens cleaner I have for my GoPro is one of those pens with a pad on the end that contains carbon.

I wonder if the old black and white paper ink was carbon based and worked in a similar way to the lens pen ?

WD :like:

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I don't get the newspaper thing. Whenever I crumple a piece of newspaper, I get ink all over my hands. Wouldn't you smear that black stuff all over the windscreen if you wiped it with it? How can a dirty thing that leaks ink be good for cleaning anything?
I always shake my head at the newspaper thing as well. The chemical used in it that made it suitable for glass cleaning was removed many, many years ago.

https://www.homefresh.sg/blog/5-reasons-you-should-stop-using-newspapers-to-clean-glass

"Back in the day, newspapers were printed with petroleum based oil ink. That is the same class of oil that goes into glass polish and gives glass a beautiful sheen. Then, in the 1970s and 1980s, newspapers worldwide began switching to soy ink in the face of rising environmental concerns associated with petroleum based inks and because it was cheaper. With this new vegetable ink, newspapers have lost their ability to polish glass like it used to. It might have worked for your parents and grandparents generation, but sadly the formula has changed."

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Love the look of crystal clean glass.

IMG_0715.jpg

In terms of using Eraser for glass cleaning, being alcohol based like Stoners, it works very well at this task.
Damn - I love that car

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Invisible glass, magic eraser, buff with dry microfiber.
Awesome!

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Old school method - clean once with glass cleaner and paper towels.

Go over the glass again with glass cleaner but substitute newsprint (or similar) for the paper towels.

Try it.
Newspaper [how many of us have these any more?] is the best on glass to leave it streak free. No special polishes or towels. It works. Makes your hands dirty but works on glass.

Sponsored

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Warm water and a couple of drops of Dawn Dish detergent. Two Microfiber clothes. One to apply and one to dry. Dawn works great, cuts through any film, dirt etc. and no streaks.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I think most of us who are OCD about glass, have a system as witnessed by the number of replies to this thread. However, for the newspaper crowd, I'm pretty sure someone here debunked that idea due to potential scratching.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Paper is pretty good, towels or newspaper, if it were true either could scratch glass.

You would not be able to use the windshield wipers on dirty glass, not even once. It takes some grit or a diamond to scratch glass.

I'm surprised, or I'm taking tung in check seriously?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60