Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
White vinegar works great.
There are several levels of "white vinegar". The standard "Cleaning" vinegar has an approx 6-8% acidity. This is commonly sold by places like WalMart. In fact, I don't believe what they sell is even marked as to acidity level. Using a good class leaner will perform well so I don't see the real benefit of using any type of vinegar foor windows. I don't use real cleaning vinegar on anything for my car anyway.

For interior glass, I use Invisible Glass with a glass mf towel. Never try to clean glass insunlight. I start by using east to west motion, then to north to south motion, then circular motion. I repeat 3-6 times changing the glass mf cloth every 2nd cycle. If you smoke tobacco products don't bother cleaning your windows as you will develop lung cancer and won't care about your windows.
Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I recently tried out this CarPro GlassMitt -

https://carpro.global/catalog/glassmitt/
https://www.carpro-us.com/wash-mitts/carpro-glassmitt-new/
https://www.waxit.com.au/collections/new/products/carpro-glassmitt

IMG_0745.jpg

This microfiber mitt is double sided, the orange waffle weave side for the initial wipe and a dense grey side for the final buff.

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

To use, apply a couple of sprays of glass cleaner to the orange side, wipe the glass, flip your hand and wipe again with the dry grey side.

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

What I found with this mitt is that it holds it shape when in use, making great for getting right down into the very edges and base of the windscreen.

IMG_0962.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

Using this mitt eliminates having to have two separate towels on hand. The GlassMitt would be great for maintaining already "clean" glass. That said, if the glass is neglected or especially dirty, I would still use two separate towels.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Glass is a PIA, cannot imagine what it would be like with lovers.

I dry wipe the interior, before using a cleaner. The pie on a stick helps, goofy as it may be does the tight spots...

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Joker721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
01 Bullitt DHG, 2020 Camry WCP TRD
I use Meguair's perfect clarity glass cleaner. I start with these:

https://www.griotsgarage.com/pfm-dual-weave-glass-towels-set-of-4/

I make sure they are wet and spray the Meguairs glass cleaner on the windshield/side glass and go in a cross hatch pattern and then wipe with a plain white t shirt. The t shirt needs to be laundered without any dryer sheets since the dryer sheets have the oil or fragrance residue in them and can cause smearing or smudging. This has given me the best results and no streaking.

Meguair's PCGC above has given me the best results. Griots Garage glass cleaner and Stoner's Invisible glass would be 2nd and 3rd choices. Hope that helps.
Jim

Last edited:

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
I usually clean the interior 5-7 times before I consider it clean. Because my car is a convertible, it gets more road grime etc.

carpro-clarify-streak-free-glass-cleaner-31.jpg

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
I clean my glass with 90% ipa and distilled water. Exterior gets clayed, post car washing, then ipo, and then spray wax/detailer. Interior is just blue shop paper towel and ipo mix. No streaks, not screwing up my $1k tint job

Last edited:

Doug T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
My buddy and I split a case of invisible glass after hearing how great it was. I wasn't impressed. It is really streaky unless you rub the crap out of it. After trying a lot of different cleaners I swear by Armor all glass cleaner. Relatively cheap and readily available. Will be trying Sprayway just to see if there's something better. I see many "Pros" raving about it. Also I only use ammonia free cleaners. Hope this helps.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
My buddy and I split a case of invisible glass after hearing how great it was. I wasn't impressed. It is really streaky unless you rub the crap out of it.
The foam version or liquid version? The foam works better.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
My buddy and I split a case of invisible glass after hearing how great it was. I wasn't impressed. It is really streaky unless you rub the crap out of it. After trying a lot of different cleaners I swear by Armor all glass cleaner. Relatively cheap and readily available. Will be trying Sprayway just to see if there's something better. I see many "Pros" raving about it. Also I only use ammonia free cleaners. Hope this helps.
Spray way is all we use. You'll like it.

Doug T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I had two cans of the spray foam that stopped spraying then got I the spray. Some may like it but it's not for me. Can't wait to try the spray way. It actually just got here today in the mail. And yes a waffle weave works better than traditional microfiber. One wet for cleaning, one for drying. Meguiars has a specialty rag for windows that actually works quite well. It's a little coarse and cleans as well as dries.

Cruizer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I updated to Invisible Glass as well. I would clean and get a fog on the windshield within a week. Invisible glass removed that fog completely. I still use the two microfiber cloths approach.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Glass will always be a struggle with the off gassing of todays plastic interiors.
Sponsored