Sponsored

Anyone else not get active exhaust?

LaMustang62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, Motorcycle
I have had my GT for a year and a half and I use the exhaust modes every time I drive the car. Set it according to my mood! I also have quiet mode set from 9 pm to 8 am, but sometimes I switch to it quiet in the middle of the day. As someone else mentioned, Roush sells a system if you feel you must need it. AE wasnā€™t an option on the 2017 and older cars, but Ford Performance made an exhaust for them, so I installed it on my 2017 GT. Only issue was I had a base, and it was only for a premium. (Needed a premium because the kit came with the GT350 rear valance.)Since I didnā€™t have a premium, I had to buy a premium bumper cover and have it painted to match. You donā€™t even want to know how much it cost me to add AE to my 2017 GT! It was worth it to me, I loved being able to switch between the two modes depending on my mood. I wouldnā€™t buy a mustang without AE. Doug
Good to know as I am specing out an order
Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
They may not say it, but all your neighbors HATE hearing it.
My neighbor stopped me a couple days ago to tell me how much he loved hearing my car start up. If your neighbors donā€™t like your car you need new neighbors šŸ˜‚

Tib

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Like I mentioned, I wasn't looking for it, but do use it as it was on the car when I bought used. In the mornings, it is nice at 6am to roll quietly. Lunch or on the way home, switch it to track. Would I miss it if I didn't have it, nope. My other toys are loud and don't have any time of AE. My GSX-R with a full Akropovic Race Exhaust is loud and I'm not aware of any neighbor complaints.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Quite mode talk is interesting. My Harley Davidson is not quiet and no one says anything about the noise on start up. Now I don't sit and throttle the thing in garage or driveway. Challenger doesn't have it. I too am curious is this is really something that is used after 6 months or more of ownership
I use it constantly over the past 3 years. It's great. Quiet for driveway warm up, quiet for conversing with passengers, normal for a little normalcy, sport to be sporty, track when being aggressive. Basically, lots of personalities.

Sponsored

Marsalad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mazda MX-5
I use it constantly over the past 3 years. It's great. Quiet for driveway warm up, quiet for conversing with passengers, normal for a little normalcy, sport to be sporty, track when being aggressive. Basically, lots of personalities.
I have a wife and three adult daughters. Iā€™m basically surrounded by multiple personalities. My Mustang does not have AE.

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
Ive been coming round to the adaptive term in AE.
Any mode it seems gets pretty loud when you accelerate hard.
The settings seem to be more how quiet it is in the lower rpm range,
IE it adapts to throttle position, and if you hold it there ... eg.

Normal is a good compromise between nice tone, and loud when accelerating.
Quiet is great for early morning starts. Have schedule enabled,

whats nice is to have the mustang sound, without the problems that come with some aftermarket choices. highway drone, raspy moments, etc.

Think one would be hard pressed to get aftermarket installed for $1000 (cdn) option price.

One issue is having to go into the menus for sport or track.
Guess track is meant for just that ... sure Ford knows you give em the option itll get used ... but a bit more inconvenient to access.

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
Personally, I love my AE and I do use various modes from time to time. Living in Toronto, it really helps when driving by cops where I live (lots of riced out cars ripping down my street on the daily).

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
on the EB it's useful but the GT, meh. Unless you're crawling out of the neighborhood at 4:30am the stock with Steeda H-pipe is the nuts.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
When I was looking for a used S550, I wasn't shopping for one with AE, but the Mustang that had every other option I wanted ended up having it. It has it's pro's and also has it's con's depending on the individual. It's nice for early mornings when you don't want to wake the neighborhood but I can see those that flip it to track every time. Also, many have installed cat-backs without keeping AE by relocating the servo's with AWE's bracket so they don't get any codes/lights.

I have never ordered a car, do you know if you can still update your order if that's the route you want to go?

One does not need to tie up the servo. The car will learn that aren't there and ignore them thus no error is seen.

Reactions: Tib

Sponsored

Hoose71

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
84, 13, 13, 21, 22 Mustangs, 72 Nova Rally
My neighbor stopped me a couple days ago to tell me how much he loved hearing my car start up. If your neighbors donā€™t like your car you need new neighbors šŸ˜‚
My neighbor drives a Tesla. Everytime I hear it start up and drive away it makes me sad inside. I need new neighbors too! :crackup:

Fastoldman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver Mach 1, 13 Viper GTS, 22 Ram CC
Dear Hoose, just be thankful you have such incredible hearing, because when my neighbor starts his Tesla and drives away I don't hear a dang thing -- in fact I am not sure he has left the house, or returned or anything. Damn guy is so quiet , I just don't trust him, and the only time he smiles and waves at us is when my wife or I use our electric weedwhacker.

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT / 68 Mustang Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Quiet early morning startups, quiet when I want to f*ck with a ricer and not bring notice, quiet when the po-po is looking for any reason to pull someone over...

... and loud as f*ck all other times.

I love it.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Dear Hoose, just be thankful you have such incredible hearing, because when my neighbor starts his Tesla and drives away I don't hear a dang thing -- in fact I am not sure he has left the house, or returned or anything. Damn guy is so quiet , I just don't trust him, and the only time he smiles and waves at us is when my wife or I use our electric weedwhacker.
LMAO ^
Weedwhacker makes him randy.. most likely humps pole lamps at night.
Sponsored