Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Good idea, Dev, if it applies to you. For me, everything says Tejas. :-) But I AM going to re-think my wallet organization. <chuckling> MOF, I think I'll go do that right now.
Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I dont use a wallet, but I keep my MIL Id on top of the rest of the stack, and make sure its the 1st thing he see's - i hold my hands up rather high when flipping through it- and its worked several times. however, this was never when in a sporty car, always a truck.. i rarely speed in a fast car

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I got out of several tickets that got reduced to warnings through being either active duty or a veteran. I’m always polite and courteous, many of these police officers are car enthusiasts.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I dont use a wallet, but I keep my MIL Id on top of the rest of the stack, and make sure its the 1st thing he see's - i hold my hands up rather high when flipping through it- and its worked several times. however, this was never when in a sporty car, always a truck.. i rarely speed in a fast car
Or have anything to drink for that matter. Your chances of getting pulled over in one of these things is exponential.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Well I got snagged once. I was caught in NY doing 75 in a 55 @2am. I should have been done dead to rights, but luckily I had a client/friend whos wife was a cop who ended up giving me a card with her name & number written on it, and when I was stopped, they didnt even ask me if I knew why they stopped me, we all kinda knew, all he asked me was where was i going in such a hurry, mind you I was weaving in and out of lanes getting past "slow" drivers. Told him I was just trying to get home after leaving my GF's house after seeing a movie and my daughter was asleep in the back seat (She's 12). Asked for my docs and I remembered I had my friends wifes card, slipped that under my DL looked at it went back to his car, came back 2 mins later and said "drive slower, goodnight". I must have looked like a deer in lights when he handed me back my docs, said thank you and kept if at the speed limit the rest of the way home. Called my client/friend and thanked him and his wife cause that card saved my ass that night.

Sponsored

93_SVT_3503

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2013 King Ranch Expedition, 1967 Ford Bronco half-cab, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 1967 F250 Highboy

Only when your'e slaying M5's in Mexico? :giggle: :rockon:

93_SVT_3503

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2013 King Ranch Expedition, 1967 Ford Bronco half-cab, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 1967 F250 Highboy
My old man is a Veteran Service Officer and that's the first thing he usually does when people come in is have them update their driver's license to show veteran/military status. He's said it's helped out quite a few guys.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
KB;

When I was going to the Terlingua event in my 2007 GT500 in Tx last October, pulled up behind on a Officer doing 83 MPH on I-10 in a construction zone about 30 miles east of San Antonio. The radar detector was going nutz, but I had a lot of false signals on that trip and ignored it. Whoops!!! When I went to pass him thinking he was out of jurisdiction, he pulled me over.

The ticket would have been HUGE.

Hired a local attorney that some of my Texas Peeps recommended. It cost me Attorney fees, but attorney got charges dropped and payed a fine of $120. With the attorney fees and the fine, it was probably the same amount but no points or anything on my record.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Speaking from experience on the other side of these transactions:wink:. I can confirm some good tips are posted here. I will spare you the methods guaranteed to earn a ticket.

Sponsored
OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
When I was in high school, my Dad was the municipal judge for our area and I used to complain to him about police officers going super fast with no consequences.

Know what my Dad said?

"If you want to drive fast, be a cop."

He had me there. :-)

Thanks for chiming in, Patrick...sir. ;-)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
When I was in high school, my Dad was the municipal judge for our area and I used to complain to him about police officers going super fast with no consequences.

Know what my Dad said?

"If you want to drive fast, be a cop."

He had me there. :-)

Thanks for chiming in, Patrick...sir. ;-)
Not these days. I have friends who are officers and I would have them drive my 350s. They wouldn't speed in excess. I ask why? The answer is that these days, cops will write cops. It gets to their supervisor and they are in a pool of crap. So....

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Just another thing to consider. There is no "script" for any of these encounters. Local laws, policies, procedures, cultures, personalities, etc all have an impact on the outcome. Enjoy responsibly.

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
There is no "script" for any of these encounters.
Well said, Patrick and..

Tom: I shoot with a hand full of the guys from the PD and i've heard similar stories. But I also know at least two of them that are ALWAYS speeding in both their units and their own vehicles. I took one of them for a ride in my '14 not long after I got it and when I braked thinking that I saw a unit, my buddy laughed when I told him why I slowed down. At the time, he was the guy running the PD's range and the person to sign off every single one of them for all three service firearms. That probably helped his confidence when telling me not to worry about my speed.

But I uh..."totally" see how it could be much different today with the younger generation coming up in the ranks. It's been my observation that "ratting out" a friend isn't a big deal to many of them like it was/is to us.

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
No, you strategically place it in your wallet or folio so that when you go digging for your DL, the officer will see it. He will see it. I wouldn't hand it to him with your DL, he will see it and you wouldn't be flaunting it. I always mention that I have a CWP and there are no weapons in the car. I do believe when he runs your DL, it pops up that you have a CWP. If you don't mention it, then he may ask if there are any weapons in the car. The downside is that if there are, he may ask you to step out of the vehicle.

That has not ever happened to me however but that is what I have been told. The last time I was pulled over was on my way home from MCO. I was in my uniform. They had an airplane up in the air timing vehicles as they passed the white lines on the road. I wasn't going too fast, maybe 10 over. There were about 10 cops waiting up the road and they were radio'd by the aircraft.

So he asks for my stuff and says wait here. I fumble around with a strategic shuffle past my military ID (long pause). He said "I see that". He said I'll talk to the officer up in the airplane, its not up to me.

He came back and said "see that airplane up there"? I said yes. He said "that guy is a navy pilot, he told me to tell you that he cant believe an air force pilot would drive like that. Have a good day".

Always have your hands on the wheel. When he asks for whatever, tell him you will remove your hand from the wheel and go (wherever your stuff is) to get it. Make slow and deliberate moves. They appreciate that and usually if you are courteous, they cut you slack.
Great story but seriously, all that fucking around to avoid a ticket, just pay up already!
Sponsored