Sponsored

Advice on buying 5.0?

Exodus5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Definitely order to the specs you want or at least get the stuff that can’t be added later.

I wound up ordering a 2022 Oxford white Gt 401a, with A10, active exhaust, B&O, and 3.55s. It was around 54k with ttnl, and the discounts and current rebates from the dealer dropped it almost 5k and I’m putting down 10% as well.
Discounts and rebates? Is that a Texas thing? I'm going to order d-plan in NC and I'm not seeing any deals. They dealers don't really seem motivated to get me to order through them either. More of a "you want to order? Come by when I have free time and I'll do it begrudgingly".
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Discounts and rebates? Is that a Texas thing?
there is a $1000 Ford factory discount for placing an order. If you can't go as far as Horsham PA for your car, maybe you can deal with places in Virginia?

Exodus5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
there is a $1000 Ford factory discount for placing an order. If you can't go as far as Horsham PA for your car, maybe you can deal with places in Virginia?
Ok. Yeah, I found that. Seems it’s only for really big cities like LA, Detroit and Philadelphia.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok. Yeah, I found that. Seems it’s only for really big cities like LA, Detroit and Philadelphia.
Rubbish. Any dealer size/loc can do it.

Well shoot, Ford silently changed the discount down to $500 at some point recently. Bastards.

Place a new vehicle retail order for a 2022 Ford Mustang®, Bronco® Sport, Escape®, Edge® or Explorer® through a local authorized Ford Dealer on or before 7/5/22 and receive a $500 Bonus Cash offer.

https://www.ford.com/custom-order/

Literally 2 weeks after I bought the left-over '21 EB I got a "private cash offer" of 2500/1250 from Ford.

Exodus5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Rubbish. Any dealer size/loc can do it.

Well shoot, Ford silently changed the discount down to $500 at some point recently. Bastards.

Place a new vehicle retail order for a 2022 Ford Mustang®, Bronco® Sport, Escape®, Edge® or Explorer® through a local authorized Ford Dealer on or before 7/5/22 and receive a $500 Bonus Cash offer.

https://www.ford.com/custom-order/

Literally 2 weeks after I bought the left-over '21 EB I got a "private cash offer" of 2500/1250 from Ford.
It shows me NO rebates. Only a great deal on APR!!!
image.jpg

Sponsored

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
According to my info, Ford program 38492 is now $500 on Mustang through 5/31/2022. SUVs still @ $1000 for the same period. I am in the Phila market

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
LOL believe me they don't get close to the pants with V8....haha
That's funny, I'm not like 'super' old yet at 36, and I've been married for some time, but I'm in OKC and I can't imagine anyone giving a crap what car you drive in the dating scene.

I can't honestly tell you you're wrong because I have no recent experience, but I'm thinking it might just be the crowd you are running with that's weird like that.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
It shows me NO rebates. Only a great deal on APR!!!
image.jpg
7.9% on a brand new car is "a great deal"? Maybe you're being sarcastic - LOL.

Go find a Credit Union which in many instances will have the best APR's or loan terms.

Exodus5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT

Go find a Credit Union which in many instances will have the best APR's or loan terms.
Yep. Sarcasm didn’t translate well.
I found that I needed to change my location (I was at work and it had my in Michigan). Once I did that it showed me a much lower financing rate and a $500 AND $1000 ordering rebate.

I’ll be submitting my order today

Doc2020GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP 2018 Explorer. 2012 Toyota Tacoma

First house I bought the mortgage rate was 12%. Remember the Jimmy Carter years? LOL

Sponsored

Exodus5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
First house I bought the mortgage rate was 12%. Remember the Jimmy Carter years? LOL
Yeah, but my credit union is 3.99 and when I put in a different zip code the offer on the Ford site said 3.9 for 60. That is quite a big difference. Why are people in that other zip code getting screwed?

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Yeah, but my credit union is 3.99 and when I put in a different zip code the offer on the Ford site said 3.9 for 60. That is quite a big difference. Why are people in that other zip code getting screwed?
Ford Credit has always done different promotions (including credit offerings) in different areas/regions.

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
Discounts and rebates? Is that a Texas thing? I'm going to order d-plan in NC and I'm not seeing any deals. They dealers don't really seem motivated to get me to order through them either. More of a "you want to order? Come by when I have free time and I'll do it begrudgingly".
It varies from dealer to dealer I’d imagine. Probably because they make a bit more money moving what they have on the lot with dealer mark-ups and anything ordered through them is considered “extra” inventory and you don’t have to add the $2k+ of accessories they do.
I’m getting $1,000 plus $2,300, they are eating the destination charge, plus a few other things.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Probably because they have a higher default rate for some reason.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
That's funny, I'm not like 'super' old yet at 36, and I've been married for some time, but I'm in OKC and I can't imagine anyone giving a crap what car you drive in the dating scene.

I can't honestly tell you you're wrong because I have no recent experience, but I'm thinking it might just be the crowd you are running with that's weird like that.
He could be right this v8 brings the charm from the 80 to 90 year old blue hairs. I stop at a light and I can hear the wheels squeaking on their walkers trying to get a closer look at this badboy! :)
Sponsored