Sponsored

Advice on buying 5.0?

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I’d say the majority of society does not know the difference between the different engines and most of that majority wouldn’t be able to tell the difference in person either. For the most part, cars are just a means of transportation and require no further interest or research into the matter.

I had to explain WHY I sold my V6 for a GT more than a few times to my fiancé and a friend. To them they think I’m literally buying the same car twice until I explain the differences. They are intelligent people but have no clue about cars.
Yeah i'm in the same boat (started in my V6, which i still drive while I wait for the Mach 1) and am likely going to be doing the same thing with my family/friends here soon... My dad really wants me to get a Bronco or a BMW/Toyota and I'm just like... I'll do that when we are forced to switch to EVs. I'd rather have a nicer interior than what i have now and a piece of automotive history that will soon become a relic of the past.

It's pretty much now or never for V8s, unless you make an assload of money.
Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Nah, his girlfriend is real. I found a pic of her online:

1652889126812.png
I was wrong, she’s a good lookin woman. Reminds me of my girlfriend 😂

Chomperr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT ; 2016 Mustang V6 (Sold)
Yeah i'm in the same boat (started in my V6, which i still drive while I wait for the Mach 1) and am likely going to be doing the same thing with my family/friends here soon... My dad really wants me to get a Bronco or a BMW/Toyota and I'm just like... I'll do that when we are forced to switch to EVs. I'd rather have a nicer interior than what i have now and a piece of automotive history that will soon become a relic of the past.

It's pretty much now or never for V8s, unless you make an assload of money.
Exactly. EV range and tech will only continue to improve. I’m not interested in paying top dollar for tech that’s already outdated before it even hits the lot. Especially with how expensive the decent EV’s and insurance costs are. It’s like buying a new phone.

The Broncos look pretty sharp though. I’m seeing a LOT more of them on the road now.

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Exactly. EV range and tech will only continue to improve. I’m not interested in paying top dollar for tech that’s already outdated before it even hits the lot. Especially with how expensive the decent EV’s and insurance costs are. It’s like buying a new phone.

The Broncos look pretty sharp though. I’m seeing a LOT more of them on the road now.
Agreed. EVs have potential but they’re not there yet. Probably sometime in the next 5 years, they will be though. I’m excited to see what they do with them but infrastructure and range has a long way to go still. I think once manufacturers make more EV platforms from the ground up, we’ll start seeing some fun/exciting ones.

Personally, I’m hoping that this trend of putting big screens and putting all the controls in the infotainment comes to an end. That’s another reason why I opted to get a new S550 instead of wait for next gen.

Broncos are really cool but I’m just not a truck guy. I like my sports cars and sedans, something about the handling and low ride height just feels right to me. If I could go off-roading then I might have considered one but I live on the MA/NH border so not much point there lol.

Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
but infrastructure and range has a long way to go still.
Watch Long Way Up with Ewan McGregor.

Premise: They take 2 electric Harley's from the tip of South America to LA. The film crew also takes the first two Rivian trucks off the line (before there even was a line).

Imagine that trip on a mass scale for anyone going outside of their immediate area, in the snow.

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
He is the only member I have on ignore. Might be a good idea for you too. Or maybe he will be banned again. Hopefully permanently :giggle:
I hate that brain-dead DF and finally wound up ignoring him. Didn’t realize he got unbanned, but I agree he should be perma’d

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Definitely order to the specs you want or at least get the stuff that can’t be added later.

I wound up ordering a 2022 Oxford white Gt 401a, with A10, active exhaust, B&O, and 3.55s. It was around 54k with ttnl, and the discounts and current rebates from the dealer dropped it almost 5k and I’m putting down 10% as well.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
I ordered a 22’, Ford said 3 months it’s been 1 and no update. I’m scared it will take much longer than 3 months and miss out on this beast
Here's some advice from a viejo: there's ALWAYS another one. If ordering the '22 is the right decision, missing out on the '20 isn't a loss, even if you have to wait. If the '22 doesn't come through, keep looking. There'll be another deal somewhere, even if you have to drive a few hours to get it. You're from Texas, dang it. So you drive to Houston to buy a car. All in a days drive. Just don't speed through Refugio.

And stay FAR, FAR, FAR away from any woman that finds a V8 to be "offensive." This is Texas, dammit.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Yeah, only moved here in 2019 after 40 years over there, last in San Antonio. It was nothing to drive to Houston for business meetings and return the same day.

And the in laws are right down the street from the OP in Weslaco.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Not a single girl I dated liked noise. They all drive little Honda fits and civics. Lol
Sounds like you need to re-evaluate your choice in wymin.

I was (un?)fortunate to stand right behind @EmCel car this afternoon when she did a cold start and I practically jumped. holy hell it was loud but a nice loud - not the garbage rasp of my neighbor's SN95 which was grossly uncivil loud. And yet she keeps saying "want louder". :)

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's some advice from a viejo: there's ALWAYS another one. If ordering the '22 is the right decision, missing out on the '20 isn't a loss, even if you have to wait. If the '22 doesn't come through, keep looking. There'll be another deal somewhere, even if you have to drive a few hours to get it. You're from Texas, dang it. So you drive to Houston to buy a car. All in a days drive. Just don't speed through Refugio.

And stay FAR, FAR, FAR away from any woman that finds a V8 to be "offensive." This is Texas, dammit.
there was a 2021 Oxford white GT with 401a, active exhaust, BAP, B&O, and 3.55s with 5k miles for $44.9k an hour from me.

I went to go inquire about the car with a 680 median credit score, not the best but not the worst. When I get there to do the deal, they offer less than preferred for the trade in, but I continue to proceed because it’s a good deal anyway. They come back and say my credit score is less than 570 and I laugh and walk out.

I go back my normal dealer on the way home and tell them what happened and they run my credit for a possible build and it’s actually 715. We do the numbers on the same car I was looking at but new with the trade in plus incentives, and it’s coming out to be $1,100 LESS than the used the car I looked at. Sometimes it’s worth going new.

Last edited:

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
My advise, since I haven't frequented this forum much lately and the plethora of 12 year olds that have recently bought them a GT and find it harsh and shifts bad and why isn't the ride like a Town Car, and it smells like leather, YUCK!

Go buy a used Police Crown Vick.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
My advise, since I haven't frequented this forum much lately and the plethora of 12 year olds that have recently bought them a GT and find it harsh and shifts bad and why isn't the ride like a Town Car, and it smells like leather, YUCK!

Go buy a used Police Crown Vick.
So you're here creeping on 12 year olds?
Sponsored