WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
How about this stuff??

Screenshot_20240125_101340_Chrome.jpg
Based on colour, I think my exhaust tips (NA / standard tune) have been up to around 350°c, so that product has a good margin :like:

WD :like:
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Based on colour, I think my exhaust tips (NA / standard tune) have been up to around 350°c, so that product has a good margin...
You're joking, right?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
You're joking, right?
Spotted this (it was more obvious in real life) :

1706198650910.png

Compared to this :

1706198740464.png

So I pitched in at 350°C 🤷‍♂️

My H pipe is really colourful ...

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Whatcha mean? No good? Any suggestions KingKona.
I was replying to WD Pro's claim that his exhaust tips have gotten up to 350 degrees celsius. If they had, his car would have burned to the ground, that's 662 degrees fahrenheit, well above the temperatures needed to start materials burning.

Sponsored

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Spotted this (it was more obvious in real life) :

1706198650910.png

Compared to this :

1706198740464.png

So I pitched in at 350°C 🤷‍♂️

My H pipe is really colourful ...

Ohhhh ok. Lol

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I was replying to WD Pro's claim that his exhaust tips have gotten up to 350 degrees celsius. If they had, his car would have burned to the ground, that's 662 degrees fahrenheit.
Gotcha!!! Lol. What would u use to lube the valves in the active exhaust??
Thanks Anthony

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Since you are still under warranty just have the dealership look at it. If you spray some lube in there and then take it in they may question what they are seeing. We all know spraying some lube won't affect anything and hopefully it helps solve you issue, but we also know how stupid dealerships can be if they see that someone has "tried" to fix something themselves before taking it in for warranty work.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Since you are still under warranty just have the dealership look at it. If you spray some lube in there and then take it in they may question what they are seeing. We all know spraying some lube won't affect anything and hopefully it helps solve you issue, but we also know how stupid dealerships can be if they see that someone has "tried" to fix something themselves before taking it in for warranty work.
1000%.. thanks 4 reply,
Anthony

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Gotcha!!! Lol. What would u use to lube the valves in the active exhaust??
Thanks Anthony
I wouldn't. It's not meant to be lubed.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I was replying to WD Pro's claim that his exhaust tips have gotten up to 350 degrees celsius. If they had, his car would have burned to the ground, that's 662 degrees fahrenheit, well above the temperatures needed to start materials burning.
OK, it's a Z06 but :

1706205665175.png

I don't know what effects the euro GPF has on exhaust gas temp when it's doing its regen thing ? (If it's anything like the DPF on my diesel it will raise it).

I understand this is why most performance exhausts have double skinned tailpipes, it hides the discolouration that you can see on my photo above.

Note that it's only the straight through pipe that discolours, the muffler takes too much heat out of the other pipe.

How would you interpret the photo of my exhaust (on the valved pipe) v the colour chart I posted ? :like:

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
OK, it's a Z06 but :

1706205665175.png

I don't know what effects the euro GPF has on exhaust gas temp when it's doing its regen thing ? (If it's anything like the DPF on my diesel it will raise it).

I understand this is why most performance exhausts have double skinned tailpipes, it hides the discolouration that you can see on my photo above.

Note that it's only the straight through pipe that discolours, the muffler takes too much heat out of the other pipe.

How would you interpret the photo of my exhaust (on the valved pipe) v the colour chart I posted ? :like:

A: Many of the numbers on there are clearly bullshit guesses. Or on-track maxes.

B: "euro GPF" means absolutely nothing to me and most people here. So whatever point you were tying to make was missed.

C: The "discoloring" could have nothing to do with extreme temperatures, and everything to do with whatever got on the exhaust at one point or another. Like washing soaps, spray-on waxes, road-crap, etc.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
As you are clearly being argumentative on this I won’t bite on A and B, you can find that info yourself.

C : was on both mufflers, on one pipe on each, on the valved pipe on each. They are close enough to get treated with the same products and same conditions.

D : You didn’t answer my question.

E : I’m out, unless I can offer more help to the OP :like:

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I have 19K miles, mine doesn't sound metallic. Sounds like a chirp when I turn off the car at night from quiet mode. Also sometimes when changing modes in cold nights usually.

For the OP I would think you should take it in and have them replace it since your warranty is running out. Don't add lube, it will make it go away then dealer can't replicate and you run out of warranty when it comes back. LOL
Sponsored