Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
@GT Pony thanks. However check the video in the link below, I think they show the location of the low pressure port to be the same as the one shown with a yellow arrow in my photo :shrug:

Can someone confirm that?

https://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/...L_4_Cyl._Turbo/air_conditioner/recharge_freon
Yes, it's the same one you pointed to, which is back towards the firewall. It was hard to get my bearings from your close up photo. See below, from the video you linked to.

Also, I saw in another video that said the high pressure service port and low pressure service port are different sizes, so you can't mix them up by mistake.
S550 Mustang Low Pressure AC Port Location.JPG

Last edited:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Here's another video showing how to recharge your A/C system yourself. Pretty easy to do, and it's the same basic procedure regardless of the vehicle being recharged. Just flow refrigerant into the low pressure side of the system while the AC is running at the max cooling setting until the correct low pressure level is obtained on the bottle's gauge.

[ame]

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Cheers man

thashow2k1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT BAse
Well, just got the call, Ford just told me the evaporator needs to be replaced at 42000 miles smh $1700 before tax, possibly the greatest scam going ��, don’t buy a warranty and the ac will break and you’ll be paying us for a replacement or buy the warranty and we’ll continue to replace it until the warranty is out and then you’ll still have to pay....easy money, getting rid of this thing before I have an engine tick happen too smh
Well good news after going thru the customer service route, Ford has stated to pay for most of the repair, leaving me with $250 bill for the replacement. Dropping it off on Monday with For a smooth fix.

Sponsored

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Well good news after going thru the customer service route, Ford has stated to pay for most of the repair, leaving me with $250 bill for the replacement. Dropping it off on Monday with ���� For a smooth fix.
Wow, happy to hear they came through. If they're not going to issue a widespread fix, it's good to see they're handling the cases where people are getting REALLY screwed.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Well good news after going thru the customer service route, Ford has stated to pay for most of the repair, leaving me with $250 bill for the replacement. Dropping it off on Monday with ���� For a smooth fix.
Good news! I was at 41k miles and needed evap, compressor, and accumulator replaced. Total bill was $2300 and they didn't cover anything at all, even after opening 2 separate cases about it.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Good news! I was at 41k miles and needed evap, compressor, and accumulator replaced. Total bill was $2300 and they didn't cover anything at all, even after opening 2 separate cases about it.
The people involve have a lot of discretion. You probably just got the wrong people, or got the right people on the wrong day (or maybe rubbed someone the wrong way).

Heavyeng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Hi folks,
New to the forum after searching for AC problems. No cold air and it happened literally overnight. It was fine on the 4th and drove to work the next day and nada on cold or even cool air.
Looks like my '16 GT 23k miles is going to be another evap victim. I'll find out next Friday.

adair727

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
2016 Evaporator... Failed....

Just got the official word from the dealer that at 21,000 miles my 2016 V6 has a bad evaporator. Part is on order and the car will go in for the fix next Tuesday. I will let everyone know the part number of the new evap, but I expect there are no new revisions recently.

Sponsored

CHUCKinFLL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2017 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
My 2017 has been in the shop now for 10 days (for the AC, heated/cooled seats not working & rear 1/4 windows not going all the way up), told they had to order the evaporator & it's on back order... no ETA on when it will arrive. Really getting sick of the Escape loaner car.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Very nice. Maybe the bad press is starting to accumulate.

Captdistraction

Not the Stig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT350 Tech Pack, 2011 Mustang Racecar, 2011 Raptor
Mine goes back in this week. Blows cool air, but not enough to lower the cabin temperature much in AZ. I think the system is underfilled after replacing the compressor, but leaving it in the dealers hands.

That said, I'll likely cross 24k mi today, so buyback/lemon is coming off the table. I think from a hassle standpoint it doesn't change anything and the dealer seems eager to get the repair done (along with a Ford case open).

I will lose my mind if they say its normal operating at this point.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Sorry if this is a repeat question, Are the replacement Evaporator's the same faulty units or are they different? What are the part numbers for bad/good Evaporators? I had my 2015 replace early in 2018.
Sponsored