Sponsored

A/C Evaporator Factory Defect

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Before my compressor went south at 23K miles, my memory has it that it pumped out cold air almost immediately. Now, on a hot day, it takes 10 minutes to start to feel cool.

Refresh my memory. Cold air right away? I have to have my windows down for a couple miles now...
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Well, just got the call, Ford just told me the evaporator needs to be replaced at 42000 miles smh $1700 before tax, possibly the greatest scam going ��, don’t buy a warranty and the ac will break and you’ll be paying us for a replacement or buy the warranty and we’ll continue to replace it until the warranty is out and then you’ll still have to pay....easy money
You left out the option to sell it BEFORE the warranty ran out.

I can understand someone taking the risk. Sorry it did not work out for you. Dealers aren't known for the lowest prices or best work. Since its your dime, might want to shop the job to reputable businesses. If you don't, you MIGHT get Ford to pay part if you tell them how much you love the car and are disappointed.

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Joined the club sooner than I expected. 16k miles. Said fuck it and went to Walmart and found a sealer for metal and rubber and the cheapest can of r134 with a dummy gauge. Didn't feel like getting my gauges out. System holds 21oz so I figured 16oz would put it just about right because the system still had enough to blow cold at idle, but nothing higher. Now it's blowing cold and I hope the sealer lasts a while.
Did the same thing last August, Marvin. Still blowing cold. About 42 - 43 degrees out of the vents.

See my post at https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2177193&postcount=914

:cheers:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Is the product shown in this video the one you used [MENTION=10576]BeauxXL1200[/MENTION]? It seems pretty easy to use. I would definitely buy a can and keep it in my storage in case I ever need it. Can you share a link of where you bought it?

Sponsored

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
Is the product shown in this video the one you used [MENTION=10576]BeauxXL1200[/MENTION]? It seems pretty easy to use. I would definitely buy a can and keep it in my storage in case I ever need it. Can you share a link of where you bought it?

Yep. That’s it. I still have the can and a little bit of refrigerant left in it.

It worked for me, so far. :cheers:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
[MENTION=10576]BeauxXL1200[/MENTION] do you have a link for the product? Also, as I am not familiar with a/c stuff, does anyone know where the low-side service a/c port is on our cars?

EDIT:

For those interested, this is the link of the product on eBay. I will definitely buy one, you never know: https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-STP-A-...217976&hash=item4b478e609c:g:vHwAAOSwX3FaC6Dm

I suppose this is the low-side service a/c port on our cars (yellow arrow) and the compressor (red arrow - you need this because you will have to keep an eye while filling the system with the a/c Pro refrigerant).
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Last edited:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
If you're still under warranty, I'd advise not to refill the AC. No need to give anyone excuses for warranty denial.

If you're warranty is up, have at it. I refilled my old foxbody once every couple of months in the summer. Just keep in mind, if the leak is evaporator you are going to be breathing that shit in.

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=10576]BeauxXL1200[/MENTION] do you have a link for the product? Also, as I am not familiar with a/c stuff, does anyone know where the low-side service a/c port is on our cars?

EDIT:

For those interested, this is the link of the product on eBay. I will definitely buy one, you never know: https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-STP-A-...217976&hash=item4b478e609c:g:vHwAAOSwX3FaC6Dm

I suppose this is the low-side service a/c port on our cars (yellow arrow) and the compressor (red arrow - you need this because you will have to keep an eye while filling the system with the a/c Pro refrigerant).
I purchased mine at AutoZone. Since it’s lasted for about 10 months, I can only assume that the sealant in the refrigerant sealed the leak. :cheers:

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
After all these years still no diy video or step by step hell i can replace myself!

Sponsored

Deleted member 35786

Seems this is mostly with the 15/16 models. Was this addressed in the 17 models, or still to early to tell?

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
Seems this is mostly with the 15/16 models. Was this addressed in the 17 models, or still to early to tell?
No it wasn't addressed. Several 17 owners have had their evap fail, including mine at 12k miles.

Deleted member 35786

Well I am about to acquire one with 20K on it so lets see how she runs until the 3yr/36K miles warranty is up.. eeek

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV

Here's a link to the A/C PRO tool to find the high and low service ports on any car's AC system.

http://acprocold.com/ask-the-pro/po...o Recharge your A/C &utm_content=Port Locator

The newest Mustang they show is a 2012, but looks like it's basically the same port locations. The low pressure side looks to be the port closest to the firewall. Your big yellow arrow looks like it's pointing to the HIGH pressure side port.

http://acprocold.com/port/2012-ford-mustang/
Sponsored