Sponsored

A/C Evaporator Factory Defect

scformula

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500
Same issues as everyone else here at 13k (warm driver side/slightly colder on passenger side)...

Made an appointment and took it in this past Tuesday morning, got it back today (4 days total). Service Advisor told me they were a day behind on work when I dropped it off. I told him no biggie just start it when you can. Next day around 3pm he called to tell me what I was expecting to hear and that they needed to order the part. Needless to say, I was happy to get it back as soon as I did and the dealership did a good job with it.:thumbsup:

Part number on paper work was FR3Z-19850-Y
Sponsored

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Day seven since the recharge and it's still holding and blowing cold. Fingers crossed. But it's probably just a matter of time. :cheers:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
And another one bites the dust. My car is a 2016 export spec, built in October 2015. Got it diagnosed for the first time yesterday (40,000 km).

Service tech told me the system is supposed to have over 500 grams of cooling agent and mine only had 140. System was checked for leaks but none found. After a refill it's working fine again, for now at least. Fingers crossed, but I'm not optimistic tbh.

Last edited:

Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
And another AC failure. Last week noticed the passenger side vent blowing colder air than the drivers side.

Started getting headaches breathing in the Freon. Had not suspected anything unusual, as the car was parked outside in the heat and just thought it was taking a longer time to cool off the interior.

I've got 54,000 miles on my car right now, so no warranty work here. I've already tried to add Freon with UV dye and there are no leaks showing in the engine bay. I've got a light mist of Freon on the window glass and most likely the entire interior.

Appointment is setup with the dealer for drop off tomorrow evening to look at on Thursday. Chances are, they'll be ordering a new Evaporator assembly.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Shame on them if they don't warranty this.
Not unless an owner has purchased some type of Ford (or other) Extended Warranty plan...

There's so many Evap threads - but I do recall a response from someone who had to pay for the repair (no warranty) and the cost was over $1k... it's a very labor intensive repair, which is where most of the high $$$ cost comes into play.

Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Not unless an owner has purchased some type of Ford (or other) Extended Warranty plan...

There's so many Evap threads - but I do recall a response from someone who had to pay for the repair (no warranty) and the cost was over $1k... it's a very labor intensive repair, which is where most of the high $$$ cost comes into play.
I'm well aware that the repair will come out of my pocket. I'm out of the warranty period and I can accept that. What I have a hard time with is the continual revision to the part that even in its latest iteration may be faulty. :frusty:

Dropped it off last night. I should hear something later today to confirm. I'll keep posting and let everyone know what the bottom line is.

brimstn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Ecoboost
I just got my invoice from the dealer, they used FR3Z-19850-V as well...so yet another one after C, H, M, and R.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
I just got my invoice from the dealer, they used FR3Z-19850-V as well...so yet another one after C, H, M, and R.
V is latest for EBS

Y is lates for Gts

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
@MustangDownUnder had a Z ordered for his GT in the past week - Part No. GR3Z 19850 Z

Note the G prefix instead of the F - perhaps specific to RHD cars?

:shrug:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1950512&postcount=58

Well, that's the part number they 'wrote' down for me.

It would'nt surprise me if it is actually an F prefix rather than the G that they wrote down.

(I also had a Puddle (pony logo) light replaced on the passenger side, which has a 'GR3Z 13B375 A' part number.... so who knows) Its possible they got mixed up.

I have to wait a few weeks for the part to arrive anyway :doh:, then I could confirm actual part number.

But I can confirm the last letter was a Z. And I did ask for confirmation that this is the latest replacement part available. Which I was told it was.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm well aware that the repair will come out of my pocket. I'm out of the warranty period and I can accept that. What I have a hard time with is the continual revision to the part that even in its latest iteration may be faulty. :frusty:

Dropped it off last night. I should hear something later today to confirm. I'll keep posting and let everyone know what the bottom line is.
Good luck... let us know how it goes!

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Last edited: