Sponsored

A/C Evaporator Factory Defect

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Well I got my car back from the dealer after being there for 6 days, they didn't fix the compressor. They had to order parts & Ford didn't send all needed the first day. The second batch came in a couple of days later & it still was short a part. The needed part is on backorder til around the middle of May.

They did give the car back to me but I can't use the A/C.

This sucks.
Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Well I got my car back from the dealer after being there for 6 days, they didn't fix the compressor. They had to order parts & Ford didn't send all needed the first day. The second batch came in a couple of days later & it still was short a part. The needed part is on backorder til around the middle of May.

This sucks.
Hey, at least you're not in the south....going to be in the mid 80's here all week. On the flip side, my replacement seat warmer is on national back-order. :doh:

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium

This sucks.
Get in contact with the service manager and get a loaner while they are waiting on parts. You should not have to drive a broken car due to a manufacturer's issue getting parts.

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Millhouse
We're getting the same warm & muggy weather in Wi. this week. Had to drive down & back to Chicago to see my terminally ill mother today.

Scoggy
This dealer doesn't give loaners if the car wasn't bought there. Service at the selling dealer sucked.

Worse thing is they washed the car, even though I never let them before, & now I've got water spots.

Last edited:

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Scoggy
This dealer doesn't give loaners if the car wasn't bought there. Service at the selling dealer sucked.
Then get in contact with Ford customer care to get them to cover a car payment for you or see what they can offer. You'll be without a working car for several weeks. Honestly, stuff like this is why I went away from Ford the first time. I'm going away from them again if the Genesis G70 lives up to the hype.

Sponsored

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
...I'm going away from them again if the Genesis G70 lives up to the hype.
All it takes is one problem it seems. I lemon-lawed a Maxima once before after three attempts to fix a low-tech problem... Never again Nissan.

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Scoggy
Thanks for the advice, but I paid cash for it, no payments. It's not bad, I just crank up the fan & the seat cooler. When I'm not doing 75 I open the window.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
All it takes is one problem it seems. I lemon-lawed a Maxima once before after three attempts to fix a low-tech problem... Never again Nissan.
I wish it was just 1 problem with this car. I've had a fuel pump leave me stranded, a water pump replaced, the evaporator, compressor, and accumulator replaced for the A/C, and more rattles than I can count on both hands. All this by 40,000 miles.

I had an Infiniti before my mustang that was problem free for 140,000 miles. I know it's a bit of a lottery when you buy a car, but the big 3 seem to have more issues than the Asian brands.

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
I know it's a bit of a lottery when you buy a car, but the big 3 seem to have more issues than the Asian brands.
Truth.

My father's 2010 5.7 Tundra has a 180,000 miles and he just had to replace a brake master cylinder, hist first mechanical failure since buying it new in 09. Never had any issues under warranty and the truck runs flawlessly. I had two minor issues with my S2000 and both were well over 120k miles.

My mustang is 14 months old with 12,000 miles and it's a rattle box with a new evaporator that will only fail again.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Well, mines in surgery today for the compressor. Here's hoping the Doc says it does not need an EVAP! (As I said earlier, I have my doubts) 23K miles, two years in.

Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
LOL.

Just lost AC for the fourth time today. Good thing I just got that extended warranty, because I'm at 36500 miles now.

Don't know when I'm taking it back in, but I had the feeling it was going to do it. Had the telltale signs. And I supposedly had the updated evaporator (I forget the part number, have to find the documents).

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
LOL.

Just lost AC for the fourth time today. Good thing I just got that extended warranty, because I'm at 36500 miles now.

Don't know when I'm taking it back in, but I had the feeling it was going to do it. Had the telltale signs. And I supposedly had the updated evaporator (I forget the part number, have to find the documents).
4th! That is insane. If you find the part number you had, please post it.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL.

I test drove a Mazda CX5, Honda CR-V, RAV 4, Escape with the 2.0 turbo, all loaded. I actually signed a deal for the Escape, sticker price 38K, my car + 6700) and drove home and lost my shit because I was so pissed that I was getting rid of my GT. Needless to say, I flaked out and kept my GT. But it is posts like this (4th evaporator!) that make me doubt my wisdom. The CR-V is actually a decent little car, and I have a hella commute. (130 miles each way)
My GT is in the shop, has been for a few days now, getting the compressor replaced at 24K miles. Seems they forgot to order a belt that they have to cut off to replace. (Why is said belt not shipped with the dam compressor??)I doubt that is the end of the story, if I was a betting man, I would bet that it is going to get an evap before it is over, at least one.
I do have an extended warranty for when I blow past 36K miles, but it is rather irksome and disgusting Ford can't design an air conditioner in 2018.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
My GT is in the shop, has been for a few days now, getting the compressor replaced at 24K miles. Seems they forgot to order a belt that they have to cut off to replace. (Why is said belt not shipped with the dam compressor??).
Because the belt is supposed to be reused, not cut off by a bonehead tech.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because the belt is supposed to be reused, not cut off by a bonehead tech.
They maintain that's what the instructions say to do. Who knows. I may actually buy a belt and bring it to them if it saves a couple days.
Sponsored