6spd manual durability

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
That's odd. My lpxhd is not perfect but the one place it's always solid is high rpm shifts. Every gear is crisp and lockout is a thing of the past. My guess is driver.
Maybe it was. He did say he was a little rusty. If you go back and watch some of his other videos, he is usually on point with his shifting. Iā€˜m curious as to whether he should have gone with the LPXHD on his boosted application? I would guess heā€™s probably making between 700 - 800 hp at the crank. Wondering if heā€™ll burn through it quickly?
Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Maybe it was. He did say he was a little rusty. If you go back and watch some of his other videos, he is usually on point with his shifting. Iā€˜m curious as to whether he should have gone with the LPXHD on his boosted application? I would guess heā€™s probably making between 700 - 800 hp at the crank. Wondering if heā€™ll burn through it quickly?
Maybe. If you need a stage 3 calimer, why on earth would not get the HD?

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2021 twister orange gt performance pack
I have a 21 gtpp 6sp. I have issues (sometimes) with 1-2, 2-3.
i am pretty sure my issues are because the shifter is mounted to the body and has crazy flex under wot. I always drive mine in drag strip mode because that puts my limiter at 7400 instead of 6500 with the other modes. I do have my shift point at 7200 as to not the limiter. I dont think i have a clutch issue though. Will be looking into a mgw race spec shifter with possible fluid change. Car has right at 20,000 miles
Thoughts

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Just for note. This is my 3rd mt-82 equipped car. 11 gt brembo, 15 gtpp, and now my 21 gtpp. Have had the same problem in all. No durability issues only wot issues

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
i am pretty sure my issues are because the shifter is mounted to the body and has crazy flex under wot. I always drive mine in drag strip mode because that puts my limiter at 7400 instead of 6500 with the other modes. I do have my shift point at 7200 as to not the limiter. I dont think i have a clutch issue though. Will be looking into a mgw race spec shifter with possible fluid change. Car has right at 20,000 miles
Thoughts
All the modes should have the same limiter, at least that is what I have.

Sponsored

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
All the modes should have the same limiter, at least that is what I have.
In mine they dont. They all redline at 6400-6500 except for drag mode

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thoughts
If the shifter is mounted to the body, then it (the shifter) doesn't move but the engine and the transmission do move together. If this is really the case then it should be trans mounted so that they move together.

Doug V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Thoughts

My 2020 has the same issue. Bought it new and have 22k miles now. Problem has been there since the beginning. Cold or warm will change it slightly but it is almost always noticeable. I wanted to keep the stock look with the benefits of a good shifter. I replaced the shifter with a Barton Hybrid 3. The shifts are great but the problem still exists.

Sponsored

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
This is my third MT82 car and each trans had issues. On one I swapped to a Tr6060 and now my car is at the shop they will install a Stage 3 Ben Callimer MT82 with an RXT Mcleod clutch w/ steel flywheel. I hope the shattering isn't bad.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
This is my third MT82 car and each trans had issues. On one I swapped to a Tr6060 and now my car is at the shop they will install a Stage 3 Ben Callimer MT82 with an RXT Mcleod clutch w/ steel flywheel. I hope the shattering isn't bad.
"Chattering" from the clutch? I would think it will be noisier than stock. But the tranny should be louder too: it may not be as bad as you think.

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
"Chattering" from the clutch? I would think it will be noisier than stock. But the tranny should be louder too: it may not be as bad as you think.
I had a McLeod clutch on my last mustang it was a twin disc and the noise it made was loud and annoying. Definitely noisier than stock. Its been years I hope they've made some improvements.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I had a McLeod clutch on my last mustang it was a twin disc and the noise it made was loud and annoying. Definitely noisier than stock. Its been years I hope they've made some improvements.
I think the tranny itself will be loud

Magnetic Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I had my 3-4 shift fork break on my '18 at around 40k miles. It didn't make a sound when it happened. Felt like a normal shift. But when I let the clutch out and hit the gas the rpms just went up and nothing was there. The dealership upgraded all the forks and replaced some gears. Took 2 months to get my car back. When I first bought my car I used to get high rpm 3 gear lock out every time until installed a Blowfish trans mount bracket. I would still get a slight 3rd gear grind at low rpm when the weather was cold. Changed the fluid as well. The transmission does seem a lot better after the repair but I have a hard time trusting it. My buddy has a supercharged '19 and has has zero issues with his.
Sponsored