Sponsored

3rd Gear Grind

Nazgul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GT PP
Sorry for the confusion,

Around 5k is when I started experiencing a firm "Grab" or "Bite" into 2nd, This prompted me to change fluids.

The grab or bite got much better, but still existed.. Around 8k is when it started picking up a grind into 2nd when shifting quickly above 3500rpms, I don't mean leaving the throttle @ 3500, I mean... 1st gear, Get to 3500+ rpms with heavy throttle, Throttle off - Clutch in - shift - slight grind into 2nd - clutch out, throttle on.. Does that make sense ? Your typical spirited launch leaving in 1st.

At work this week, leaving - shifting from 1st to 2nd (Car's cold, not spirited) it Popped hard back into neutral when attempting to continue my acceleration to 3rd.

It's the fluid everyone's been using - RP Syncrhomax. Hopefully that's a bit clearer description.

EDIT: Now 2nd is useless - You can compression brake in 2nd, thus that makes me feel like the gear is intact.. But as soon as you put any load on it - neutral.
Huh bizarre. Ya I would think of you can engine brake using second the gear would be good. I can't explain why it's popping out of gear besides maybe a bad shift fork (bent?) have you missed and gears really romping on it?

You should be covered as rp meets oem spec. Are you tuned?
Sponsored

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
Yep. I'd take mine in but I'm not going to waste my time since it has a supercharger.
Yah I am tuned and other mods on my EB I think Ford will just laugh in my face and say "well thats what caused it"

Unless Ford Service can chim in and say other wise :shrug:

VW had no issues servicing my car under warranty even after turbo swap.:D

Nazgul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GT PP
Yah I am tuned and other mods on my EB I think Ford will just laugh in my face and say "well thats what caused it"

VW had no issues servicing my car under warranty even after turbo swap.:D
The most they can say is no. If they allow it problem fixed.

Rypkr937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Coyote Premium
Subbed as I've definitely ground going into 3rd gear a couple of times. Figured it was just operator error and I didn't have the clutch in 100% during a fast shift. Now I'm second guessing those couple grinded shifts and wondering if it was the tranny not me...

DiEzel

GTFO OG - The Professor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Premium PP
Huh bizarre. Ya I would think of you can engine brake using second the gear would be good. I can't explain why it's popping out of gear besides maybe a bad shift fork (bent?) have you missed and gears really romping on it?

You should be covered as rp meets oem spec. Are you tuned?
Yep - I'm tuned!

Sponsored

Nazgul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GT PP
Yep - I'm tuned!
I can't see them not honoring the warranty unless the pull some bs saying the increased power prematurely caused Trans damage. Still think it's a stretch on their half. Take it in, don't mentioned to tune. While I worry about this Trans it is designed to take a decent beating being a sports gt car and all. It shouldn't be popping out of gear or consistently grinding.

Nazgul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GT PP
Subbed as I've definitely ground going into 3rd gear a couple of times. Figured it was just operator error and I didn't have the clutch in 100% during a fast shift. Now I'm second guessing those couple grinded shifts and wondering if it was the tranny not me...
I think it's the fluid or the cut of the synchros. I occasionally get a small bump grind or bite when I aggressively double clutch into third. I've also considered changing the clutch line to something a bit bigger. Sometimes i wonder of the fast shift grind comes from the line being to restrictive and not actuating the clutch quick enough as we shift.

Nazgul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GT PP
To note I did have one complete third gear lockout during a pull from 2nd to 3rd. It wasn't pleasant.

DiEzel

GTFO OG - The Professor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Premium PP
Sometimes i wonder of the fast shift grind comes from the line being to restrictive and not actuating the clutch quick enough as we shift.
I've thought this but thought some would consider me crazy..

Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My car is at more than 1400 miles now and I've noticed that it shifts a little smoother. I still do get a bit of a bite or a small bump grind if the weather is cold (below 40). I will likely swap fluids at 3k when I do my first oil change. What I've notice is this trans fluid blows in the cold. When it's warmed up its not bad but cold shifts suck.
Have you had this addressed at the dealer yet, Nazgul? Send over a PM with some more information. I've also responded to your post about the clutch pedal. :thumbsup:

I had this, but going into 2nd. Started around 5k miles.

8290 mile marker, Leaving work - 1st... 2nd.. POP. Into N. Cannot put any load on 2nd now. Can coast in it, but cannot touch throttle - instantly into Neutral.
DiEzel, are you saying you have no 2nd gear now? Shoot me a PM with your VIN, mileage, full name, phone number, and dealer info; I'll get this escalated to a regional customer service manager for further assistance.

I can't say for certain, Renner. I recommend checking with your service manager. While modifications may not necessarily void your warranty, if it's found that the non-approved part is the cause of an issue, it wouldn't be covered. That's something you'd have to speak directly with the dealer about however.

Jeff

astolt12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT PP
Subscribing to this as I too am seemingly having the initial showings of this on my MT82. I have 1500 miles on a GT premium with PP.

I've noticed when shifting from 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd it feels like i hit a wall with the stick when ascending gears. 1st to 2nd is random even with the clutch full depressed and 2nd to 3rd i can control a little it seems by coming into neutral for a millisecond and then up into 3rd.

I thought it was me, but like other posters in here maybe I should start looking at the transmission.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Subscribing to this as I too am seemingly having the initial showings of this on my MT82. I have 1500 miles on a GT premium with PP.
I've noticed when shifting from 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd it feels like i hit a wall with the stick when ascending gears. 1st to 2nd is random even with the clutch full depressed and 2nd to 3rd i can control a little it seems by coming into neutral for a millisecond and then up into 3rd.
I thought it was me, but like other posters in here maybe I should start looking at the transmission.
Let's get you to the dealer to have this checked out. Shoot me a PM with your VIN, mileage, name, phone number, and dealer info. I'll connect you with a customer service manager to further assist.

Jeff

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
Well getting more bad 3rd gears shifts...gonna bring it in and see if what they say. Should I even waste my time removing my tune as they can see it on the scan anyways?
Sponsored