3rd Gear Grind

Romie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Romie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Anyone one experience grinding into 3rd gear? I have about 1100 miles and it would grind from time to time shifting from 2nd to 3rd.
Sponsored

Bassfishman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem, MT, 50th Ann App, White, 3:55
Just turned 2000 never a grind once!

SnoopisTDI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 2015 GTPP, Recaros, 2004 Lexus GX470
Yep, at least a few times a day. You can kind of feel the "bite" as you go into 3rd, almost like you don't have the clutch fully depressed.

Sponsored

O-H-5-0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350; 2016 F-150
Yep, at least a few times a day. You can kind of feel the "bite" as you go into 3rd, almost like you don't have the clutch fully depressed.
^ yup

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Swap the trans fluid before thinking about tearing apart the internals. Several good threads on trans fluids.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Anyone one experience grinding into 3rd gear? I have about 1100 miles and it would grind from time to time shifting from 2nd to 3rd.
Happens to me alot, clutch fully in and it just grinds for no reason
Hey guys,

I recommend contacting your local dealer for the grinding noise. If you plan on taking her in, let me know via PM. I'll look into ways to best assist on my end. :)

Jeff

RobBaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost, 6 speed, Performance Package in RR
I had some grinding on my Honda Accord Coupe did the fluid change and it quickly resolved the issue and that was 100K mile ago. Honda was talking about replacing the trans which wasn't the solution to the problem.

Sponsored

Tyler2386

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I have had this problem since day 1. It hasn't improved with a fluid change or with the higher temps. I took it to my dealer several times and they had nothing to offer. I also had an engineer from Ford drive the car. He acknowledged the grinding, but stated that it was a "characteristic" of the transmission.

Nazgul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GT PP
I have had this problem since day 1. It hasn't improved with a fluid change or with the higher temps. I took it to my dealer several times and they had nothing to offer. I also had an engineer from Ford drive the car. He acknowledged the grinding, but stated that it was a "characteristic" of the transmission.
Mine does it too. Not often and what I've learned is to shift from 2 to 3 fast. The smoother it tried to be the more it did it. My opinion on this is fuck it, if my tranny goes they can replace it. A warranty is peace of mind for now.

Nazgul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 15 GT PP
Maybe by 2017 they will have replaced the tranny with a proper one. If people start blowing threw them, maybe they will start throwing in better ones. Wishful thinking :)

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
I completely agree with a quality transmission fluid swap out... it can cure many issues.
Sponsored