Sponsored

3rd Gear Grind

whanieldang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Manual White
Hi,

noticed this thread went cold over a year ago? i have a 2016 Mustang GT with no PP. just stock base model. I have that grind feel going to 3rd from 2nd and not anywhere else. the car has 3000 miles now and i've felt it since day one and thought it was my shifting. can anyone else shed some light about what i can do to get rid of this? it happens about 1/2 the time i shift. Thank you for any help anyone can lend.
Sponsored

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Notchy Gears

I notice notchy gears on my GT but I wouldn't call it grind. It goes into gear but it's not completely smooth. It depends how fast I am shifting.

SnoopisTDI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 2015 GTPP, Recaros, 2004 Lexus GX470
Hi,

noticed this thread went cold over a year ago? i have a 2016 Mustang GT with no PP. just stock base model. I have that grind feel going to 3rd from 2nd and not anywhere else. the car has 3000 miles now and i've felt it since day one and thought it was my shifting. can anyone else shed some light about what i can do to get rid of this? it happens about 1/2 the time i shift. Thank you for any help anyone can lend.
I drive my cars pretty easy until they warm up, and that was mostly when I noticed it - shifting from 2 to 3 at about 2500rpm at the beginning of my drive. I didn't have much problem if I was driving hard and reving much higher. So I started waiting until I was over 3000rpm to shift, and that reduced it some. Then I removed my clutch spring which somehow (I know, it makes no sense) reduced it more. But eventually I installed an MGW shifter and problem solved.

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
I've never experienced any grinding or missed shifts. :shrug:
Oh wait, it's because I have an auto. :bolt:

Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Hi,

THIS may help.

And a thread about it HERE

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
The mt82 is clunking because of rev hang that is programmed into the ecm if the engine rpm goes down like traditional older mustangs would it will not bump grind at all. To test this when you shift from 1 to 2 before shifting hold clutch in until rpms drop below where it wants it to be then go to 2nd. It's the engine rpms that makes it do this!
Sponsored